Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE (11266 Views)

Which Postal Service Delivers Parcel To Home Address In Lagos? / Which postal service delivers parcel to Home Address In Lagos? / What Is The Postal Code For Onitsha In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by eghost247(m): 7:51am On Nov 03, 2010
Its Almost Close to Christmas and new year celebrations Most Nigerians in the Diaspora
would want to send things to their loved ones  @ home
how many of you can Can Stand in Support of Nigerian Postal Service
have u used their service before
how reliable is it now Compared to old times
did the items deliver on time and in the same way u sent it
Share Your Experiences
About NiPost and also their Services Within Nigeria
Would You Rather Use Private Courier Services or Nipost
Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by iice(f): 9:17am On Nov 03, 2010
Hmmm
Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by justwise(m): 9:57am On Nov 03, 2010
eghost247:

Its Almost Close to Christmas and new year celebrations Most Nigerians in the Diaspora
would want to send things to their loved ones @ home
how many of you can Can Stand in Support of Nigerian Postal Service
have u used their service before
how reliable is it now Compared to old times
did the items deliver on time and in the same way u sent it
Share Your ExperiencesAbout NiPost and also their Services Within Nigeria
Would You Rather Use Private Courier Services or Nipost
The last time i used NiPost was 3yrs ago, i sent my aunt a mag and she never got it. I'm not in a hurry to use them again.

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by Maverick05: 9:59am On Nov 03, 2010
I think the service is fair enough, They delivered my sisters application in 2weeks to canada, So, interms of being credible, I may give them a 5/10,
Though we know nigeria has a problem with continuity, justwise, please search for a post i left about tourist pass, I need ur candid direction/opinion thnx

regards
Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by aroy1: 12:46pm On Nov 03, 2010
Nipost is fine if you use a PO Box when receiving your documents. If you are sending abroad and use their "registered" service, your documents will surely get there. They can't really be blamed if your document gets lost due to the usage of house address. Our town planning system should be blamed for that.
Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by Maverick05: 2:16pm On Nov 03, 2010
Nicely said @aroy1,
I even get confused on my street, former 19, now 91, Hello, shocked shocked shocked
Structure is what we lack,
Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by justwise(m): 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2010
aroy1:

Nipost is fine if you use a PO Box when receiving your documents. If you are sending abroad and use their "registered" service, your documents will surely get there. They can't really be blamed if your document gets lost due to the usage of house address. Our town planning system should be blamed for that.

The prob is sending things home, recieving from Nigeria is not much of a prob.

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by eghost247(m): 2:28pm On Nov 03, 2010
Exactly Just wise
it would be very good if the Nigerian postal service
was working 100percent
take a look at Poste Italiane for example
You can even send something to your own address your living and you u will surely get it within  reasonable amount of time
and yes town planning and street numbers is a  mess
and knowing the number of Nigerians around the world
postal service would be making a lot of money this issue really needs to be addressed by the government
alot of people want to send stuff to Nigeria
but find it hard
knowing that they would pay  huge amounts to send it by these private courier service
Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by moonraker(m): 5:43am On Nov 04, 2010
I Use EMS to send stuff to nigeria, they have an office in shomolu

where you have to pick up your items intact. problem is that you

got to pay custom tax i think, sent two iphones home and my mum

had to pay 20k to get it,
Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2010
Although this was without anyone's knowledge, a confidential document was sent from the UK to the the house in Lagos.
It was delivered by a Nipost mail man.

