Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Stay Strong - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stay Strong (1262 Views)

Stay Strong / Relationship: 14 Strong Signs That He’s Not That Into You / Strong Antispambot Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay Strong by Devilpen(m): 8:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
THE COCKROACH THEORY OF SELF DEVELOPMENT
by
Mr Sundar Pichai – an IIT-MIT Alumnus and CEO, Google Inc.
At a restaurant, a cockroach suddenly flew from somewhere and sat on a lady. She started screaming out of fear. With a panic stricken face and trembling voice, she started jumping, with both her hands desperately trying to get rid of the cockroach.
Her reaction was contagious, as everyone in her group also got panicky. The lady finally managed to push the cockroach away but ...it landed on another lady in the group.
Now, it was the turn of the other lady in the group to continue the drama. The waiter rushed forward to their rescue.
In the relay of throwing, the cockroach next fell upon the waiter.
The waiter stood firm, composed himself and observed the behavior of the cockroach on his shirt.
When he was confident enough, he grabbed it with his fingers and threw it out of the restaurant.
Sipping my coffee and watching the amusement, the antenna of my mind picked up a few thoughts and started wondering, was the cockroach responsible for their histrionic behavior?
If so, then why was the waiter not disturbed?
He handled it near to perfection, without any chaos. It is not the cockroach, but the inability of the ladies to handle the disturbance caused by the cockroach that disturbed the ladies.
I realized that, it is not the shouting of my father or my boss or my wife that disturbs me, but it's my inability to handle the disturbances caused by their shouting that disturbs me. It's not the traffic jams on the road that disturbs me, but my inability to handle the disturbance caused by the traffic jam that disturbs me.
More than the problem, it's my reaction to the problem that creates chaos in my life.
Lessons learnt from the story: Do not react in life. Always respond.
The women reacted, whereas the waiter responded. Reactions are always instinctive whereas responses are always well thought of, just and right to save a situation from going out of hands, to avoid cracks in relationship, to avoid taking decisions in anger, anxiety, stress or hurry.
share with friends and family!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay Strong by germaphobe(m): 9:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
moral lesson

1 Like

Re: Stay Strong by Devilpen(m): 7:19pm On Sep 29, 2019
There was an aged artist who lived in a small village. The man used to design beautiful artistic works to be sold at an attractive price.
One day, a poor man among the villagers challenged the old man saying: "You earn a lot of money from your handiwork but why don't you assist poor people in the village?
Can’t you see that the butcher is not as rich as you are, but he still shares free meat to the poor people in the village?
Also, look at the village baker. He is a poor man with a large family. Yet he gives the poor people free loaves of bread".
The artist did not respond angrily to the accusations. He only smiled.
The poor man was confused about the reaction of the artist so he left him and went out spreading rumors that the artist was so rich, but he was a selfish person who only accumulated wealth and refused to help the poor.
The villagers hated the old artist and they all forsook him.
The old artist became sick and could not do anything for himself but nobody among the villagers cared to visit him or helped him so he died a lonely old man.
The days passed by and the villagers observed that the butcher stopped free distribution of meat and the baker could not give the poor people free loaves of bread any more.
When the butcher and the baker were asked why they stopped helping the villagers, they said that: "the old artist used to donate money every month to pay for the free meat and bread to the poor people in the village. Now that he was dead, there was nobody to pay for the free food anymore"
Actually, many people may have wrong impressions and different opinions about you.
But do not allow any of them to influence or destroy who you are.
Do not pass judgment on anyone based on his physical appearance or what people say about him.
Copied!
Feel free to share!
There are things about his personal life you do not know.
If you were privileged to know about them, your judgment would surely be different.
A man died in a drinking- spot / dance hall.
Another person died in the Church.
If we are to judge them, we would say that the 1st man died a sinner and the 2nd man died a righteous man.
But the 1st man entered the drinking spot to preach against sin and the 2nd man entered the Church to steal from the church.
For this reason, you and I cannot decide who goes to heaven or who goes to hell.
Fear God in your privacy and fear God in the open.
Human physical appearance might just be a deception, therefore forgive people and ignore their short - comings.
