Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA (805 Views)

President Uhuru Pauses His Speech During The Call To Prayer (adhaan) / 2 Million Pilgrims Stone The Devil, Yet He Is Still Alive - PM News / Nouman Ali Khan, Popular Islamic Scholar, Accused Of Extramarital Affairs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2019
Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan gave an impassioned speech at the United Nations General Assembly Session.

PM Khan touched on four major themes: Climate change, Money laundering, Islamophobia, and Kashmir.
My third point is Islamophobia; there are 1.3 billion Muslims in the world. Muslims living across all continents. Islamophobia has grown since 9/11 and it is alarming. It is creating divisions.

Muslim women wearing Hijab has become a problem. It is seen as a weapon. A woman can take off her clothes in some countries but she can not put more on? And why has this happened? Because certain western leaders equated Islam with terrorism.

What is radical Islam? There is only ONE Islam and that is the Islam of Prophet (PBUH).

Why is there Islamophobia? How will an average American differentiate between a moderate Muslim and a radical Muslim? This has nothing to do with our religion.

We have faced Islamophobia while travelling abroad; and in European countries it is marginalising Muslim communities. And marginalisation creates room for and leads to radicalisation.

My point here is that we must address this. Post 9/11, war against “radical Islam” started, rather than Muslim leaders trying to explain to the West that there is no such thing as radical Islam.

There are radical fringes in every society, but the basis of ALL religion is compassion and justice.

Unfortunately the Muslim leaders were unable explain. We failed as the Muslim world to explain that there is no such thing as radical Islam. In Pakistan; we were the eye of the storm & our govt coined a term “enlightened moderation.”

About Suicide attacks; because the 9/11 bombers did suicide attacks, all sorts of theories came out like those about virgins in heaven. This bizzare thing happened where suicide attacks were equated with Islam.

No one bothered researching the Tamil Tigers and the Japanese Kamikaze bombers. No one blamed religion when they carried out suicide attacks and rightly so because no religion teaches violence.

Most important thing I want to say, to explain this Islamophobia, I’ve played cricket in the West & I know how the western mind works. One of the reasons for Islamophobia; in 1989 this book was published maligning, ridiculing our Prophet (PBUH).

The west could not understand what was the problem. They don’t look at religion the way that we do. And so; in their eyes Islam was an intolerant religion. It became a watershed.

And every 2-3 years someone would malign our Prophet (PBUH), Muslims would react, and the west would term them intolerant.

I blame some people in the West who provoked Muslims. But this is where majority of the Muslim leaders let the Muslim community down. Our Prophet (PBUH) was the witness to our Divine book, the Holy Quran.

The Prophet (PBUH) is the ideal we want to live up to. He created the state of Medina which was a welfare state.

I hear such strange things about Islam that it is against women and minorities. The state of Medina was the first that took responsibility of women; the widows, the poor. State announced all humans were equal; whatever the colour of their skin.

The Prophet (PBUH) announced that one of the greatest deeds is to free a slave. But if you have to; treat them as an equal member of the family. And as a result, the unprecedented happened, slaves became kings, and slave dynasties were formed.

Again; with minorities. In Islam,it was a sacred duty to protect places of worship of all religions. It was announced that all human beings were equal. The 4th caliph of Medina lost a court case against a Jewish citizen. No 1 was above the law.

When a Muslim community is unjust to a Minority, it is going against the teachings of our religion. Our Prophet (PBUH) lives in our heart, and when he is maligned, it hurts us.

I always imagined what I would say and educate the world about Islam if I ever stood on this forum.

In western society, the holocaust is treated with sensitivity because it hurts the Jewish community. So that’s the same respect we ask for; do not hurt our sentiments by maligning our Holy Prophet (PBUH). That is all we ask.

