Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,800 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Which Windows Is Better For Gaming - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Which Windows Is Better For Gaming (1103 Views)

How Powerful Are Smartphone Processors For Gaming? / Please How Strong Is This Hp Laptop For Gaming / SSD Vs HDD – Which One Is Best For Gaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Windows Is Better For Gaming by Ernest4321(m): 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2019
Pls guys
I want to know which windows is better for gaming...am currently using windows 10 home with 1050ti and I find it hard running some games.
Should I switch to windows 10 pro
Re: Which Windows Is Better For Gaming by Arthurity1(m): 5:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
Ernest4321:
Pls guys
I want to know which windows is better for gaming...am currently using windows 10 home with 1050ti and I find it hard running some games.
Should I switch to windows 10 pro
what is your processor, your RAM size and are you sure you don't have a virus?
Re: Which Windows Is Better For Gaming by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 01, 2019
Windows 10 pro will consume more resources than win 10 home

What are your other specs?

Recommended ram for a gaming rig is min 16gb
i7 cpu

Do you have a lot of other software installed? Yesterday I was working on a slow pc, and someone had decided to install three antivirus apps on it. In addition to multiple pdf writers, three versions of autocad, corel draw. Adobe cs3.

If you decide to install the world on your system, note that every app will come with its own services that will use resources. And some of those apps may never be used.

Also, are your drivers up to date? Update via geforce experience, intel driver updater and windows update.

Finally are you running the most up to date versions of those games. A game today is a living product with update pushed out for up to a full year after its release. Ensure you are running the most up to date version of the game you can find

1 Like

Re: Which Windows Is Better For Gaming by lekjons(m): 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
In my experience, windows 7 ultimate or windows 10 enterprise LTSB.

I reinstall my windows at least once every two months(just to try new stuffs), so i know what I'm talking about.

Note: some windows core apps(e.g camera, store, mail, g drive etc) isn't pre-installed in LTSB, as it is super lite and smoother, no ads popup or forced updates whenever you're connected to the internet.. Loved it!
Re: Which Windows Is Better For Gaming by Ernest4321(m): 6:12pm On Oct 02, 2019
8GB ram
Intel core I5 7300HQ
Nope I don't have any virus
Most games run
But I had issues with NFS payback, I have to use extreme injector before I could run the game and now watchdogs 2 is giving me issues by just displaying black screen, I already watched YouTube videos but still nothing
Arthurity1:
what is your processor, your RAM size and are you sure you don't have a virus?
Re: Which Windows Is Better For Gaming by Ernest4321(m): 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2019
Thats a lot of information to digest bro. Thanks for the tips..I ll make sure all those software related issues are met.am currently using 8GB of ram and I5 7300HQ.
ornicus:
Windows 10 pro will consume more resources than win 10 home

What are your other specs?

Recommended ram for a gaming rig is min 16gb
i7 cpu

Do you have a lot of other software installed? Yesterday I was working on a slow pc, and someone had decided to install three antivirus apps on it. In addition to multiple pdf writers, three versions of autocad, corel draw. Adobe cs3.

If you decide to install the world on your system, note that every app will come with its own services that will use resources. And some of those apps may never be used.

Also, are your drivers up to date? Update via geforce experience, intel driver updater and windows update.

Finally are you running the most up to date versions of those games. A game today is a living product with update pushed out for up to a full year after its release. Ensure you are running the most up to date version of the game you can find
Re: Which Windows Is Better For Gaming by Yubee116: 5:48pm On Oct 18, 2019
In addition to the above said, hit me up if you need PC games. Whatsapp please... 08059382128.

PS: not free. Delivery nationwide

(1) (Reply)

Bet9ja Bonus Credit: I Won bets With Bonus But Was Not Credit Whole Sum(pics) / How Much Are You Willing To Pay For A Mobile Game? / Fancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.