Pray for one another.
Be good to everybody. And don't cut off your relationship with a person just because he does not please you.
Establish unity and harmony with all.
For the LORD Who created all souls, knows what each soul conceals.
May GOD Bless You.

2 Likes

Re: Stay Strong by germaphobe(m): 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2019
I already respect you alot, must you give me more reason to add more respect. You're the boss man, and that peice up there is a life changer.
Re: Stay Strong by Moura7(m): 7:34pm On Sep 30, 2019
WORD
Re: Stay Strong by tunjilee003: 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
there is something from this...
Re: Stay Strong by Devilpen(m): 3:27pm On Oct 16, 2019
A young lady arrived at a meeting wearing clothes that were quite revealing her body parts. Here is what the Boss told her:
He took a good look at her and made her sit. Then he said some truths she will never forget in her whole life.
He looked at her straight in the eyes and said;
"Lady, everything that God made is valuable in this world, is well covered and hard to see, hardly to find and hardly to get...
<·/*\·>
<·/*\·> Where do you find DIAMONDS??...
Deep down in the ground, covered and protected.
<·/*\·>
<·/*\·> Where do you find the Biggest PHILIPPINE PEARLS??...
Deep down at the bottom of the Palawan Ocean, covered up and protected in a beautiful shell.
<·/*\·>
<·/*\·> Where do you find GOLD??...
Way down in the MINE, covered over with layers of rock and to get them, you have to work hard and dig deep down to get them. RIGHT??...
<·/*\·>
He looked at her with serious eyes and said; "Your BODY is SACRED and UNIQUE." You are far more precious than DIAMONDS, PEARLS and GOLD, and your body should be well covered too.
He added "if you keep your TREASURED MINERAL just like diamonds, pearls, and gold deeply covered up, a REPUTABLE mining organization with the requisite machinery will fly down and conduct YEARS of EXTENSIVE EXPLORATION...
First, they will contact your government {FAMILY}, sign professional contracts {WEDDING} and mine you professionally {LEGAL MARRIAGE}.
But if you leave your PRECIOUS MINERALS uncovered on the SURFACE of the EARTH, you always attract a lot of ILLEGAL MINERS to come and mine you illegally.
Everybody will just pick up their CRUDE INSTRUMENT and just have a dig on you just freely like that.
Keep your bodies DEEPLY COVERED so that it INVITE PROFESSIONAL miners to chase you...
Let us ALL ENCOURAGE our SISTERS, DAUGHTERS,WIVES, and FRIENDS to DRESS WELL & DECENTLY...
AM I TALKING SENSE?
SHARE THIS POST TO EDUCATE SOMEONE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Stay Strong by Devilpen(m): 2:26pm On Oct 18, 2019
BEFORE PONTIUS PILATE
And Pontius Pilate stood proudly on the marble dias.
He was decked in his military finery.
He could hear the crowd shouting outside the walls.
They were like dogs.
Blood thirsty.
In the room with him was a man.
Average of height.
Slight of build.
Dark of complexion.
Short and curly of hair.
Handsome of looks.
Calm of demeanour.
Plain of dressing.
Regal of bearing.
The man was staring at him.
Without fear.
Yet without hate.
He oozed love.
As though he was in possession of a certain knowledge that freed him of all mundane concerns and elevated him to the realm of deep understanding and thus made him project an aura that was nurturing even as it was protective.
Pilate cleared his voice and spoke in his deep baritone.
- What is your surname?
- Bar Joseph.
The man was softy spoken yet his sonorous voice was pregnant with authority.
- And your name?
- Yeshua.
- Age?
- Thirty- three.
- Place of birth?
- Bethlehem.
- Place of domicile?
- Nazareth.
- Mothers name?
- Mary
- Siblings?
- Yes.
- What is your occupation?
- I am a Rabbi.
- For how long?
- Three years.
- And what did you do before that?
- I was a carpenter.
- Why did you change occupation?
- I found my purpose.
Pilate stepped off the dias and slowly walked towards the man.
His jeweĺled sandals clicking on the marble floor.