This is the most important bit, it wasn't tampered with in any form. Although, it arrived about 3 weeks after it was originally sent.
Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by Vicjustice: 4:50pm On Nov 04, 2010
I don't know if i am the unlucky one or if such is a regular occurrence with UPS courier service, but this is the second time i am dealing with UPS, and each time, i experienced total disappointment and let down with their courier services.
No need to narrate the previous disappointing encounter, i'd rather start with this recent one which began on Tuesday (the 20th of oct 09). UPS received a package that was intended for me (in Ireland) from Nigeria, the package was supposed to be delivered on Friday (the 23rd), but there was no sign of UPS, i waited patiently until i decided to track the package and subsequently gave them a call on Tuesday the 27th of Oct. To my displeasure, the customer service lady was neither apologetic nor polite, she adhere to her unreasonable opinion that "packages from Nigeria could take longer than 3 days for custom or security reasons", and that mine is/was experiencing "custom check". Her explanation was not satisfactory so i demanded to speak with her superior, but she would not put me through with anyone insisting that she had already told me what i needed to know.
The package contains hard documents which was supposed to be used on Thursday, the 29th, so i was desperate to get it. An hour later, i rang them again and another lady answered: she eventually advised that the package had experienced "exception" by the German custom, suggesting me to contact Germany and know the reason. I did just that, but the German custom had nothing to do with the package, they rather advised me to contact Dublin custom. I obeyed every suggestion until i contacted the UPS in Nigeria.
There was not much of a help from the Nigerian side, and i contacted Dublin office over and over and over again, and each time, i was on with a different agent who would ask same questions all over again. The annoying thing is, they just could not give any meaningful explanation of what went wrong, neither were they giving the sense of concern that something entrusted to them is unaccounted for, rather, they were asking me to do the enquiries about my own package.
Despite asking for my phone number and email address which i repeatedly give them, i received no contact from them all these whiles. A couple of days later, i rang them again, and a lady prompted me that the package has been found, and would be delivered to me the next day which happened to be Thursday (which was the deadline date), i thought the worst was over and expressed my displeasure that they did not bother to inform me of the development: little did i know that the worst is yet to come.
On the given Thursday, i waited all day, but there was no sign of UPS, and next day, i rang them again. The frustrating thing is that each time i contacted them, a different person answered and they don't keep record of the conversations that took place earlier, or what information i was given regarding my package, so i would have to repeat the whole thing all over again and new suggestions will begin from there.
The last person i spoke with was a polite man (with apparent Indian accent), he took my email address and my telephone number and promised to personally investigate the matter and contact me; but until now, after 13 days, they still haven't contacted me. I badly need the document to enable me know when to book a new appointment. I'm highly disappointed at UPS courier and their customer services.

Has anyone had any similar experience?
Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by Arlington(f): 1:48pm On Nov 05, 2010
I have sent things from the united states, to Nigeria and nothing has been missing and the last time was in May.An engagement ring, laptop and a watch.
Before now I have also sent about a total of 9 laptops and everything was intact.
I use the 6 to 10 days delivery but I send my family to go There to the main post office in Lagos island by The 6th day because most times they do arrive by the 6th day.
They just charge you a high custom duty, but it depends on what you have inside the box and what it is worth.
I list every item and price so in case God forbid it gets lost I can get back my exact money through the insurance I pay for when sending my packages.

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by saintbajar(m): 2:36pm On Nov 06, 2010
They made me lost my Finland admission cause the school wrote me via post not email and i got it so fast as i thought. 2months and 1 week later after post. and when i wrote the school na shara i get. not good for me and i cant try them again.

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by eghost247(m): 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2011
saintbajar:

They made me lost my Finland admission cause the school wrote me via post not email and i got it so fast as i thought. 2months and 1 week later after post. and when i wrote the school na shara i get. not good for me and i cant try them again.
sorry about that
Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by llbhuds: 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2011
the last time i sent something home, it got there in 12 days but it was to a pmb sha and it wasnt even registered self
Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by OmoTier1(m): 9:53am On Dec 05, 2011
I think NIPOST has improved slightly with my most recent experience. A very sensitive company document mistakenly got sent from the UK through NIPOST (instead of DHL) to my house address in Nigeria, and surprisingly, when it arrived, NIPOST figured out that it was classified sensitive and they kept it in a special safe in house.

When I went to complain to them that a document of a sensitive nature was forwarded to me through NIPOST, they asked me to give them my details and that once the document clearance/verification is signed off, they would ring me up for collection. I had my doubts but then I had little option anyway.lo and behold, a week later, they phoned me up, asking me to come down for collection! I was really amazed.

What I must say is that the Federal Government must wake up to her responsibility and full upgrade NIPOST facilities nationwide! When I entered their sorting room, offices, and store room, I felt so sorry for the workers in there! Shocking is the word!
Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by Sunnycent(m): 2:34pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hi. I want to apply for the mastercard foundation scholarship at Michigan state university, USA and i need to mail my academic transcripts directly to the admissions office before january 15. My transcripts are not even up to 0.5 kg. How much will i pay in nigerian currency supposing i postmark/register it on the 7th or 8th of january?
Re: NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Info For Foreign Trained Nigerian Students. / Is This Move Worth It? / Does WES (US) Accept Degree Certificate Via Fax?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.