Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) (19339 Views)

Suspected Ritual Killer Who Absconded From Oyo, Arrested In Ogun (Photo) / Meet 'Judgement' Leader Of Notorious Robbery Gang Terrorising Oyo, Osun, Lagos / 12 Notorious Kidnappers Terrorising East-West Road Arrested In Rivers (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by GistMore1: 6:43am On Sep 27, 2019
Five notorious self-confessed kidnappers who have been terrorising residents of Ibarapa area of Oyo State have been arrested, the state police said.

Last week, the Chairman, Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP), Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology Igbo-Ora, Mr. Opadijo Olujide, together with his secretary, Gbenga Alayande and three others were kidnapped in the Ibarapa area, but were later released by their captors 24 hours after, on the payment of N5m ransom.

Though, the police could not immediately link the five kidnappers with the abduction of the lecturers, they said investigation was ongoing on the latest arrest to know if they were the same people who masterminded the kidnap of the lecturers.

The criminal elements, according to the state police command, were arrested while arranging for ransom for one of their kidnapped victms, a 17-year-old boy, Shakiru Weti.

They were all paraded yesterday along with N1million cash (the ransom) recovered from them, at the Eleyele Police Headquarters, Ibadan.

The Commissioner of Police in the State, Shina Olukolu who thanked the people of Ibarapa for their understanding and support, said the kidnappers engaged the police officers in a gun duel when they laid siege to rescue the victim.

According to the police boss, the family members were encouraged to agree to pay the amount demanded, while the police detectives laid ambush for the suspected kidnappers.

Narrating how the daredevils were apprehended, the state police chief said “On 17th September, 2019 at about 2200hr, one Alhaji Abdul Saliu ‘m’ the Sariki Fulani of Oyo State resident in Igangan reported at Ayete Divisional Police Headquarters that a Fulani called Weti ‘m’ reported to him that an unknown gunman kidnapped his son one Shakiru Weti ‘m’ aged 17 year to an unknown destination. But, on 22nd September, 2019 at about 1700hrs the abductors called and demanded for one million naira ransom .

“Consequently, in the process one Yuguda Jayum was arrested with the ransom of N1m intact while his accomplice escaped, Yuguda Jayum confessed to be the leader of the group that carried out the kidnapping, at about 0300hrs of the following day, detectives extended investigations to their hideout at Igangan where their victim was found tied and blindfolded and was rescued.

“The victim, Shakiru Weti was rescued unhurt while one Kehinde Adeoye ‘m’ a member of the syndicate who was guarding the victim to prevent his escape was arrested. But, another cohort Taiwo Adeoye ‘m’ who was armed opened fire on the team and escaped. In the course of further investigations, one Bature Dogo ‘m’, Kazeem Sule ‘m’ and Maanu Garuba ‘m’ were also arrested in connection with the kidnapping case. Upon interrogation Kehinde Adeoye ‘m’, Yuguda Jayum ‘m’, Bature Dogo ‘m’, Kazeem Sule ‘m’ and Maanu Garuba ‘m’ all confessed to have masterminded the kidnapping of Shakiru Weti ‘m’ with Taiwo Adeoye ‘m’ and Sanda ‘m’ who are also members of the gang but presently at large.

“One Gionee phone , two Itel phones and One Tecno handsets were recovered from the duo of Kehinde Adeoye ‘m’ and Kazeem Sule who are members of the criminal gang that carried out the kidnapping. Effort is being intensified to arrest other fleeing members of the gang.”

pected kidnappers, Kazeem Sulaiman denied the allegation, saying that he didn’t know anything about the incident.

“I didn’t know anything about this issue, security operative just came to my residence last week Sunday and arrested me, I was thereafter taking to the police station, on getting to the police station, I was told that a boy was kidnapped and those arrested with me has even confessed that I didn’t know anything about the incident.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/suspected-kidnappers-terrorising-oyo-arrested/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by GistMore1: 6:46am On Sep 27, 2019
Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by BiggerbossAmani(m): 7:06am On Sep 27, 2019
No need to waste time...this guy should be kill and use their parts to feed the wild Dogs.

I blame Nigeria Government for allowing this nonsense to ever exist.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by Houseofglam7(f): 7:07am On Sep 27, 2019
undecided
Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by johnnelly90: 7:08am On Sep 27, 2019
Hand don catch una
Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by NaijaTushboy(m): 7:08am On Sep 27, 2019
Why arrest people that are trying to help themselves.I don't see kidnapping as a crime but just a side hustling
Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by holyDaniel: 7:09am On Sep 27, 2019
Na then

Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by royalads: 7:10am On Sep 27, 2019
Until we have a shoot dead once convicted order for these miscreants, we will be having a lot of insecurity issues in this country. We need a very strict punishment to discourage others planning to join these set of people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by SoNature(m): 7:10am On Sep 27, 2019
Crime doesn't pay

1 Like

Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by sameereinstein(m): 7:11am On Sep 27, 2019
I don't trust police in Nigeria. Most of the suspects they parade are innocent victims. They just do this for publicity while the real criminals roams freely. May God save us in this country

6 Likes

Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by AmazingELixir: 7:11am On Sep 27, 2019
grin

Kidnapping the highest paying hussle in Nigeria.

" Kazeem Sulaiman denied the allegation, saying that he didn’t know anything about the incident.

“I didn’t know anything about this issue, security operative just came to my residence last week Sunday and arrested me, I was thereafter taking to the police station, on getting to the police station, I was told that a boy was kidnapped and those arrested with me has even confessed that I didn’t know anything about the incident
.”

When will police carry out proper investigations and stop harassing and parading innocent citizens

2 Likes

Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by Badmod: 7:12am On Sep 27, 2019
Though, the police could not immediately link the five kidnappers with the abduction of the lecturers,...
Just fear Nigerian police...They can frame anything up...
Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by babzo(m): 7:12am On Sep 27, 2019
Combination of ethnic nationalities joining hands to commit crime.
Two areas where Nigerians seem to cooperate: football and crime.
When it comes to opposing the government and demanding justice, they dont cooperate, tribalism sets in.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by chinavs9ja(m): 7:12am On Sep 27, 2019
Okay
Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by YorubaNinja: 7:12am On Sep 27, 2019
angry
Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by Yakade(m): 7:13am On Sep 27, 2019
When will you release them on bail?

2 Likes

Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by ChasePr(m): 7:14am On Sep 27, 2019
Good
Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by hisgrace090: 7:15am On Sep 27, 2019
Yet another criminals, why?
Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by tfash96(m): 7:15am On Sep 27, 2019
Dis Na my yorubaland no be portharcourt...Their Fada!!!!!!!! No come for my head o na joke I dey joke ooo

1 Like

Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by Auxtin85(m): 7:18am On Sep 27, 2019
From the headline I knew they were the ones
Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 27, 2019
NaijaTushboy:
Why arrest people that are trying to help themselves.I don't see kidnapping as a crime but just a side hustling

I agree, let them start with some bullion van
Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by falcon01: 7:21am On Sep 27, 2019
NaijaTushboy:
you just f*cked up

1 Like

Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by AmazingELixir: 7:22am On Sep 27, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Five Suspected Kidnappers Terrorising Oyo Arrested (photo) by Xkalaban(m): 7:42am On Sep 27, 2019
Hediats angry

They are never rich. Always looking unkept, rag-tag and haggard. Dirty things, abeg meh wuna waste them angry

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another 13 Containers Of Tramadol And Bleaching Creams Intercepted By Customs / Ex-DIG, Parry Osayande Says Police New Dress Code Is Illegal / U.S Returnee Arrested For N7m Fraud (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.