- You found your purpose?
The man nodded.
It was imperceptible.
- To ruffle the feathers of the mighty?
- No, to share the light of Truth.
Pilate stopped in front of him.
He was taller than the man, yet somehow he felt as though he was shorter than him.
There was a presence that emanated from the man, which his wife had spoken about.
An ancient presence.
That made him seem as old as time itself.
It was strange yet comforting.
It made you feel safe.
As though you were with your mother.
In her womb.
Protected.
- What Truth do you share Yeshua Bar Joseph?
The man smiled.
It made his face glow.
And he appeared as though he was the glorious rising sun.
Pilate felt an indescribable urge to fall down on his knees before the man and he had to stylishly stand akimbo to stop himself.
The man was still smiling.
Pilate knew he had to take back control.
- I asked you a question rabbi.
- I speak of the end of the age of the law which condemns and the beginning of the age of grace, which saves. I share the goodnews of salvation through the supremacy of love above all else. Love of your neighbour as you love yourself and love of the Father with all your might. For the Father is in you and in your neighbour, so if you love them then you love your Father and if you hate them, then you hate your Father. I show a pathway to the unfication of the created with the creator that the destiny of man as ordained by the Father is fulfilled.
Pilate could feel the soothing words wrap him in a warm embrace.
He whispered.
- You are the King of the Jews.
- You said so.
Pilate caught himself. He had made a statement. A validation. An attestation. Instead of asking a question and seeking clarification.
He quickly corrected himself.
- Are you the King of the Jews?
The man's gaze had not wavered from Pilates face.
It was a courageous feat which Pilate had noticed and surprisingly it had not roiled him as it would have if any of his underlings had done the same.
The man still smiled as he spoke.
- I am the Son of God.
Pilate even though a Roman knew enough of Judaism to understand the import of the statement.
He could see why Caiaphas, the High Priest, was so intent on shedding the mans blood.
All of a sudden he felt an incredible urge to protect him from the voices still baying for blood outside.
- That is blasphemous.
- Why?
- The God of the Jews has no son.
- Why is that?
- He is God not man, how can he do as a man does?
- If God can create man out of his own freewill without any one telling him to do it, why then can he not choose to create for himself a son?
- I am not a Jew neither am I a rabbi, I just know enough about your books to know that you are playing with fire by saying such things. Can't you hear the people calling for your head?
- That which they do, they do, because it has been ordained by the Father that His son will pay with his life, that the lives of the created be saved eternally.
- Your life belongs to Caeser, you will not lose it unless he allows it.
- My life belongs to God. He gives it and He takes it.
- In Judea, among the Jews and non Romans, Caeser gives and takes life.
- Everything that happens happens because the Father wants it too.
- Including making you his son?
- Yes, and making you his son too.
- I have no business with your God. Why will he make me his son? I worship Mithras. I am a Roman. I serve at the pleasure of my emperor Caeser.
- And is Caeser the King of the Jews?
- Yes he is.
- So is it that the Son of God stands before you, reminding you that as he is the Son of God, so surely are you the son of God too.
- I am not a Jew.
- Is Ceaser a Jew?
Pilate shook his head.
- How then can a non Jew be the King of the Jews?
- By conquest.
- I will also conquer Lucifer, who stole your sonship of the Father in Eden and as my father has crowned me, so will I crown you. For as Caeser gives you the authority to rule over Judea, so is it that my Father has given me the authority to share my sonship with whoever receives my message and accepts the redemption and reunification of my love.
Pilate stared at him for a long moment.
The man held his gaze.
Pilate sighed.
- And if I accept this sonship what does it do for me?
- It causes a rebirth. That when you lay down this flesh you wear, you will live life eternal.
- Mithras promises me the same thing.
- The promise I speak of will be validated by me. Death will not hold me in the grave. 3 days and I will rise again. Alive. In flesh. To be lifted unto my father, where I will wait to receive all who accept the message of grace and love. And just as I share with you my sonship, so will I share with you my resurrection and my life eternal, that in the ripeness of time, the grave will also not hold you in death.
And Pilate fell silent as he stared at the smiling man.