For the complete transcript of the speech:
https://www.brecorder.com/2019/09/27/524851/full-transcript-of-prime-minister-imran-khans-speech-at-the-unga/

For the video about 50 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcSb8XcSCWQ
Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by AbdulHakeem44(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2019
true2god:
Trash! Let him address the radical elements in Pakistan who make a sport out of kidnapping and 'forcefully' marrying non-muslim girls. So Indo-Pakistan, whose land was pillaged by 'marauding' Arabs, is now the spokesperson of the ummah instead of Saudi Arabia or Iran?

Saudi Arabia or Iran are not the mouthpiece of Islam, correct Islamic leaders are, we are not bounded by region but by guarded knowledge of QUR'AN and sunnah

1 Like

Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

Saudi Arabia or Iran are not the mouthpiece of Islam, correct Islamic leaders are, we are not bounded by region but by guarded knowledge of QUR'AN and sunnah

I think we should just neglect these guys or keep reporting them when they derail thread or bring false claims. But it's also good you clarify so as not to mislead some of the readers.
Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by true2god: 5:24pm On Sep 30, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:
Stop this misinformation bro; there are cadre in Islam, even here in Nigeria. During ramadan, the saudi authorities are responsible for when ramadan starts and ends. Why not the Pakitstanis, Indians, Nigerians or the sundanese. When it comes to damage control and 'Islamophobia' prapaganda, the Pakistanis and the Indians will suddenly become the mouthpiece for Islam.

Let's come back to the local level, no ramadan starts in Nigeria without the official approval of the sokoto caliphate. Tell me, when did any Yoruba muslim declare ramadan's official commencement and its end. Stop being economical with the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:52pm On Sep 30, 2019
true2god:
Stop this misinformation bro; there are cadre in Islam, even here in Nigeria. During ramadan, the saudi authorities are responsible for when ramadan starts and ends.

Abeg stop this escalated show of ignorance. The Appearance of the new moon or complete counting of the month is responsible for when Ramadan starts and ends. lipsrsealed Tired of this your ignorance + chest beating arrogance especially on my threads. Sissy please help us ban this guy for just a week.

true2god:
Why not the Pakitstanis, Indians, Nigerians or the sundanese. When it comes to damage control and 'Islamophobia' prapaganda, the Pakistanis and the Indians will suddenly become the mouthpiece for Islam.
Let's come back to the local level, no ramadan starts in Nigeria without the official approval of the sokoto caliphate. Tell me, when did any Yoruba muslim declare ramadan's official commencement and its end. Stop being economical with the truth.

Anyone can be the mouth piece for Islam in as much as the methodology is in line with the Qur'an and Sunnah. Moreover the Sultaan is the President-General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA). So he is in charge of announcing whenever the new moon becomes visible or otherwise. So will you stop dabbling into matters that does not concern you? Stop being economical with the truth.

Here is NSCIA website for your perusal https://www.nscia.com.ng/

Sissie, Lalasticlala, Mukina2 please help us ban this true2god before his Islamophobia gets super out of hands.
Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by true2god: 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
Abeg stop this escalated show of ignorance. The Appearance of the new moon or complete counting of the month is responsible for when Ramadan starts and ends. lipsrsealed Tired of this your ignorance + chest beating arrogance especially on my threads. Sissy please help us ban this guy for just a week.
The saudi authorities must sanction the start of ramadan before it can be announced globally. Dont pretend as if you dont know, I am old enough to have seen this happened for so many years.

Rashduct4luv:
Anyone can be the mouth piece for Islam in as much as the methodology is in line with the Qur'an and Sunnah. Moreover the Sultaan is the President-General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA). So he is in charge of announcing whenever the new moon becomes visible or otherwise. So will you stop dabbling into matters that does not concern you? Stop being economical with the truth.

Anyone cannot be mouthpiece of Islam. Nigerian Imam cannot announce the end of ramadan but saudi imam can and always; it is their reserved right an d their religion. You only borrowed it ignorantly.

