Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,584 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri (19587 Views)

Why Village People Kill A Lot Of Africans By Reno Omokri / 10 Things You Should Know About The Garden Of Eden / A Response To The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden's Account Of The Fall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by iwayumeh: 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2019
A The Allegory in The Garden of Eden Account of the Fall of Man

When Christ said “except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you” (John 6:53), He did not mean His literal body. Most people will accept this as true. The Son of God was obviously not advocating Papua New Guinea style cannibalism.

He was of course speaking of His figurative body and blood, which we partake in when we observe Holy Communion, a practice that began 2000 years before Christ came to Earth, as demonstrated by Abraham and Melchizedek in Genesis 14:18.

So, why do we take other Scriptural accounts that were meant to be taken figuratively, literally?

There are accounts in Scripture that were written in Hebrew and Aramaic and both of these languages tend to use polite words for things, places and situations that may be indiscreet to mention in decent company.

For instance, the word that would literally be translated as carnal copulation or coitus between a man and a woman is referred to as knowledge or know in the Old Testament of Scripture.

So, when Genesis 4:1 says

“Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.”

The word knew in question is the Hebrew word ya-da‘ and it is a polite way of saying that Adam had coitus with Eve. That word is used in various tenses and adjectives of the word know, including knew, knowledge, knowing and to know. Bear this in mind, as I will connect the dots later. But first, let me share a first hand account of a girl who once lived and may still live in the ancient city of Benin. It is a true story.

Have you ever known or grown up with or watched an innocent, chaste young girl grow up? If you had, you will know that young girls can be quite impressionable and easily swayed.

For instance, I know of a young girl in Benin, an ancient city in Nigeria, in the early 90s who was like that. So innocent. So bashful. So chaste and pure. Until one day, this girl changed. What happened to her? A certain big man in the neighbourhood had taken advantage of her.

No. It was not rape. This big man (now an ex Senator) was popular in the neighbourhood for his wealth and his philandering ways. Apparently, he had his eyes set on this innocent girl and one day, he ‘innocently’ gave her a lift, propositioned her, and in her naivety, she got carried away, and this man had carnal knowledge of her and they became habitual lovers.

It was clear to the whole neighbourhood that this girl had changed. Her eyes became open. She lost her innocence. Her natural hair was no longer good enough for her. She got a perm. And her terracotta skin would no longer do. It was a case of Tura to the rescue. The more she invested in Tura cream, the shinier and lighter she became.

Her dressing also changed. She became a Lolita. She would no longer talk to us, small boys and girls, in the neighbourhood. Her level had changed. She was now above us. She became a sisi. I do not know if this word is still in use in today’s Nigeria, but those Nigerians known as Bendelites, would catch my drift.

And then her sugar daddy tired of her, or maybe not. Maybe he just found a new impressionable young girl fresh out of secondary school and moved on. I do not know which. You never quite know with these things. But in any case, she became another in the long list of neighbourhood girls he had used and dumped.

The above is a true story. I know the name of the girl, the name of the ex Senator and the neighbourhood were this occurred in Benin, Nigeria.

But why is it relevant? It is relevant because it is an example of how an innocent girl can lose her innocence and literally have her eyes opened by having a sexual encounter.

I have read the Scriptures from cover to cover and in multiple translations as well as in English, Greek (New Testament), Aramaic and Hebrew. I have also visited Israel, Greece, Rome, Ethiopia, Turkey and many other places in search of deeper insight into Scripture.

How well do you know the Scriptures? I have a secondary school friend named Kehinde, who is now sort of a pastor and he wrote on Facebook that he has jettisoned all other translations of The Holy Bible and he just holds to his King James Version jeje (a Yoruba word meaning gently), and I laughed. If only he knew!

If you have only read one translation of Scripture, I urge you to read another one. And then another. A lot is lost in translation. For example, if I converted $100 into pounds today, I may get £80.30. But if I tried to buy back $100 with that £80.30, I would not be able to. Why? Because value is always lost in the conversion process.

It is the same with Scripture. Scripture was not written in English. It was written in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. And when Scripture is translated, a lot of value is lost. That is why you should read multiple translations. But the best is to teach yourself the original languages or learn them professionally, then read original manuscripts in their mother language.

Why? Because Scripture was inspired by God, but translations were, in many cases, inspired by men. Men, like King James, who had his own agenda.

You have probably read Matthew 11:12 in the King James Version, which says: “And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.”

The truth is that what the original Greek says and what the KJV above says, are almost as different as night and day. You read the above and feel like taking the kingdom “by force”. But that is because it was translated at the behest of a king who had a conqueror’s mentality.

