Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,314 members, 7,811,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years (66090 Views)

Jean-Pierre Adams Dies After Being In Coma For 39 Years / Jean-Pierre Adams Has Been In Coma For 39 Years (Photos) / Kylian Mbappe Named Most Valuable Footballer In The World At £190m (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by phenzy(m): 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2019
Jean Adams, a French footballer, has been in coma for 37years- due to a mistake his doctor made while putting him to sleep for a surgery to repair a torn ligament.

His wife Bernadette, who he married in 1969 still stays by his bed till today.

A story of love, pain and of tears. I ran into the story this morning- and it really just broke my heart.

The wife tends for him, look after him, feed him and with the help of nurses and physiotherapists who come everyday- she’s able to bathe him and provide 24hours a day care.

The interesting but sad part to this story is the said doctor and his colleague only went to jail for a month and was fined about 815 dollars.
That’s all.

For an error that has cost a man his entire life, cost his family a father and a husband and cost the world a great athlete.
We will never know of true love- if things always work out and nothing tests our resolve.

Love is an action word.
Love is not just roses and vacations.
Love is basically giving up yourself and your life, if need be, for someone else.

That woman is a gem �
And will always be.

Source: https://twitter.com/DrOlufunmilayo/status/1178237251337236480?s=19

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Pierre_Adams

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by chrysophem(m): 5:16pm On Sep 29, 2019
madt oh 37 years

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 5:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
Dear lord, when it seems like I've become a burden to those around me, please bless me with a woman like his. IJN Masallah

253 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 5:24pm On Sep 29, 2019
chrysophem:
madt oh
37 years

No b beans

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:31pm On Sep 29, 2019
What a very sad news. God please let your blessings and favour continue flowing non stop on that angel of a woman.

186 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by MJBOLT: 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2019
the same blessings and favour should help this man after 37 years.

#UselessPrayers

[s]
JONNYSPUTE:
What a very sad news. God please let your blessings and favour continue flowing non stop on that angel of a woman.
[/s]

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Fidelismaria: 5:40pm On Sep 29, 2019
End his misery and suffering

No need keeping him alive that long

Just cut off his oxygen supply and let the dude rest in peace

167 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:42pm On Sep 29, 2019
MJBOLT:
the same blessings and favour should help this man after 37 years.

#UselessPrayers

[s][/s]
.. Why the prayer dey vex you like this? Is he or the woman related to you?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by pharrell8(m): 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2019
Speechless... he shall be healed oh..

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by sinaj(f): 5:47pm On Sep 29, 2019
Just wondering if he will get old or remain young since he is uconscious

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by MJBOLT: 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2019
is this the best you can come up with after exposing how useless your god is undecided

[s]
JONNYSPUTE:
.. Why the prayer dey vex you like this? Is he or the woman related to you?
[/s]

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2019
Fidelismaria:
End his misery and suffering

No need keeping him alive that long

Just cut off his oxygen supply and let the dude rest in peace

Not easy to let the people you love go especially when there is that slim chance of you feeling their breath just one last time...

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2019
Close to tears when I first read this fella's story,this kinda story really makes you question the existence of "God" or think he is a myth,just do something SUPERNATURAL like in this case and people(unconditional loving wife) really believe you EXIST....

The wife is really a GEM,sad love story....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Richdad50(m): 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2019
Lol
Deola2020:
Close to tears when I first read this fella's story,this kinda story really makes you question the existence of "God" or think he is a myth,just do something SUPERNATURAL like in this case and people(unconditional loving wife) really believe you EXIST....

2 Likes

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by skywalker240(m): 6:08pm On Sep 29, 2019
Hope she aint collecting dickz all those years sha,
na question oo

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by CAPSLOCKED: 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
Deola2020:

The wife is really a GEM,sad love story....

WE'RE ALONE IN THIS MISERABLE WORLD. "GET USED TO LIFE AND LIVE IT" HAS BEEN THE FATE OF MANKIND SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by seunlayi(m): 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2019
This is serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Cashmanbreeze: 8:11pm On Sep 29, 2019
Time to move on...
30 years too late.

Please no one is allowed to put their on hold for 37 years for me.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Kendumazy(m): 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2019
Mheen
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by keryj(f): 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2019
The story of a football indeed.

Well that woman is rare

Good thing nigga had an offspring

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Emilokoiyawon: 9:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
cry cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Kastrom: 9:28pm On Sep 29, 2019
keryj:
The story of a football indeed.

Well that woman is rare

Good thing nigga had an offspring

Are you dumb enough to know that it was a mistake? Miss dictionary

1 Like

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by keryj(f): 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2019
Kastrom:

Are you dumb enough to know that was a mistake? Miss dictionary

Is this grammar also a mistake

If am dumb enough (as u claim), how then will I know its a mistake cheesy

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Offpoint: 9:47pm On Sep 29, 2019
dem no let me die, dem no let me live... what manner of heartlessness and selfishness is that?

Only a wicked and selfish wife will watch me in coma for that long without telling the doctors to put an end to it.

37 freaking years and you call that love.... what's the life in that?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Kastrom: 9:50pm On Sep 29, 2019
keryj:

Is this grammar also a mistake

If am dumb enough (as u claim), how then will I know its a mistake cheesy

Ask Google
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Biglittlelois(f): 9:54pm On Sep 29, 2019
Whaaaaat shocked

1 Like

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Biglittlelois(f): 9:56pm On Sep 29, 2019
MJBOLT:
is this the best you can come up with after exposing how useless your god is undecided

[s][/s]

angry angry angry
Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by MJBOLT: 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
wetin do you?undecided
Biglittlelois:

angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by tunize(m): 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2019
sinaj:
Just wondering if he will get old or remain young since he is uconscious
Wondering too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by Biglittlelois(f): 9:58pm On Sep 29, 2019
MJBOLT:
wetin do you?undecided

Like Paul the apostle, you will soon see the light.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jean-Pierre Adams: Footballer In Coma For 37 Years by MJBOLT: 10:01pm On Sep 29, 2019
in your dreams
Biglittlelois:

Like Paul the apostle, you will soon see the light.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Croatian Politicians Wear Their Country's Football Shirts To Work / Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative From NFF / Cameroon Accuse FIFA Of Racism Over VAR - Players Cry At Half-time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.