Rashduct4luv:
Sissie, Lalasticlala, Mukina2 please help us ban this true2god before his Islamophobia gets super out of hands.
You are a coward for attempting to stifle a free speech. Has nairaland become saudiland where anyone who do not agree with the wahabi Islam will be jailed? If you cannot handle criticism you can as well de-activate your account from nairaland. Stop being too emotional and stop soliciting authorities for an assistance to do your dirty bid. Be a man and face me intellectually.
Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:58pm On Sep 30, 2019
true2god:
The saudi authorities must sanction the start of ramadan before it can be announced globally. Dont pretend as if you dont know, I am old enough to have seen this happened for so many years.

Each country follows their moon sighting. And this is in line with our texts.

Bukhari and Muslim reported on the authority of Abdullah Ibnu Omar (may Allah be pleased with them) that the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم mentioned Ramadhan and said: “Do not fast till you see the new moon, and do not break fast till you see it; but if the weather is cloudy complete it (thirty days).”

This hadith is narrated on the authority of 'Ubaidullah with the same chain of transmitters, and he said: If (the sky) is cloudy for you, then calculate thirty days (for the month of Ramadan). Muslim 2635

“They ask you about the crescents. Say: They are but signs to mark fixed periods of time in the affairs of men and for pilgrimage.” [Al Baqarah, 2:189]

“Whoever witnesses the crescent of the month, he must fast the month.” [Al Baqarah, 2:185]

Where is Saudi mentioned here?

true2god:
Anyone cannot be mouthpiece of Islam. Nigerian Imam cannot announce the end of ramadan but saudi imam can and always; it is their reserved right an d their religion. You only borrowed it ignorantly.

See this Ignoramus again. The end and start of Ramadan was announced by the Sultaan as the head of the NSCIA.

See links below:

Link 1 https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/333095-end-of-ramadan-2019-sultan-asks-nigerian-muslims-to-look-out-for-new-moon.html

Link 2 https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-moon-sighted-as-sultan-set-to-declare-tuesday-eid-el-fitr

Link 3 https://punchng.com/breaking-sultan-declares-tuesday-eid-el-fitr-day/

Link 4 https://www.nscia.com.ng/index.php/news-room/75-ramadan-why-moon-sighting-announcement-was-delayed-sultan

true2god:
You are a coward for attempting to stifle a free speech. Has nairaland become saudiland where anyone who do not agree with the wahabi Islam will be jailed? If you cannot handle criticism you can as well de-activate your account from nairaland. Stop being too emotional and stop soliciting authorities for an assistance to do your dirty bid. Be a man and face me intellectually.

Let the mods come and judge who is peddling lies. You are not mistaken anymore. You are a full blown arrogant ignoramus. If what you claim is wrong then you should be banned for a month. If i am found wrong then i should be banned too. You are spreading falsehood about Islam. You are Islamophobic. The evidences are clear above. Sissie, Mukina2, Lalasticlala, Seun
Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by AbdulHakeem44(m): 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2019
true2god:
Stop this misinformation bro; there are cadre in Islam, even here in Nigeria. During ramadan, the saudi authorities are responsible for when ramadan starts and ends. Why not the Pakitstanis, Indians, Nigerians or the sundanese. When it comes to damage control and 'Islamophobia' prapaganda, the Pakistanis and the Indians will suddenly become the mouthpiece for Islam.

I doubt if you are a Muslim who understands Islam well. We Muslims in Nigeria have only one leader which is the sultan of sokoto, we follow his declaration of moon sightedness. In Islam we are brothers, we don't discriminate, a Hausa can be a leader, a Yoruba can be a leader anyone can be a leader. That is why we can unite when due especially in the month of hajj where millions of Muslims from different countries converge in makkah and pray under one imam.

Every country doesn't follow Saudi counting of lunar calendar, get that first. The only time the whole world follow Saudi is during the time of hajj (if only u would understand that). Saudi are prone to err because they are humans but they don't represent Islam whatsoever, don't think because the two holiest mosques are there automatically makes them the mouthpiece of Islam, NO!!! we have had Khalifa (overall Muslim leader)who are not from Saudi in Islamic history, so get it right.

