Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,074 members, 7,835,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? (12926 Views)

Planning To Resign From Current Job / How Much Is Your Current Salary? / Why Would You Want To Leave Your Current Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by DeltaSigma: 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
Ktiti:

Boring ke? God bless your hustle o.

My dear...I wish I could post my picture right now. I'm in a cold Control Room...just gazing at a process in a Control Room. If there's no upset of the process, na like this we go dey....BORRRRRINNNNG!
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by Starke(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
pocohantas:
1. SALARY:- Some of my colleagues have malaria mid-month, but once it is getting to 28,29,30...they start recovering.

When I met with our Chief-HRM, he asked me(and some other people), "Off the records, tell me the truth, why did you apply for this job?". Mind you, we had already gotten the job, this was at the point of signing our offer letters. They all started reciting those lines they crammed from job sites. "I need an organisation that will allow me grow, expand my potential...blabla"

When he got to me, I told him "The pay Sir."

2. It is a step in the right direction:- This is very important, but I put it second because if No1 wasn't impressive- I will take a step in another direction and I am still prone to taking that step for the right pay. cheesy

]3. My colleagues]:- At first I didn't get along with my boss and it was my first time experiencing a toxic boss- my former was bliss. The first time he harassed me, I went into my office, closed my door and cried. Crying helps me ease tension and anger- I love crying. I got home and called my friend, told him I will resign o, I sha know he encouraged me, then we laughed over it.

Back at work, he kept talking to me rudely and I kept taking it. At a point it was becoming draining, I knew that wasn't me. One day, he struck again, unluckily for him, I was under pressure that day. So, accumulated beef, plus pressure- I poured it all on him.

Everyone left the unit because they thought he was going to throw me something, but he just kept looking at me while tapping his table- obviously out of anger. I remember asking him "HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY YOU COME INTO THE OFFICE AND EVERYONE BECOMES MUTE? THINK ABOUT IT".

That day changed a lot, he was quiet for about 2wks. Then he started warming up, now we get along well. He even told me to rub that my red lipstick more, I was surprised he noticed my lips and its colour.

We are all happy...for now.

Yimu! Just say you called your lover boi instead of friend. Mtchew! People and their hypocrisy. Hypocrites everywhere. Oya talk now let mods ban the two of us. I don catch you for your real account today. grin
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by diamondvil(f): 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2019
My time. I can go to work anytime I like,travel when I want to without being queried and the honour I feel when addressed as Ma by companies like mtn,glo,etc. Secondly, solving problems and getting paid for it and the joy and complements I get after solving this problems. It makes me feel like a heroine. It avails me the opportunity to learn new things in the course of tackling this problems. Lastly,my business is not the type you will remain stagnant and doing one particular thing or using same method every time. There is always an upgrade,seminars,training,and an opportunity to interact with partners.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by jclassiq(m): 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2019
Omoluabi9:
I just said a word of prayer for you. You will get a new job soon; one that suits your personality. Amen!
Just define the kind of job you want, and be expectant of opportunities.

Amen,!!

God bless, sir

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by toprealman: 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2019
pocohantas:

Any Igbo soup cheesy
now you have officially got me....info details biko
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2019
diamondvil:
My time. I can go to work anytime I like,travel when I want to without being queried and the honour I feel when addressed as Ma by companies like mtn,glo,etc. Secondly, solving problems and getting paid for it and the joy and complements I get after solving this problems. It makes me feel like a heroine. It avails me the opportunity to learn new things in the course of tackling this problems. Lastly,my business is not the type you will remain stagnant and doing one particular thing or using same method every time. There is always an upgrade,seminars,training,and an opportunity to interact with partners.
Well, sounds fulfilling. And a Happy Birthday to a pretty lady smiley

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by Ktiti: 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2019
DeltaSigma:

My dear...I wish I could post my picture right now. I'm in a cold Control Room...just gazing at a process in a Control Room. If there's no upset of the process, na like this we go dey....BORRRRRINNNNG!

