Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Nigeria At 59 – Happy Independence Day Or An Illusion Of Freedom? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria At 59 – Happy Independence Day Or An Illusion Of Freedom? (310 Views)

The Illusion Of Normal Days - Greg Morse / Nigeria @ 59; Laurels Of A Third World Country / Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria At 59 – Happy Independence Day Or An Illusion Of Freedom? by saintchidiebere(m): 6:16am On Oct 01, 2019
NIGERIA AT 59 – HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY OR AN ILLUSION OF FREEDOM?
[color=#006600][/color]
Fifty nine years ago on this day, a baby said it didn’t need no one to depend on anymore. With a simple request to be prayed for, she was left alone to fend for herself.
Alas, she thought she could do and she was pretty fine but she forgot all that was linked to the past. The pain, values, morals, hatred, love, self-interest, psychology damage, betrayals, vengeance that has kept many going in different lanes.

She was tired of the gruesome drills, oh no I can’t wait to be on my own she said; it is way better than the physical and emotional trauma I pass through daily.
Fifty nine years ago on this day, greedy people set their plans in motion. They waited until pieces were sort of picked and placed together and they struck.
Insecurities were not gone yet, fear was not completely gone when independence was given, submission and defiance were never gone.
The thirst for more in a greedy way and to never be looked down on was always present, the conspiracy, plotting, and manipulation had eaten deep.
But she never asked for how to be protected from her very own color, and blood. She never knew the same skin was not enough. She never imagined been alone would require such efforts and sacrifices and tough decision making.
Fifty nine years ago on this day, no one thought to learn intrinsic things while in slavery, running things, leadership traits, and more.

Alas! We are free today as an independent country but in reality, true slaves as the pregnant woman once worried.

We work tirelessly like slaves everyday to make ends meet, we strive to meet world standards, and we, we that had ancestors cultivate the lands of the masters cannot do same with our lands.
Here I am wondering, are we truly independent? Or are we living in an illusion of freedom?
Tell me we are free and please follow your answer with “what we are free from?”. Let us sit at the round table and think deeply if we are worth celebrating and let’s have a rethink and do things right?
Who says we can’t be independent again? If we can be a republic twice, why not?
I am a Nigerian.

Re: Nigeria At 59 – Happy Independence Day Or An Illusion Of Freedom? by nakaman: 7:05am On Oct 01, 2019
this independence is as useless as BBnaija I wonder what we are celebrating.
Re: Nigeria At 59 – Happy Independence Day Or An Illusion Of Freedom? by RESTMOUTH99(m): 7:44am On Oct 01, 2019
ILLUSION

(1) (Reply)

Uber Copter Will Now Fly You Over City As The Company Has Opened Up Helicopter / Facebook And Instagram Deletes Hundreds Of Nigerian Accounts For Being Involved / Best Top 10 Young Billionaire Nigerian Entrepreneurs In 2019/10 Nigerian Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.