Let us read that verse in the New International Version and see if you will even recognise it:

“From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it.” Now, let us read it in the Contemporary English Version: “From the time of John the Baptist until now, violent people have been trying to take over the kingdom of heaven by force.”

Or consider Isaiah 45:11 in the King James Version, which says:

“Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.”

Now, it appears to indicate that God wants us to command Him about the works of His hand. But, you must understand that that is what a King wants to hear, and since he paid for the translation, that is what his translators gave him.

But read it in the New International Version.

“This is what the LORD says– the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker: Concerning things to come, do you question me about my children, or give me orders about the work of my hands?”

Let us also read the Contemporary English Version:

“I am the LORD, the Creator, the holy God of Israel. Do you DARE question me about my own nation or about what I have done?” You can see from the NIV and CEV, that God is warning us not to dare presume to command Him. He is God and we are man. He is the Creator and we are His creatures.

Do you now see what translations can do? He who pays the translator dictates the translation.

Take something like leprosy. When you read the word leprosy in the King James Version, it is rarely referring to what you know as leprosy. The Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek words translated as leprosy, often refer to a variety of skin diseases, but the translators could not find an exact meaning for them, so a choice was made to call any skin disease leprosy.

You have probably read or heard of Naaman, the head of the Syrian Army in 2 Kings chapter 5. He is referred to as a leper in the KJV and many other English translations. But almost all scholars, and even the translators of the KJV, put a cautionary note indicating that the word leprosy, as used for Naaman, is a generic word for skin disease. It is more likely that Naaman had another type of skin infection.

How do we know? Because, in those days, actual lepers were isolated and ostracised and it is unlikely that a leper would rise to the trusted position as head of the king’s army and stand in the presence of the king. Leprosy was often infectious, and in those days, they had little knowledge of which leprosy was infectious and which was not.

If you read Scripture, you would see that it is a truthful and holy work and is the inspired word of God. However, the word of God in Proverbs 2:4 says that you cannot truly understand God’s wisdom except you “seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures.”

Turn to Songs of Solomon 2:3 and you will read the following:

“As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.” (KJV)

Songs of Solomon is a book believed to be written by King Solomon (its authorship is not certain) about the carnal intercourse of two young lovers. The theme is about the erotic intimacy of the lovers.

But note how King Solomon (?) uses polite words to describe the male lover. He is described as ‘the apple tree’, while other men are described as ‘trees of the woods’. Next, notice how he describes the coitus between them. The young female lover says ‘his fruit was sweet to my taste’.

So a tree means a man, and coitus is described as fruit that is sweet.

In Rabbinical Judaism, Songs of Solomon 2:3 is said to represent “the male sign of the covenant organ of procreation.”

Remember those dots I promised to connect? Now may be a good time to connect them, but I don’t want to connect them for you. Perhaps you can connect them yourself.

I would not want to dwell too much on this issue other than to say that my readers should read the whole of Songs of Solomon chapter 2. When you have done so, consider reading Genesis chapters 2 and 3. And after you have done so, sit back and think. Perhaps the Spirit would minister to you.

In fact, William Shakespeare borrowed (or stole?) lines from Songs of Solomon in several of his works including Romeo and Juliet. Some think, and I agree with them, that he did this because in Elizabethan England, coitus was considered too unseemly for decent conversation and so it had to be referred to in allegorical terms, which the Songs of Solomon does in a way that no other work of human origin does.

Why am I writing this? I am writing this to remind, or perhaps to inform my readers for the very first time (if they did not already know this), that Scripture is an esoteric book that should not be read, but studied.

The word of God says: “STUDY to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”-2 Timothy 2:15.

Study. What a simple word. But a deep word, nevertheless. It is a word that runs very deep. It means that you read, in an unhurried pace. Then you ponder over what you have read. Medicate and meditate on it. Chew it over, until it permeates your soulish man and crosses over to your spirit man, where true understanding is.

For as Job 32:8 says: “there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.”

In this part of the world, we are very lazy to study and as this is the case, we easily fall prey to people who depend on REVELATION rather than ELUCIDATION by studying Scripture. But in reality, IT IS WRITTEN is a far more accurate way to stave off spiritual error, than THE SPIRIT TOLD ME.

May God bless you and open your eyes to understand His word and may He feel you with the urge to “Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life:”-John 5:39.

Reno Omokri

Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Table Shaker. Buhari Tormentor. Sharer of the Gospel, not the gossip.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/09/29/a-the-allegory-in-the-garden-of-eden-account-of-the-fall-of-man/

31 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by Ngwamankillyou(m): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2019
Keep running by the time buhari catch you......

