Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,101 members, 7,860,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:22 PM

Stop Procrastinating And Start Getting Things Done - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stop Procrastinating And Start Getting Things Done (202 Views)

How To Stop Procrastinating And Pass Your ICAN Exams In One Sitting / Should I Abandon My Masters In Nigeria And Start Afresh Abroad? / Pictures Of Men Taking Serious Risks To Get Things Done (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Procrastinating And Start Getting Things Done by 4nigerianyouths(f): 11:03am On Sep 23, 2019
But first why do you procrastinate?

Fear

Ah, yes good old fashioned fear is usually one of the main reasons you may find it difficult to stop procrastinating.

You may be afraid that the outcome of a particular activity will end in failure.

The thinking is that postponement of this inevitable conclusion(failure) is better than the actual conclusion. So you stall.

What needs to be done is not fun or interesting:

That maths assignment, essay/ report that needs writing, laundry, dirty plates etc just doesn’t excite you.

After all, it is not as interesting as scrolling through your Instagram feed, watching Zee world, watching football, or playing video games. So you choose not to do them now.

Not in the mood or lack of motivation

This happens to all of us at some time. You get up on the wrong side of the bed. Or your stressed or worried about something or even just tired.

That activity will then get put off to some future date.

Lack of ambition

There is nothing driving you. You have no plans nor goals. You’ve not asked questions like where do I see myself in the future?

What do I need to get done by today? If this is you, you are more likely to procrastinate and I dare say about everything.

You prefer instant gratification or fast rewards

Most of the activities that give the greatest rewards take time and maybe difficult/tedious to accomplish.

So you procrastinate about doing them and go for things that are almost effortless and give immediate satisfaction instead.

Say you have been given a gift of 200,000 Naira it will get you a nice cool phone right now. ( Keeping in mind the fact that there is nothing wrong with the one you are currently using except that it’s a few years old with some scratches here and there.)

Meanwhile your friend as just informed you about a decent investment opportunity with good returns.

But ten years or even five years is so far away and you will have to fill forms, get some documentation etc Meanwhile you will look so cool �with that new phone if you choose to get it. And the phone shop is just a bus stop away.

So you start to procrastinate: You can always invest later after all you are young… you see where I am going with this right?

The task at hand is too complex

You have no idea where to begin to tackle it from so you just ignore it for as long as possible.

So how do you overcome procrastination?

Find the solutions here:

https://www.fornigerianyouths.com/stop-procrastinating-and-start-getting-things-done/

(1) (Reply)

What Is Logistic Company ? And How Its Work? / Can You Help To Solve This Question? / How Can I Get My Corporate Video Production Expert ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.