Doo.Just remember the paycheck and smile. Find joy in gazing.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by goat22: 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
Jokerman:
First , I oversee the affairs of a school and I meet new people everyday with diverse complaints and talks... It helps me become a better person and seeing kids calling your name

Secondly, I do freelance engineering services not limited to Hvac installation and maintenance, with my boys (2 for now)... Getting contracts with banks and big eateries have really helped a lot

Lastly, time management, meeting new people and money made noni grin

Are your boys Oliver Tumbunktum and Makinde Panla? Makinde has small pot belly with birth mark on his right eye?
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by Jokerman(m): 5:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
goat22:

Are your boys Oliver Tumbunktum and Makinde Panla? Makinde has small pot belly with birth mark on his right eye?

Nope
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by Nigeriakan: 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
The success of my students, and the compliments I receive from some of them who appreciate the impact I've made in their lives. The pay is more of a token, but the 'thank you' and 'you're my best teacher' comments I get from some of them mean the world to me; they make me wanna do more.

The opportunity to help is another thing I enjoy on the job. I've had to contribute some money to the fees of some students from poor families. There was one of them who brought me a bottle of palm oil to show appreciation.

I also love the fact that I gain more experience every day. Glory to God.

Hoping on God to secure a Federal teaching job...

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
I love my job bcoz of the close-knit team employees, even though the pay is not so great. Resuming work is just like going to see your bro and sisters and other members of the extended family. Choi some workplace can be so sweet, u just feel the day should not end, u guys are missing.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by smeag0l(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2019
1. Prestige when I mention where I work
2. Pay
3. I'm doing something that's an offshoot of what I studied in school
4. I can travel anywhere in the world that I want to.
5. Fantastic, fun and intelligent colleagues
6. Clear career path
7. Diverse training and growth opportunities
8. Interaction with colleagues around the world
9. Intellectually challenging job.
10. Opportunity to continuously contribute to the country's GDP.
11. Flexible work duration
12. Generous leave days
13. Incredible work environment.
14. Zero tolerance for harassment from bosses. Company takes ethical issues seriously.
15. No staying of long hours in traffic.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by smeag0l(m): 8:07pm On Sep 23, 2019
I'm interested in this one, poco
pocohantas:

Any Igbo soup cheesy
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by passionberry(f): 8:10pm On Sep 23, 2019
dammieco:
Nothing. I need another job
same here.I dont get paid on time.if he eventually pays,he pays half half. Am tired with such job.I cant plan

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by tomdon(m): 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2019
GeeMeshin1:
I am a passionate Physiotherapist who derives joy from being able to assist people regain lost muscle functions, get rid of pains and be educated on correct ergonomics at home and at work.

I like the joy and glow in my patients when they have achieved all they hope for through my assistance.

Epp me
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by qanda: 9:10pm On Sep 23, 2019
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by kebliss(m): 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2019
- Happy to be part of the team handling a highly
technical demanding engineering job.
- Timely salary credit alert
- 12% increase of your basic rate every January.
- Self development as regards practical,
theoretical and field experience.
- Out of station allowance e t c

But

- Job so time demanding (Mon - Sat, 7am - 6pm)
- no job security

1 Like

Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by pocohantas(f): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2019
smeag0l:
I'm interested in this one, poco

I will look into it, Sir. grin
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by dgee1(m): 11:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
wow

ImaIma1:
Free breakfast

Work culture
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by smeag0l(m): 11:28pm On Sep 23, 2019
It is oha soup I want o grin
pocohantas:

I will look into it, Sir. grin
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by dgee1(m): 12:42am On Sep 24, 2019
Wow. Please could you please help me? I'm presently looking for a job. Thanks

PrimadonnaO:
1. Awesome colleagues... we're like family.
2. Great work culture/environment. I like that I can call all my bosses by their first name. Initially, it seemed mighty awkward, but I adapted fine.
3. Best boss I ever had.
4. Flexi time flexi time flexi time! grin
5. Our weekly devotionals! It's everything! Sometimes, my faith is strengthened and I learn more there than I do in church.
6. No micro-managing.
7. No stiff-necks
8. Organization's really big on ethics.
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by dgee1(m): 12:57am On Sep 24, 2019
Hello everyone, I'm sorry that I'm putting this up here in this thread. I just feel there are lots of great men and women here than can help me. Please I am looking for a job. I have a degree in Applied Chemistry with a year and half experience, and job seeking has been a very frustrating adventure. I really don't have the connection that is often required in Nigeria to scale through. I am ready to pick up any responsibility even if outside my field and in anywhere in Nigeria. I don't want to waste the whole of this year again. So, please if you, or someone you know, do have or know a place where a competent hand is needed, I would be glad to fill the position. My email address is adedayo1{at}gmail.com, phone number: Zero8Zero22526818. Please help a brother. Thank you.
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by dgee1(m): 3:01am On Sep 24, 2019
Please can you teach me this?
obamartins:
For me, it is working from the comfort of my bedroom while the music play at the background