Then Pilate sighed once again and spoke.
- My wife warned me not to have a hand in your death. She believes you are an innocent man.
- And what do you believe?
Pilate took a moment before he smiled for the first time. His military mien dissolved and his humane face came forth.
- I find no fault in you.
- And what will you do with me?
- I will save you from Caiaphas and his blood thirsty mob.
- You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above.
- Then maybe as you said, It is your God who has given me the power to save you.
- My Father is not confused.
Pilate looked at him. Confused.
The man spoke again, slowly, as though patiently explaining his thinking to Pilate.
- My Father will not desire me to die to save the many and at the same time desire you to save me from dying and condemn the many.
- You are an innocent man. Whatever your God wants let Him want, but I cannot have a hand in your death.
- You have killed other innocent men. Their blood is on your hands. But for my death, the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.
- And the blood that is already on my hands?
- I offer you divine forgiveness and redemption but to receive it and allow it work a rebirth in you, you have to allow the will of my Father be fulfilled on earth as it is fulfilled in heaven.
- Heaven?
- Yes. Where my Father resides. I go to prepare a place for you.
- For me?
- Yes. In three days from now, you are going to accept my message of grace and love. You will be saved, redeemed and your sins blotted out. You will drop this uniform and dedicate yourself to the light of Truth. Others will kill my people but you will not join them. When you close your eyes in death your hands will be clean and your heart will be pure.
Pilate was silent for a moment. Then he laughed.
- You are so sure of yourself Rabbi.
- Yes. I know your future even before you live it.
Pilate regarded him again. The man kept smiling.
- What will I do next?
- You will take me in front of Caiaphas and his people. You will tell them I am innocent. They will call for my death. You will bring out Barrabas and I to offer one of us for your traditional pardon. They will choose Barrabas. You will have me flogged and put a crown of thorns on my head as enough punishment to placate them, but they will call for my death. You will wash your hand and say to them that you have no hand in my death. Then you will hand them over to me and they will crucify me. At the sixth hour there will be a great earthquake and storm. The temple shroud will be torn into two and yourself and your wife will be shaken. Then I will die in flesh and descend to Hell to seize the key of life and death from Lucifer. My uncle Joseph of Arimathea will come to you and ask for my body. You will be remorseful. You will give it to him. I will be buried in a tomb and Caiaphas will ask you for soldiers and a big stone rolled over it. Afraid of an insurrection you will give in. And when on the 3rd day you will hear from your soldiers that the stone had been rolled away and I have risen from the dead. You will remember this day and it is then that your wife and you will with great crying and joy accept my message, my resurrection, sonship and the eternal life I give.
Pilate was stupefied as he listened.
The man continued.
- For you to receive what I freely give, you have to fulfil your destiny.
- My destiny?
- Yes. For salvation to happen for mankind there has to be a Caiaphas to hate me, a Judas to betray me, and you to hand me over to be crucified.
- I don't want you to die!
- The will of the Father must be fulfilled.
There was silence.
It drew on.
Pilate felt the fear.
He struggled with his conscience and the illumining words of the man who stood before him.
The man spoke softly as he watched Pilate's downcast face.
- I forgive you and I love you but the hour is here for the death journey of the Son of God to begin. I must be surrendered unto death, even the shameful and painful death of the cross, that for you, your children and all who receive my message, my love and my sacrifice, there will be a way to be one with the Father as it was originally meant to be, before Lucifer got jealous of the special love the Father has for you and upturned creation.
Pilates face was wet with tears.
He held his hands tight behind him to stop them from trembling in grief.
The man hugged him.
And 2 years after the man was crucified and all he said will happen, had happened, Pilate testified in a house fellowship in which he worshipped with James, Peter and several of the man's disciples, siblings and followers that he had never felt such unadultered love and understanding than he felt that day while hugging the man.
And the crowd in the room that day in Jerusalem cried and sang in gratitude for the gift of salvation that was given them by Yeshua Bar Joseph, the carpenter who became a rabbi and spoke to all who would listen about the enabling gift of grace and the redeeming power of love.
