Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,110 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out (2932 Views)

OLIST?? Is It Really Paying? / Jiji Purchase Of Olx Nigeria, Who Else Is Dissatisfied? / OLX Is No Longer Working. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by fineboynl(m): 1:37pm On Sep 23, 2019
the platform jiji is total rubbish. and its an insult to olx users for jiji to acquired the platform and shut it down.

here come olist to the rescue.

opera really mean business with opay, oride oloan, and now olist

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by mightyideasrule(f): 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2019
That Jiji is rubbish, they send you advert list and call you unnecessarily so annoying and no sales there

1 Like

Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by Adinije(f): 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2019
fineboynl:
the platform jiji is total rubbish. and its an insult to olx users for jiji to acquired the platform and shut it down.

I doubt if olist truly mean business. The site still look like beta version. There is no publicity from them to potential buyers, no TV commercials. They are just busy copying and pasting ads from jiji.

4 Likes

Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by Nobody: 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2019
Olist never ready for business
Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by fineboynl(m): 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
Adinije:
I doubt if olist truly mean business. The site still look like beta version. There is no publicity from them to potential buyers, no TV commercials. They are just busy copying and pasting ads from jiji.
they mean business. first thing first the need a lot of listing before commercials.
Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by Adinije(f): 8:43pm On Sep 23, 2019
fineboynl:
they mean business. first thing first the need a lost put listing before commercials.
Well, they have gotten a lot
Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by UIA04(f): 9:29pm On Sep 23, 2019
Adinije:

I think they mean business. They called me twice this month to set up my account.
Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by sunday478(m): 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2019
Olist I think mean business. but lack creativity. making their site a complete carbon copy of jiji and just changing color and few text will make people see them as mediocre trying to copy jiji.

after persistent calls from their CS I registered. but after seeing that everything is pretty much like jiji I held my advert. At least jiji have the publicity now.

jiji works for me. Abuja real estate agent. and website designer.

2 Likes

Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by Adinije(f): 10:08pm On Sep 23, 2019
sunday478:
Olist I think mean business. but lack creativity. making their site a complete carbon copy of jiji and just changing color and few text will make people see them as mediocre trying to copy jiji.

after persistent calls from their CS I registered. but after seeing that everything is pretty much like jiji I held my advert. At least jiji have the publicity now.

jiji works for me. Abuja real estate agent. and website designer.
If you post new advert on your jiji account, go check the olist account, they have duplicated it for you already. They are not serious jare, at least, not yet.

I wonder if there is no law that condemn practice like that

1 Like

Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by sunday478(m): 10:20pm On Sep 23, 2019
Adinije:
If you post new advert on your jiji account, go check the olist account, they have duplicated it for you already. They are not serious jare, at least, not yet.

I wonder if there is no law that condemn practice like that
OH, that's why the keep asking me that they want to activate my account. As if I was not meant to create it my self.

I no there are web scraping software, that can scrape virtually anything

1 Like

Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by amijid2012(m): 12:45am On Sep 24, 2019
Please can someone help me with Olist site
Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by SocialJustice: 7:36am On Sep 24, 2019
fineboynl:

Your English will die first before jiji. What have you built in your life that other people can use but you're here condemning.
Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by nani667: 9:23am On Sep 24, 2019
Adinije:

They actually called me some days back sef, about one new website they are launching.. Just remembered them now as I saw this thread, make I go see the site sef
Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by nani667: 9:29am On Sep 24, 2019
Lowkey Jiji sad

1 Like

Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by IAmSkinny: 9:30am On Sep 24, 2019
Jiji is trash. If you don't have money to spend on VIP ads, then forget it. Nobody will ever see your listed item.
Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by beinstein(m): 9:44am On Sep 24, 2019
Adinije:
It's beta version actually.

Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by LeoThaGreat(m): 10:26am On Sep 24, 2019
Both Jiji and OList at least employs Nigerian staff.
If you've got anything positive to contribute to either company's operations, work for them or refer someone who's capable.

Below are the positions OList is currently hiring for and steps to apply:

Opera is Hiring for OList

This classified ads site, Olist was launched after OPay by Opera (founders of Opera Mini web browser) and will be taken up by professionals to integrate several categories including jobs, real estates, agriculture, autos, constructions and maintenance.
OList will be aiming to provide better user experience and do hope in the long run, they find themselves worthy competitor to other online stores in Nigeria

Opera is hiring the following positions for OList:

Field Sales Executive/Team Lead
N75k - N300k
.We need your efforts to acquire new users to join Olist and keep a good relationship with them by visiting potential clients. As long as you are confident, highly focused, willing and diligent, welcome to join us
(For team lead, the requirement would be higher).
TeleSales Executive/Team Lead
N250k - 300k
.For TeleSales team member, strong communication skills and good customer service is strongly needed. Our task is to acquire new users and build a good relationship with clients by calls and messages (For team lead, the requirement would be higher).
Real Estate/Team Lead
N200k - N300k
.We need an experienced real estate agent/realtor or property manager with strong sales, negotiation and communication skills to help us lead and train team members, set and complete team goals in the category of real estate.
Web Information Auditor
N200k - N300k
.Web Information Auditor is an important role to monitor and make research of online product. You should be professional in Information Technology/Computer and experienced to cooperate with product team to make the site work better.
Content Writer
N200k - N300k
.Content Writer is the communication center between our product and users. We hope someone with strong writing and social media marketing skills to join us to present the best contents to attract more users to enjoy our product!
Graphics Designer
N200k - N300k
.A Graphics designer who can create visual representations of conceptual ideas for print and electronic media. The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of a variety of design software and work closely with the team to manage client projects and company activities
Website Designer
N200k - N300k
.We are looking for a talented Web Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design. They should also have superior user interface design skills.The successful candidate will be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts.
Collection Agent
N150k - N200k
.As a collection agent, you are responsible for reaching out to customers to collect payment for overdue bills, loans, or other payments. Acts as the liaison between creditors and customers and manages overdue accounts.
STEPS TO APPLY
1. Click on the "Support Me" on the pop-up
in the following link: https://olist.ng/activity/support/Adewale/188705
2. A pop up will show afterwards, then you'll click on Apply For A Job At Opera
3. Enter your Name, phone number, and active email address in the tab that pops up
4. Copy the link from the tab that shows up in the next page
5. Share them on your social media to get your friends to help you get the job you applied for.
I'm not sure if this is for selected states in Nigeria, but try your luck
Good luck!
Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by jocamodoj(f): 11:44am On Sep 24, 2019
Jiji na rubbish, I miss OLX

2 Likes

Re: Olist Is Here To Replace Olx. Jiji To Lost Out by ZAWs: 3:51pm On Sep 24, 2019
Jiji has completely lost it.
You have to spend huge money to promote your ad regardless the value.
I wish this competition starts really quick.

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Iphone 11 Pro 256GB For Sale. / Tecno Spark Power 2 With 7-inch Display And 6,000mah Battery Arrives / Ios Versus Android: Na Which One Better Pass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.