Their effort in helping helpless Muslims and refugees can not be overemphasized but be that as it may, it doesn't make them the mouthpiece of Islam. Thank you.
Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:29pm On Sep 30, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

I doubt if you are a Muslim who understands Islam well. We Muslims in Nigeria have only one leader which is the sultan of sokoto, we follow his declaration of moon sightedness. In Islam we are brothers, we don't discriminate, a Hausa can be a leader, a Yoruba can be a leader anyone can be a leader. That is why we can unite when due especially in the month of hajj where millions of Muslims from different countries converge in makkah and pray under one imam.

Every country doesn't follow Saudi counting of lunar calendar, get that first. The only time the whole world follow Saudi is during the time of hajj (if only u would understand that). Saudi are prone to err because they are humans but they don't represent Islam whatsoever, don't think because the two holiest mosques are there automatically makes them the mouthpiece of Islam, NO!!! we have had Khalifa (overall Muslim leader)who are not from Saudi in Islamic history, so get it right.

Their effort in helping helpless Muslims and refugees can not be overemphasized but be that as it may, it doesn't make them the mouthpiece of Islam. Thank you.

He is a Christian who claims to like Muslims but hate Islam.
Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by true2god: 7:14am On Oct 02, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
Each country follows their moon sighting. And this is in line with our texts.

Bukhari and Muslim reported on the authority of Abdullah Ibnu Omar (may Allah be pleased with them) that the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم mentioned Ramadhan and said: “Do not fast till you see the new moon, and do not break fast till you see it; but if the weather is cloudy complete it (thirty days).”

This hadith is narrated on the authority of 'Ubaidullah with the same chain of transmitters, and he said: If (the sky) is cloudy for you, then calculate thirty days (for the month of Ramadan). Muslim 2635

“They ask you about the crescents. Say: They are but signs to mark fixed periods of time in the affairs of men and for pilgrimage.” [Al Baqarah, 2:189]

“Whoever witnesses the crescent of the month, he must fast the month.” [Al Baqarah, 2:185]

Where is Saudi mentioned here?
There is no country called saudi arabia during the time of mohammed. Modern saudi arabia is a British invention that made the Al-saud family the traditional ruler of modern saudi arabia and it is their family name (the Al-saud) that is used to name the country. Notice that the audience that mohammed was talking to are all quaresh; they are not Pakistanis or Yorubas. And to continue with the tradition, saudi arabia still retain the soverign right for when the ramadan starts and ends. I never say other people dont sight the moon but they retain the official 'spokesperson' for the exercise. You can argue as much as you like.

Rashduct4luv:
See this Ignoramus again. The end and start of Ramadan was announced by the Sultaan as the head of the NSCIA.

See links below:

Link 1 https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/333095-end-of-ramadan-2019-sultan-asks-nigerian-muslims-to-look-out-for-new-moon.html

Link 2 https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-moon-sighted-as-sultan-set-to-declare-tuesday-eid-el-fitr

Link 3 https://punchng.com/breaking-sultan-declares-tuesday-eid-el-fitr-day/

Link 4 https://www.nscia.com.ng/index.php/news-room/75-ramadan-why-moon-sighting-announcement-was-delayed-sultan
Of course you cannot expect the sultan to stand on the roof of his house looking for the new moon. He will delegate trusted people to do that and give him a feedback. The buttomline remains that his office, in Nigeria, is the only office that can determine when ramadam starts and ends. He will however still subject his decision based on the information he gets from saudi arabia. There is a high level diplomatic communication here between the two countries. You cannot expect the sultan to get confirmation form Iran on this, will you?

Rashduct4luv:
Let the mods come and judge who is peddling lies. You are not mistaken anymore. You are a full blown arrogant ignoramus. If what you claim is wrong then you should be banned for a month. If i am found wrong then i should be banned too. You are spreading falsehood about Islam. You are Islamophobic. The evidences are clear above. Sissie, Mukina2, Lalasticlala, Seun
Stop being childish bro. If you cannot engage in an intellectual conversation you better keep quiet and stop behaving like a kid who always call his mother anytime his mate beats him. Be a man!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by true2god: 7:15am On Oct 02, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

He is a Christian who claims to like Muslims but hate Islam.
I know you like Christians but hate their trinity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by EkunKekere: 7:44am On Oct 02, 2019
When they can't use logic or facts they try to get people banned.