Post credit: Jude Idada
Feel free to share!
Re: Stay Strong by Devilpen(m): 8:07pm On Oct 19, 2019
LLGNG.com - Story Story
IT'S PARTY TIME
It was a pool party with naked girls.
And they were there.
Men who have achieved.
Money, power and fame.
Men in their prime who tell time to hold still since they have refused to age and it grudgingly obeys in detente and in temporaneous.
They dress young, they dance young, they act young.
They are current on all fronts.
Most of them married with children but mentally and emotionally single.
At this party they threw in a high brow residence in an exclusive neighbourhood in Ikoyi there was an abundance of food, drinks, drugs and real youth.
The youth came exclusively from the girls that were in attendance.
Girls in their late teens and early twenties.
Well spoken and extensively travelled.
Daughters of the materially blessed.
All of them students.
All of them naked.
Some were in the swimming pool, some at the bar, some danced under the cabana, others were hobnobing with the swimming trunks clad men at various places in the specially lit pool area that stood under the starry night sky.
And I sat with one of them.
She was caramel smooth, finely contoured, delicately featured and doe like.
She was twenty going on twenty one.
And a sophomore at Babcock university.
To every question I asked, she took a drag from the reefer in her hand, blow out the smoke through her mouth and nostrils, took a sip from her glass of Hennessey and coke on ice before she responded.
Her voice was sweet.
And her smile was rapturous.
"I heard students need permission to leave your school. How could you get out this late and stay overnight?"
"We have our ways."
"We?"
"Yeah all of us."
"From Babcock?"
"Not all. Some from Covenant, Redeemers, Madonna, ABUAD, Pan African and stuff."
"No unilag or UI?"
"They ain't boujee."
"Boujee?"
"Yeah. They are crass. Men like you guys don't want to roll with local cats like those right?"
I looked at her silently as she took a drag from her reef.
The aroma assailed it. It was caustic yet not aggravating.
"What's that?"
"Comorado."
"What's that?"
She laughed.
"It's good stuff. Hits you slowly and then makes you soar like superman."
I looked around and saw the girls doing one thing or another in their nudity.
She was staring at me.
"Is this your first party?"
I nodded.
"No wonder you are asking all these hang questions."
"Why do you do this?"
"I'm young. I need to live life before it becomes too serious and I have to be all grown up."
"But why the drugs?"
"Because."
"Because what?"
"Because this is how we roll. Everyone has their poison. If you are not on reef, you do codeine or cocaine or heroin or speed or AZT or ecstasy or royfenol or fentanyl or meth or oxy or worst case you inhale glue and get your high."
I stared at her as she inhaled and exhaled languidly.
"Why the parties?"
"You get your hit for free here. You have fun. You make good money."
"But for you to attend those schools you must be rich."
"My parents are not me."
"But they give you money."
"They pay the tuition and all. Not like they can give me a million in cash."
"Do you get a million here?"
"Well two or three parties can make me that."
"Aren't you afraid of running into your Dad at places like this?"
"Naaaa... my dad is too square and busy but even if he is not then it is his problem after all he came here for what I came here for so he can't tell me nothing."
I fell silent and watched her inhale and exhale smoke.
"But you know, your folks put you in schools like that to protect you?"
"Too protect me?"
"Yes."
"They are too busy to even bother."
"No they are not."
"Yes they are. They think the school will be both my teachers and my parents."
"I think they are just worried about you getting corrupted."
"I was balling like this under their nose and they didn't even notice. Funny thing is that even the innocent Jane get influenced in school, so what was the use of all the headache of keeping us locked up in all these secondary schools that front as universities."
"They did it out of love and with the belief that those schools are way better than the public ones."
"Well they bleeped up."
"bleeped up?"
"Is this an interview or what?"
"No I am just intrigued."
"And I am Hot."
I fell silent.
She dragged, exhaled, took a drink from her glass, sucked on one of the ice cubes in her mouth and asked in a whisper.
"Are you going to do anything about it?"