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by sammyj: 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by PapaAdanna: 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by ossaisly(m): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by Offpoint: 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2019
It surprised me how people believed Eve ate a 'Fruit' and gave it to Adam and their eyes was opened.

God commanded Adam and Eve to populate the earth, they were in their youthful age and still growing up.

God has not let them know Vagina and penís is the tools they'll used... and they have no idea, hence they were not ashamed of their unclothedness.

They were warned not to 'ate' play with their genitals or have sex... they may see animals do their stuff but they shouldn't.

God knows the appropriate time, Eve is not Mature psychologically to understand what pregnant will look like.

The center fruit is nothing but genitals, devil still being pissed cuz he was thrown down vow to corrupt God creation. So he took human-like body "A serpent" serpent was the only creation with the closest human resemblance. ( remember it was cursed to today's snake and worse, looking like the very tool devil used was part of his cursed that's why snake got a dìck like look)

Eve was out naked and devil knowing much about sex starts filling Eve head with all kinds of sex sweets talks, since women fall for words and was amazed at the size of devil pènis"It was good for food and she desired it" eve gave him and had sex with the devil. Devil being a bad guy gave Eve different kinda style whom she was blown away with excitement took all she learned and straight to Adam... Adam couldn't withstand crazy stuffs she was doing to him, he gave in and had sex with eve... meaning Satan does round one and Adam does round 2.....

That's were eve got pregnant with twins, one sperm from the devil and one sperm from Adam.... (It's medically proven a woman can carry twins from different father if the time of sex is within same period)

I wish I can type further...

Pastors have no idea why God rejected Cane sacrifice, Cane is the devil seed.
The only way evil penetrate human race is through Cane, Devils has deposited everything he needed to destroy God creation in Cane DNA.

Ignore all errors, I hate proofreading...

There's a lot to type, let me stop here.

It's pitiful most Christians only read the Bible, the Bible has gone through a lot. So many things has been edited out...

There is a part of the bible that said we shouldn't add or remove from the word...
I asked my pastor in Bible studies why some books of the Bible were removed... the answers was "You don't need it"

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by sylve11: 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2019
@ op, To see a World in a grain of sand and a heaven in a Wild flower, Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour........ sad cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by ednut1(m): 3:55pm On Sep 29, 2019
The most confused religion

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by Upton: 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
Sisi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by Enemyofpeace: 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
This thing too long now haba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by earthgirl(f): 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
wetin happen?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by OkCornel(m): 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
Interesting read. A lengthy illustration of the Chinese whisper test.

The truth gets diluted in translations, hearsays and secondary accounts.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by Upton: 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
I read from beginning to end. I nor still understand.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by Royalfurnitures: 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2019
Well, for me as long as the Bible did not expatriate on the meaning of forbidden fruit, it'd amount to mere guess work to say it's sex or anything other thing

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices

7 Likes

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by webngnews: 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2019
Oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by cyborg123(m): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2019
The point on reading multiple versions of the bible will only be valid if all versions are translated from the original script which I doubt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by Flexherbal(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2019
Those of us who studied other foreign languages, know that translation has it flaws.

But, that does not mean that I am saying he is correct.
We are still researching...

1 Like

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by midnighter(f): 4:04pm On Sep 29, 2019
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by MuttleyLaff: 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2019
iwayumeh:
A The Allegory in The Garden of Eden Account of the Fall of Man

When Christ said “except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you” (John 6:53), He did not mean His literal body. Most people will accept this as true. The Son of God was obviously not advocating Papua New Guinea style cannibalism.

He was of course speaking of His figurative body and blood, which we partake in when we observe Holy Communion, a practice that began 2000 years before Christ came to Earth, as demonstrated by Abraham and Melchizedek in Genesis 14:18.

So, why do we take other Scriptural accounts that were meant to be taken figuratively, literally?

There are accounts in Scripture that were written in Hebrew and Aramaic and both of these languages tend to use polite words for things, places and situations that may be indiscreet to mention in decent company.

For instance, the word that would literally be translated as carnal copulation or coitus between a man and a woman is referred to as knowledge or know in the Old Testament of Scripture.

So, when Genesis 4:1 says
Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.

The word knew in question is the Hebrew word ya-da‘ and it is a polite way of saying that Adam had coitus with Eve. That word is used in various tenses and adjectives of the word know, including knew, knowledge, knowing and to know. Bear this in mind, as I will connect the dots later.

I have read the Scriptures from cover to cover and in multiple translations as well as in English, Greek (New Testament), Aramaic and Hebrew. I have also visited Israel, Greece, Rome, Ethiopia, Turkey and many other places in search of deeper insight into Scripture.

