Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians (13319 Views)

SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network / Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards / Sale Of Pre-Registered SIM Cards Booms Despite Arrests And Fines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by HeWrites(m): 3:54pm On Sep 24, 2019
The Minister of Communications, Dr Isa Pantami, has warned that all those using or selling pre-registered SIM cards risk being arrested.

The minister also insisted that Wednesday's deactivation deadline for all improperly registered SIM cards still stands.

Pantami made this disclosure on Monday while officially commissioning the National Emergency Toll-Free Number (112) and the Commissioning of the Katsina State Emergency Communications Center, in Katsina.

The Minister stated that appropriate measures have been put in place to ensure that if a crime is committed using a SIM card, the perpetrator would be identified within 60 minutes.

Pantami said the agenda of the Federal Ministry of Communications was in line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s, which, according to him, is built on three cardinal blueprints that involve fighting corruption, securing the lives and property of Nigerians and revitalizing the economy.

He revealed that the Emergency Communications Centers will be deployed across all the 36 States of Nigeria, with Ogun State next in line for the formal commissioning.

http://igberetvnews.com/1018241/dont-buy-sell-pre-registered-sim-card-minister-nigerians/

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by HeWrites(m): 3:54pm On Sep 24, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by amaniro: 3:58pm On Sep 24, 2019
OK sir. I naturally despise registering SIM card. Stressful asf

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by uzohrome(m): 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2019
Good job, nice work and better talk.

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by Jayslicky: 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2019
Very good. The stress in waiting and registering SIM cards that should have been registered is enormous.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by oogbiko(m): 4:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
Will they ever stop

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by naptu2: 4:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
Important

Note the emergency number.

We've gone from 199 in the 1970s and '80s to 112.

112 is the national emergency number. Memorise it!

5 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by phkka1(m): 4:24pm On Sep 24, 2019
Why?
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by davodyguy: 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2019
Story.

Glo has a promo that gives you 4gb for the 1st four months of buying a new sim. Hence, after Every 4 months, people buy new glo sim card

Same apply to Airtel. After every 90 days, people buy new Airtel Sim.

You give us directive, but officials sits on our commonwealth and the people suffer as a result of heavy data? Haba let Nigerians enjoy abeg

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by NaijaWebDesign(m): 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2019
grin
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by Just2endowed2(m): 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2019
. tongue
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by TriCee: 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2019
Seun keep the upgrade coming, we are waiting. Don't tell me you are done already, with the 'disarray' i'm seeing here

10 Likes

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by munchi(m): 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2019
Who registers it?

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2019
davodyguy:
Story
story for the gods
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2019
amaniro:
OK sir. I naturally despise registering SIM card. Stressful asf

Just endure the stress...register...no problem..

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by lyriclekidd(m): 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2019
Okay
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by Sirpaul(m): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2019
Don't look for someone who will solve all your problems. Look for someone who won't let you face them alone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by vicfajeze: 4:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
AWON EEYAN SOWORE
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by publicsensor: 4:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
Na today?
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by davodyguy: 4:29pm On Sep 24, 2019
Jayslicky:
Very good. The stress in waiting and registering SIM cards that should have been registered is enormous.

I have my two principal lines that I have been using since 2001 till date

The others are for browsing and i really don't care about the names on it. They are permanently inside modems. No one gonna receive calls or make calls using them anyway

7 Likes

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by Wikerised(m): 4:30pm On Sep 24, 2019
Active minister, oil dey ur head
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by chukwuibuipob: 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2019
angry angry angry dey sha shud not tell us to go queue and register sim again. i knw how many time i register my MTN SIM

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by christian4chris: 4:31pm On Sep 24, 2019
cool cool cool
good
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by Poorboy: 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2019
MaziRidwan:
Good day/sir
I'm a fresh graduate of University of Ilorin. My entire academic journey up till this level was sponsored. I do part time job during holidays to fend for my needs. Graduating list was recently released few days ago and slot for convocation fee payment has been made available. The total sum is 21k and I'm yet to get a job to make the payment. Convocation is 23rd of October. I can choose not to attend the convocation thereby not paying but the fee include money for transcript and certificate which cannot be paid separately. Kindly assist me as you deem fit. I pray God almighty continue to enrich your pocket.
Attached is a proof and more can be provided on request.
Gtb
So you studied begging in school abi?
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by ehmmy11(m): 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2019
angry go and tell the Hausa guy that keeps calling wrong number

The laws only applys to the poor

1 Like

Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by alphaNomega: 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2019
I have nothing to say to this Information Minister
Re: Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians by midnighter(f): 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2019
naptu2:
Important

Note the emergency number.

We've gone from 199 in the 1970s and '80s to 112.

112 is the national emergency number. Memorise it!

Excuse me have you ever tried calling that no.?

Does anybody even pick

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Droidpad 7c Pro! How Can I Do Hard Reset/factory Reset? Help!!! / Please Do Not Fall A Victim / What Is Your Top Ten Favourite Android Apps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.