-----------------------------
The best time to do core parenting is between ages 0-12. You simply cannot afford to be too busy at this stage. Schools, nannies, extra murals cannot replace core parenting at this point. If you are absent in your child's life at this stage, be sure someone else is shaping your child's worldview .
At 12 a child's curiosities are set. And they spend their teenage years exploring those curiosities and fantasies and experimenting with their identities.
If you attempt core parenting in teenage years, you will meet a brick wall and you might end up with a fractious relationship with your teen.
Your best mode as a parent of a teenager is to "befriend" them. At this stage you can't take anything for granted you will have to earn their trust. Seek to influence them not control at this point. They will resist control but will respond wonderfully to influence: yours or the streets.
Every Nigerian parents needs to read this. So share it and continue sharing it. Its very important.
Quote me anywhere.
post credit: Jude Idada
Remember to share!
Re: Stay Strong by Devilpen(m): 7:37am On Feb 13, 2020
One of the most prudent things you should do for yourself in Nigeria today is keeping out of trouble. One of the worst things that can happen to a person is to be sent to jail in Nigeria.
Jail in Nigeria is halfway house to hell. Maryam Sanda will probably never be executed, most Governor's do not sign the death warrant anymore. Orji Kalu Uzor will probably never serve full-time.
But still Nigerian prisons are like Nazi concentration camps. The food is calamitous, healthcare is none existent.
I have seen a prisoner holding his eye ball in his hand, it was still attached to his eye socket by a tendril. Someone used a spoon to scoop out his eye ball in a fight. The nurse was off duty. Nobody cared, he died.
I had a client once who was remanded in prison. He was HIV positive and did not tell me. Maybe that would have been further grounds for bail. He could not take his drugs and he relapsed. Before I could try to get him out it was too late, he died.
The food given to prisoners is not fit for human consumption, even animals should not be made to eat such rubbish. Meanwhile, huge sums of money has been budgeted for feeding prisoners.
Avoid trouble, infact, flee from trouble. Anything that will involve police charging you to court is trouble. If you can kill a matter in the police station, by all means do it. Stop shouting,
"I know my right!"
This is Nigeria. Your right and left can change anytime.
Police will definitely ask for big money, if you have it and you suspect your case is not very solid kill the matter there. Even if you think you have a good case, this is Nigeria.
If your lawyer is shouting,
"we will meet in court!" in Police station tell him to calm down.
It is your case, not his. The use of "we," is merely figurative. He will not stand in the accused box with you.
Remember, it is not what you know that matters in court, it is what you can prove. Besides, this is Nigeria. Ihedioha can testify.
I was attacked once by a pedestrian in Lagos. The car I was inside brushed him slightly. I was not the one driving. I just told him to be more careful.
That is how the guy attacked me. He threw 4 punches, I blocked two and dodged two.
I had the opportunity to counter punch but I did not. I am not Anthony Joshua. A police man eventually stopped him. I quickly removed myself from the scene.
I was happy enough I was not going home with a broken jaw, neither was I being charged for assault. Sometimes it is better to let some things go.
I do not mean that you should turn to everyone's foot mat, but if you are going to take up an issue, ensure you are blameless, or almost blameless.
Avoid wahala. If people are beating up a thief do not join, or even stand and watch, even if it is your property that was stolen.
If someone hits your car don't start fighting because of that.
Do not lend people money. It hardly ends well.
Do not surety people you don't absolutely trust.
Avoid too much night movement, and partying and clubbing.
Avoid people who cannot control their alcohol, they always start brawls.
Realize that a bad situation can always get worse, or better, depending on how you handle it.
Avoid people who talk too much.
Be wary with your speech. Do not talk about people behind their backs.
Always assume that someone is recording your speech and videoing your actions.
Even if someone comes with negative gossip about another person, do not say anything. If you talk, it is what you said that will somehow find its way to the person's ear.
Stop saying things like,
" Do you know who I am?"
"I no dey fear anybody!"
"My yes is my yes and my no is my no!"
Finally, remember to keep your anger and ego in check, the world does not revolve around you, it revolves around the sun

(1) (Reply)

Story Of Ali-joshua: A Capitalist / And So She Died: A New Life Begins For Me / The Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.