Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) (5654 Views)

Reception For Victorious Eagles In Abuja (Photos) / Nosa Igiebor Injured After Attack On Eagles In Ethiopia. Eagles Set New Record. / 4 Nigerians To Play For Sudan In African Cup Of Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:07am On Jan 23, 2006
Why is it that everytime we make it to a major soccer competition without adequate preparation, we go on about how well we did in the past and how good our players are individually..

Does it mean the whole of africa has puke talents and we have all the aces in one box?

I think not.. reminds me of how our sports commentators always miss the mark until after the first half. and still they miss the scoreline until after 90minutes.

Look here... sure we've got quality players, but we had quality players going into teh last world cup did we not.. and came off with a hairs-breath of a goal from julius.

Ma guys. the best we can do is third place.. why.. cos that is what we honestly deserve..

c'mon other teams trained hard and have talents as well.. just because we a Naijans.. does not mean we win this time
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by Akolawole(m): 9:01am On Jan 23, 2006
lagerwhenindoubt:

c'mon other teams trained hard and have talents as well..

Which team(s) trained hard ?

Where did they train?
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by bagoma(f): 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2006
i'm happy the super eagles started on a good note. cheesy cheesy

thank God for the victory. it wasn't an easy match at all smiley

i hope they improve with the next match.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by badman(m): 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2006
thank god they won but even the goal came at the right time hope they improve next match
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by prettyH(f): 9:27pm On Jan 24, 2006
Akolawole:

Which team(s) trained hard ?

Where did they train?

Let truth be told, Nigeria's not the best in the African cup of nations.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by yeepa(m): 11:06pm On Jan 24, 2006
Nigeria might not have the best team but I think we have the best collection of players
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by bolaoni(m): 2:45pm On Jan 25, 2006
I don't think collections of players win a competition. It is a team that ALWAYS win!

Fine we have a good collection of star players, but do we have a team? That is what will determine who wins at the end of the day. Considering all the matches that have been played, we are definitely not the best but I hope we improve as the competition goes on. smiley
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by yeepa(m): 3:00pm On Jan 25, 2006
Some of them have played together before so I think they will play well as a team in no time. I pray captain jay jay gets well fast so that he can help our attack
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by yeepa(m): 3:02pm On Jan 25, 2006
Some of them have played together before so I think they will play well as a team in no time. I pray captain jay jay gets well in time for the next match so that he can help our attack
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by badman(m): 6:17pm On Jan 25, 2006
those guys tried but with what dey play, i doubt if they can ever beat senegal ,even the match against ghana was won by chance
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by bolaoni(m): 6:28pm On Jan 25, 2006
badman:

those guys tried but with what dey play, i doubt if they can ever beat senegal ,even the match against ghana was won by chance

A truth most don't want to admit. We take our patriotism too far when it comes to the Eagles.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by prettyH(f): 7:04pm On Jan 25, 2006
badman:

True...very true
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by otokx(m): 10:04am On Jan 26, 2006
after the match i was convinced that if there is a god of soccer then he was on our side that day. i am yet to see a team so uncoordinated and so flat footed. just watch cameroon then you will see the difference. all our so called big stars are just a big disappointment. we are clapping for a man who shot a ball into an empty net while the goal keeper was still arranging his wall.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by kechy(f): 11:39am On Jan 26, 2006
bolaoni:

I don't think collections of players win a competition. It is a team that ALWAYS win!

Fine we have a good collection of star players, but do we have a team? That is what will determine who wins at the end of the day. Considering all the matches that have been played, we are definitely not the best but I hope we improve as the competition goes on. smiley

Very well said.
They'll improve with each game they play.
However, just as we're getting used to their habitual disappointment, this time, they'll surprise everyone by winning.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by bolaoni(m): 2:46pm On Jan 26, 2006
kechy:

However, just as we're getting used to their habitual disappointment, this time, they'll surprise everyone by winning.