Rashduct4luv:

1 Like

Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:09am On Oct 02, 2019
EkunKekere:

Lalasticlala, Seun, Sissie, Mukina2, I will like you to please review the activities of Ekunkekere and True2god on this section. They are Christians peddling lies on this section. You can test this by simply checking their posts for the last one one month.
Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by true2god: 8:55am On Oct 02, 2019
EkunKekere:
Don't mind them, they want to turn nairaland to saudiland. They do not want their opinion or religion to be challenged. Always attempting to enforce the sharia law wherever they are.

1 Like

Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by true2god: 8:57am On Oct 02, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
Lalasticlala, Seun, Sissie, Mukina2, I will like you to please review the activities of Ekunkekere and True2god on this section. They are Christians peddling lies on this section. You can test this by simply checking their posts for the last one one month.
Which activity are you talking about? We are debating each other and it is left for you to articulate your points logically instead of trying to silence us. You seem to have the problem of insecurity. Face me intellectually bro. I have not broken any of Nairaland rule and I have never cursed or abused anyone. Be a man!

1 Like

Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:28am On Oct 02, 2019
true2god:
Which activity are you talking about? We are debating each other and it is left for you to articulate your points logically instead of trying to silence us. You seem to have the problem of insecurity. Face me intellectually bro. I have not broken any of Nairaland rule and I have never cursed or abused anyone. Be a man!

Someone who is fond of spreading lies is a liar. Then your claim to hate Islam makes you an Islamophobe. Your unrelenting claim that the Saudi controls when we start and end Ramadan is a lie. Your claim that Christians are permitted to marry Muslims while Muslims permits only their males to marry a Christian is a lie.........

I am being a man by going against falsehood and i will keep mentioning you both till the mods hear!. Stop peddling lies. No one who practices deceit/ keep telling lies should be here.

No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes. Psalm 101:7
Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by true2god: 10:37am On Oct 02, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
Someone who is fond of spreading lies is a liar. Then your claim to hate Islam makes you an Islamophobe. Your unrelenting claim that the Saudi controls when we start and end Ramadan is a lie. Your claim that Christians are permitted to marry Muslims while Muslims permits only their males to marry a Christian is a lie.........
I think is is high time you created your own website so that you can do as you wish. I don't like Islamic ideology (the same way you don't like some christian beliefs and ideologies) but I love Muslims because we are all human and I have so many Muslim friends. You can blackmail me as much as you can but you can't change my position on this. And remember, I have right to my personal opinion and you have no right to censor my free thought.

Rashduct4luv:
I am being a man by going against falsehood and i will keep mentioning you both till the mods hear!. Stop peddling lies. No one who practices deceit/ keep telling lies should be here.
Which lies are you talking about? Do you have sense at all; or you a kid behind a keyboard?

Rashduct4luv:
No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes. Psalm 101:7
Another blackmail. If you cant handle a dissent belief please go away.
Re: PM Imran Khan's Speech On Islamophobia At UNGA by EkunKekere: 11:27am On Oct 02, 2019
Lol grin It's almost as if you guys don't understand how Nairaland works.

If the only thing that True2god and I are guilty of doing is debating the authenticity of the many logically unsound and inconsistent positions we find posted on this section of Nairaland without descending into making cheap, personal insults and threats of violence, then we're perfectly within our rights.

Try to use facts and logic to debate people who are skeptical about Islam. When you resort to making threats you're only lending credence to those who believe Islam cannot be defended without violence.

Rashduct4luv:

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Birth Story Of Jesus From The Quran / Y 2025 Muslims Will Be 30% Of The World Population!!! / Quran: How Were The Revelations Preserved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.