Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Nairalander Builds Smart Security Camera - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nairalander Builds Smart Security Camera (1559 Views)

Amazon Builds A Multiple Generative AI Called Bedrock / Meet 20years Old 'Rejoice Oghenero' Who Builds Drones From Scratch. / Nicholas Kajoh Builds A Video-based Vehicle Counting System As His Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Builds Smart Security Camera by Theflow(m): 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
I've worked on many projects but this is my most ambitious yet, it's open source and free to download, review and tell me what features you would like to see in the next release.

it's a smart security camera which automatically starts recording when person enters a place and pauses when there is nobody around,this was done so as to make you to see only the details during playback and leave the unnecessary and it also helps to save storage space, you can also tap a key to play an emergency alarm sound incase of emergency. Phoenix also creates a log of who enters a place and the time he did, it can be viewed using excel.
I really hope this project gets the attention it deserves because so far nobody seems to care about it �, thank you...!

https://mobile.twitter.com/thofficialflow/status/1177056683979419648?s=19

https://www.facebook.com/114485873272583/posts/127112595343244/?substory_index=0&app=fbl

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Builds Smart Security Camera by Jboycruz(m): 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
shocked

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Builds Smart Security Camera by MountainView: 8:51am On Sep 27, 2019
Nice one,mate!

Lest I forget, you should drop a demo video,make we watch la undecided undecided
Re: Nairalander Builds Smart Security Camera by AloyalNigerian(m): 11:55am On Sep 27, 2019
Wow. Good one bro
Re: Nairalander Builds Smart Security Camera by tck2000(m): 9:13am On Sep 28, 2019
Nice
Re: Nairalander Builds Smart Security Camera by Theflow(m): 6:49am On Sep 29, 2019
MountainView:
Nice one,mate!

Lest I forget, you should drop a demo video,make we watch la undecided undecided
i will, in due time and did i forget to mention that it creates a log of who enters a place and the time he entered, it can be viewed using excel
Re: Nairalander Builds Smart Security Camera by MountainView: 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2019
Theflow:
i will, in due time and did i forget to mention that it creates a log of who enters a place and the time he entered, it can be viewed using excel

3 gbosa for you Brother!!
Re: Nairalander Builds Smart Security Camera by Atlanticfire: 1:41am On Sep 30, 2019
Theflow:
I've worked on many projects but this is my most ambitious yet, it's open source and free to download, review and tell me what features you would like to see in the next release.

it's a smart security camera which automatically starts recording when person enters a place and pauses when there is nobody around,this was done so as to make you to see only the details during playback and leave the unnecessary and it also helps to save storage space, you can also tap a key to play an emergency alarm sound incase of emergency. Phoenix also creates a log of who enters a place and the time he did, it can be viewed using excel.
I really hope this project gets the attention it deserves because so far nobody seems to care about it �, thank you...!

https://mobile.twitter.com/thofficialflow/status/1177056683979419648?s=19

https://www.facebook.com/114485873272583/posts/127112595343244/?substory_index=0&app=fbl

Where does it save the data?

Can the video be viewed remotely?
Does it have an inbuilt slot for memory card so it can back up the data locally?
What is the video resolution and if what is the frame rate?

If these parameters are right then you should be able to market it
Re: Nairalander Builds Smart Security Camera by Theflow(m): 11:34am On Oct 01, 2019
Atlanticfire:

Where does it save the data?

Can the video be viewed remotely?
Does it have an inbuilt slot for memory card so it can back up the data locally?
What is the video resolution and if what is the frame rate?

If these parameters are right then you should be able to market it
sorry i couldn't reply earlier and thanks for the questions, now i know what to improve.
I'll try to answer all the question (that's a lot of questions lol)
For the first question, it saves data on a hard drive, i've not tested it on an external storage yet.
2nd question, the programme runs on a windows pc, with the help of some software you should be able to view the data remotely.
3rd question, no it's not a standalone external camera, it runs on a pc so it saves data on a hard drive (tip: you can connect alot of external cameras to your pc, if you wish to expand coverage area)
Video resolution and frame rate is only limited by the type and quality of the camera 'it can do 4k res5

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander Builds Smart Security Camera by nlPoster: 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2019
Noted.
Re: Nairalander Builds Smart Security Camera by famuad: 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2019
Apply For Facebook Accelerator London Program 2019 for young African Entrepreneurs

It will close on October 18th, 2019

http://allyourfocus.com/facebook-accelerator-london-program-2019-for-african-entrepreneurs/

(1) (Reply)

My React Portfolio Website / Hi guys review this my app: a whatsapp, 2go, instagram, olx, game app all-in-one / Who Has "Java How To Program 10th Edition " By Paul Dietel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.