How well do you know the Scriptures? I have a secondary school friend named Kehinde, who is now sort of a pastor and he wrote on Facebook that he has jettisoned all other translations of The Holy Bible and he just holds to his King James Version jeje (a Yoruba word meaning gently), and I laughed. If only he knew!

If you have only read one translation of Scripture, I urge you to read another one. And then another. A lot is lost in translation. For example, if I converted $100 into pounds today, I may get £80.30. But if I tried to buy back $100 with that £80.30, I would not be able to. Why? Because value is always lost in the conversion process.

It is the same with Scripture. Scripture was not written in English. It was written in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. And when Scripture is translated, a lot of value is lost. That is why you should read multiple translations. But the best is to teach yourself the original languages or learn them professionally, then read original manuscripts in their mother language.

Why? Because Scripture was inspired by God, but translations were, in many cases, inspired by men. Men, like King James, who had his own agenda.

Do you now see what translations can do? He who pays the translator dictates the translation.

Remember those dots I promised to connect? Now may be a good time to connect them, but I don’t want to connect them for you. Perhaps you can connect them yourself.

Why am I writing this? I am writing this to remind, or perhaps to inform my readers for the very first time (if they did not already know this), that Scripture is an esoteric book that should not be read, but studied

MuttleyLaff:
I am an ever advocate of questioning because enquiring minds want to know. No believer worth his/her salt will harbour fear about the scripture not being infallibility. Permit me to let you on to what makes the scripture capable of making mistakes or being wrong. Greed, filthy lucre, political and differing theology, heresies, idolatry, schisms, deliberate theological errors etcetera are catalysts for making Bible translations that have mistakes, that are wrong, that are lies, that have original word contents changed from their real and genuine meanings etcetera.

Bible translations made where cast iron facts, are viewed as irrelevant or less important than indoctrinations, deliberate and calculated lies, personal beliefs and opinions makes people cast aspersions on scripture
iwayumeh and/or Reno Omokri havent got the chutzpah, to go the whole hog on this translation and deliberate mistranslation business

If all you do is follow the herd, then you've been brought up, and being stepping on centuries old, shipload of mistranslation bad bullshit or crap.
Most of my comments, like kkins25, can attest, either attracts a strong mind or put off an ignorant and weak one, like how budaatum will put them down as "blah, yada, blah, yada, blah, yada" The strong minds will head upstream along with me, against the flow, whilst the ignorant andweak ones, will go with the regular and usual flow. Now recognising the truth, at a diffrent height or perspective, from a different regular load of bad bullshit or crap you're used to, always is going to be a challenge.

When uninformed people read their English version bible(s), I mean read it, especially without knowing certain or specific things beforehand, like about truth(s) have been exchanged in for lies, they then for some reason, think that, what they read is how the Bible has always being and originally have said it. They read verses that the church is and has been using to condemn others when the Bible really hasnt condemned, didnt condemn and doesn't condemn at all, with or in any of the clobber verses chosen to be waved in the air and wielded in your face.

iwayumeh and/or Reno Omokri arent really ready to shake the table, they are teasers, tantalising, that's all. Hear what Reno Omokri says, after urging the readership to bear some info in mind, and the earlier promise, that he will connect the dots later.
"Remember those dots I promised to connect? Now may be a good time to connect them, but I don’t want to connect them for you. Perhaps you can connect them yourself."

If these my comments were made on Reno Omokri's twitter page, I am sure, Reno Omokri, would have hastily and unceremoniously blocked me, by now, from future viewing of his tweets

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by Calibate101(f): 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2019
Too long . Will read it later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by Mujtahida: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2019
"The Bible is inspired by God but translations are man made"

You are smart enough to see that translations are man made but foolish not to see that the Bible and all other religious books are works of human fiction.

The only Bible written by God that I know of is nature.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by Imstrong2(m): 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2019
Insightful

1 Like

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by donjazet(m): 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2019
The Bible was written at a time written language was still developing and has been altered severally over centuries.

The first written bible as we know it was delibrated and voted upon at the council of Nicea under Emperor Constantine who United the Roman Empire under one religion called Christianity.
Not under "divine inspiration" as widely believed.

With the continuous advancement of science and knowledge, religion would take a back seat. People would become less superstitious and fearful of the unknown and rather curious and eager to learn about the unknown.

1 Like

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by Imstrong2(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2019
Sound knowledge he is not just a pdp ranting machine
Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by hopefulLandlord: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2019
A Nigerian who bibles was used to colonise his forefathers is here explaining it to his people

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
U want Noel 2 read all that?

U ARE JOKING.......

2 Likes

Re: The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri by tron23(m): 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2019
I still do not get it. ...please can any one explain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Are These Jehovah's Witnesses? Misconceptions, Likes & Dislikes About Them! / Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.