Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

How To Tell If Your Iphone Is Refurbished By Looking At Its Model Number. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Tell If Your Iphone Is Refurbished By Looking At Its Model Number. (1701 Views)

How To Tell If This Phone Is A Refurbished Or Original London Used? (Photo) / How To Check If Your Iphone Is New Or Refurbished / 4 Things You Probably Do Not Realise Your Iphone Is Tracking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Tell If Your Iphone Is Refurbished By Looking At Its Model Number. by giftedben: 9:14am On Sep 25, 2019
There’s always a bit of mystery involved when you’re buying an iPhone second hand. Was the phone purchased new by the person selling it to you? Is it refurbished?

Turns out, you can actually find that information out by looking at the serial number of the device.
It’s a trick that’s been around for a while, but OS X daily pointed it out again this week.
Essentially the first letter of your phone’s serial number will let you know whether the phone is new, refurbished, a replacement phone, or is personalized.

To find out on your phone, go to the Settings menu on the iPhone followed by General and then About. From there look for “Model.” The first letter of that model number will either an M,N, F, or P and explains what your phone’s backstory is.

M - New phone
F- Refurbished phone
N - Replacement phone. This is for devices that the original owner likely got from the Apple store after their original phone had some sort of issue.
P - Personalized. These phones were personalized with engraving when they were purchased.

That’s it! It’s super easy and can be a great way to get a little bit more of the story behind that iPhone before you buy.

Re: How To Tell If Your Iphone Is Refurbished By Looking At Its Model Number. by donstan18: 9:23am On Sep 25, 2019
No matter tough and experienced you think you are with phones, places like computer village in Lagos, Emeka offor in Onitsha and St Micheals in Aba will one day humble you.

3 Likes

Re: How To Tell If Your Iphone Is Refurbished By Looking At Its Model Number. by Adinije(f): 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2019
What about the ones that starts with C and D? undecided Na oversabi, oversabi person dey take buy fufu phone.
Re: How To Tell If Your Iphone Is Refurbished By Looking At Its Model Number. by sulasa07(m): 3:09pm On Sep 25, 2019
The moment I hold an Android and look at its Graphics,I will immediately tell you its refurbished.I don't need model number
Re: How To Tell If Your Iphone Is Refurbished By Looking At Its Model Number. by calddon(m): 4:13pm On Sep 25, 2019
All of you don't understand what refurbished means.
Re: How To Tell If Your Iphone Is Refurbished By Looking At Its Model Number. by bobo65(m): 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2019
calddon:

Swear down
Wetin concern refurbishing and model number?
Except it was refurbished by apple themselves and if that's the case, the phone is good to go
Re: How To Tell If Your Iphone Is Refurbished By Looking At Its Model Number. by calddon(m): 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2019
bobo65:

Swear down
Wetin concern refurbishing and model number?
Except it was refurbished by apple themselves and if that's the case, the phone is good to go
A simple battery change on a phone makes it user refurbished. People confuse the word refurbished with fake. Look at one up there say he can spot a refurbished phone by it's display quality. grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Tell If Your Iphone Is Refurbished By Looking At Its Model Number. by ubcandid(m): 7:49pm On Sep 25, 2019
calddon:

Pleas can you elucidate?
Re: How To Tell If Your Iphone Is Refurbished By Looking At Its Model Number. by calddon(m): 9:52pm On Sep 25, 2019
ubcandid:

Pleas can you elucidate?
no strength, no data... allow Google do its job.
Re: How To Tell If Your Iphone Is Refurbished By Looking At Its Model Number. by Kingkun69(m): 10:32pm On Sep 25, 2019
sulasa07:
The moment I hold an Android and look at its Graphics,I will immediately tell you its refurbished.I don't need model number
uncle do you know what refurbished is

Re: How To Tell If Your Iphone Is Refurbished By Looking At Its Model Number. by Kingkun69(m): 10:32pm On Sep 25, 2019
calddon:

A simple battery change on a phone makes it user refurbished. People confuse the word refurbished with fake. Look at one up there say he can spot a refurbished phone by it's display quality. grin
when I saw it I cringed so hard
Re: How To Tell If Your Iphone Is Refurbished By Looking At Its Model Number. by jaywalker04(m): 10:38pm On Sep 25, 2019
calddon:

I was starting to get confused too.
Re: How To Tell If Your Iphone Is Refurbished By Looking At Its Model Number. by Naijaarchive(m): 12:00am On Sep 26, 2019
Lol bt refurbished is just a packaged used phone now... What concern model number? Yeye thread

(1) (Reply)

Xmas Bonanza!!!!.....iphone For Sale!!!!!!!! / See The Latest Android Smartphone And Price. / Giveaway Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.