I hope they prove most of us wrong sha. cool
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by yeepa(m): 3:21pm On Jan 26, 2006
@ otokz

Are you trying to say one should not clap for a smart person? The free kick was very well taken and the refree agrees so I don't know your own position
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by bagoma(f): 10:58pm On Jan 26, 2006
winning is what is most important, whether by hook or crook, by whatever means possible.

the end justifies the means! cool
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by Akolawole(m): 1:37am On Jan 27, 2006
bagoma:

winning is what is most important, whether by hook or crook, by whatever means possible.

the end justifies the means! cool

Thank you jare Baggy, precise but truthcheesy
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by Akolawole(m): 1:45am On Jan 27, 2006
prettyH:

Let truth be told, Nigeria's not the best in the African cup of nations.

@Madam Pretty
Who says Nigeria is the best in this competition?
I personally predicted Senegal before the competion
The only time Nigeria present the best team to the Nations cup in recent times was Senegal '92, where we came third.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by Akolawole(m): 1:50am On Jan 27, 2006
otokx:

after the match i was convinced that if there is a god of soccer then he was on our side that day. i am yet to see a team so uncoordinated and so flat footed. just watch cameroon then you will see the difference. all our so called big stars are just a big disappointment. we are clapping for a man who shot a ball into an empty net while the goal keeper was still arranging his wall.

Otokx
So you carry that your sentiments in politics section to SPORTS as well, na wa o  grin
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by Chxta(m): 5:46am On Jan 27, 2006
This makes good reading since most of you seem to think with your arses!
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by pixiraver(m): 4:16pm On Feb 05, 2006
naija defeated tunisia and we won the game gallantly,i sincerly think Enyeama should have been voted man of the match not Mikel
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by kechy(f): 10:24am On Feb 06, 2006
[/quote]
badman:

[quote author=otokx link=topic=5447.msg187190#msg187190 date=1138266281]
You guys aint saying anything about saturday's match.
C'mon, give the guys the kudos they deserve and thank the Lord almighty for being on our side.
cheesy
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by slary(m): 4:45pm On Feb 06, 2006
I sincerely hope that Eagles will improve in the crucial semi final show down against the Ivorians.

Just a lone goal is enough to decide the winner, which of course is NIGERIA grin grin grin
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by monie0078(f): 7:42pm On Feb 06, 2006
Hi everyone. I stumbled on this forum whilst trying to read up on the match played this past weekend. I'm disappointed that I missed it, but would definitely like to catch the next game... I live in the States, and unfortunately, all I heard about this past weekend was the 'Superbowl'. Had I known that my country was playing, I'd have watched it to cheer on. Can anyone tell me please when the next game is? I know this is a little late coming, but I'd love to be a part of it... thanks.
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by prettyH(f): 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2006
monie0078:

Hi everyone. I stumbled on this forum whilst trying to read up on the match played this past weekend. I'm disappointed that I missed it, but would definitely like to catch the next game... I live in the States, and unfortunately, all I heard about this past weekend was the 'Superbowl'. Had I known that my country was playing, I'd have watched it to cheer on. Can anyone tell me please when the next game is? I know this is a little late coming, but I'd love to be a part of it... thanks.

Whats up ? Next game is against Ivory Coast but don't know which day its on sha. We all predict Ivory coast will be whopped but i think Nigeria will struggle through the match as they normally do in their games. Well lets keep our fingers crossed
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by yeepa(m): 8:09pm On Feb 06, 2006
@monie0078
The next game is on Tuesday(7th) at 13:00 GMT
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by monie0078(f): 8:30pm On Feb 06, 2006
Thanks... Unfortunately, I won't get to watch it. At first I was worried that I wouldn't get the channel that'd show it over here, but after checking, I was relieved to find out that I do. What stinks is that it comes on at 7:50AM over here... I'll be on my way to work... I guess I should have bought that TiVo. I'm so disappointed!
Re: Super Eagles In The African Cup Of Nations (Egypt 2006) by Mufuadamu: 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2009
I heard TB Joshua said that the Super Eagles would win and qualify for the World Cup and also that Mozambique would beat Tunisia - and it happened. Listen to TB Joshua himself tomorrow on Emmanuel TV.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where In The World Is Reuben Agboola? / How To Make Steady Wins Using The Zero Risk Betting System(see proof) / Cute Pics Of Cesc Fabregas Kissing Pregnant Girlfriend Daniella Semaan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.