Having absolute control of my time

Not saying "Yes Sir" to anyone for peanut at the end of the month

Earning over N500,000 monthly from my passion (Self-publishing)

Seeing my books selling with positive reviews from Americans and Britons

Seeing my hard work turn to USD at the end of the month in my Dorm account.

Seeing people rush to work in the morning while i sleep

The list is endless. I love what i do and i can't substitute it for anything.

I give all the Glory to God and the Holy Spirit for divine wisdom. My tithe is gradually moving from 5 digits to 6 digits and the income is gradually moving from six digits to seven digits.

Once again, i love my job with passion and i can't stop thanking God for His wisdom.
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by Eminent4u(m): 3:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
What gives me joy is that; WE FEED AND CLOTH THE WOLD
donstan18:
What is it about your current job/business that gives you joy each time you wake up preparing for it?
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by uchechefaith(f): 8:53am On Sep 26, 2019
Emmy9ite02:
I work from the comfort of my house.
I earn in dollars and spend in naira
The joy in seeing others succeed doing the same thing
Am interested please I want to an online job
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by Sirwallace(m): 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
jaeyking:

I work as an academic tutor.
the passion to impact on new souls and give them meanings to life after school.
also the ability to change a mindset to one that isn't bent on crooked means of survival but knowing that school brings you to a higher ground of logical thinking.

Why sugarcoat it?

You are a teacher whose reward lies in heaven or is that not what they call it when pastors flying their private jets are getting their on this planet.
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by tpdotnet002: 3:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
Apply for Contents Writer and Website Admin Now
Do you know how to create contents that will get ranked in search engine quickly and effectively?

Do you know how to create non-plagiarism contents?

Do you know how to develop and manage a wordpress website?

We Urgently need someone who can create contents with proper keywords and someone who can manage our website.

if you have the skills and ability in you then....

check www.inform.com.ng now to Apply
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by dgee1(m): 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hello bro, I sent you an email. Please do respond
SoNature:
Never knew what it felt like earning good salary until I quit my full-time job to start freelancing.

May God bless that lady called ladywriter. cool
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by jaeyking(m): 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
Sirwallace:

Why sugarcoat it?

You are a teacher whose reward lies in heaven or is that not what they call it when pastors flying their private jets are getting their on this planet.

not sugar coating it. an academic tutor
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by Haryoureendey4(m): 10:05pm On Sep 26, 2019
obamartins:
For me, it is working from the comfort of my bedroom while the music play at the background

Having absolute control of my time

Not saying "Yes Sir" to anyone for peanut at the end of the month

Earning over N500,000 monthly from my passion (Self-publishing)

Seeing my books selling with positive reviews from Americans and Britons

Seeing my hard work turn to USD at the end of the month in my Dorm account.

Seeing people rush to work in the morning while i sleep

The list is endless. I love what i do and i can't substitute it for anything.

I give all the Glory to God and the Holy Spirit for divine wisdom. My tithe is gradually moving from 5 digits to 6 digits and the income is gradually moving from six digits to seven digits.

Once again, i love my job with passion and i can't stop thanking God for His wisdom.
please help your boy sir
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by GeeMeshin1(m): 11:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
tomdon:

Epp me

How may I help you?
Re: What Do You Love About Your Current Job/Business? by toprealman: 11:30am On Oct 04, 2019
pocohantas:

Lol. Why do they always add that?

You will have to eat something else o, this is one soup I can't make and I have no interest in learning how to make it. cheesy
how far

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 Business & Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From Jonah & The Fish / Second Class Upper At 26 Years of age, any hope securing a graduate trainee job. / Please Help With Ideas For A Career Path.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.