Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! (983 Views)

I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by Hmann: 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
Dear Nairalanders,

I got a new job not long ago. I negotiated for 300k as my take-home (net pay). The company added a little above what I demanded for. I was discussing with somebody we came in together and discovered I under negotiated. The company was ready to pay up to 500k for the role. Even though is far more than where I was, I wish to get get at least close to the 500k. How do i approach them? Will this not be too early?
Can't concentrate on my work since making the discovery.
Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by gold360(m): 3:46pm On Oct 02, 2019
Hmann:
Dear Nairalanders,

I got a new job not long ago. I negotiated for 300k as my take-home (net pay). The company added a little above what I demanded for. I was discussing with somebody we came in together and discovered I under negotiated. The company was ready to pay up to 500k for the role. Even though is far more than where I was, I wish to get get at least close to the 500k. How do i approach them? Will this not be too early?
Oliver twist. Take what you've been offered and be grateful...

4 Likes

Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
Put your head down.... do a fantastic job for a few months (6 minimum) then ask for a raise while pointing to the fact that you are doing a great job that is worth a 500k salary.

1 Like

Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by nlPoster: 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
Hmann:
Dear Nairalanders,

Where do you work or in which sector?
Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by nlPoster: 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2019
Time registered: October 02, 2019

Time spent online: 31 minutes & 10 seconds

3 Likes

Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by Validated: 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
Hmann:
Dear Nairalanders,

Focus on your job ... you were satisfied with the N300K. If you go and ask for increase while still under probation, you are sure rolling into the book of "unreliable" new hires. Post probation, you can discuss this with your immediate boss to see if it can be harmonised.

2 Likes

Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by Hmann: 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
nairalandposter:

Where do you work or in which sector?

IT firm
Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by Hmann: 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
Validated:

Focus on your job ... you were satisfied with the N300K. If you go and ask for increase while still under probation, you are sure rolling into the book of "unreliable" new hires. Post probation, you can discuss this with your immediate boss to see if it can be harmonised.
My offer never came with probation.
Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by Hmann: 4:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
nairalandposter:
Time registered: October 02, 2019

Time spent online: 31 minutes & 10 seconds
I am active here. Just created this account for this reason.
Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by Hmann: 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2019
Validated:

Ok.
Thank you.
Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2019
God where art thou?

1 Like

Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by Icequeen94(f): 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2019
Hello my dear, do not jump into asking for a raise yet even though you have made the mistake already. Hold on a bit, make sure you try and accomplish set goals and then after some time you can ask for a raise. You can follow this guide to approach your boss for a raise meanwhile in case of next time, before you go for a job interview research about the company to know the salary range and what people are saying. you can do so by using a salary tool like https://www.mysalaryscale.com
Hmann:
Dear Nairalanders,

Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by Hmann: 5:45pm On Oct 03, 2019
Icequeen94:
Hello my dear, do not jump into asking for a raise yet even though you have made the mistake already. Hold on a bit, make sure you try and accomplish set goals and then after some time you can ask for a raise. You can follow this guide to approach your boss for a raise meanwhile in case of next time, before you go for a job interview research about the company to know the salary range and what people are saying. you can do so by using a salary tool like https://www.mysalaryscale.com

Thank you. Will focus on my service delivery for now and will approach them some months from now. Thank you for the link shared.

1 Like

Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by ctleurocollege: 5:00pm On Oct 04, 2019
dayo2me:
God where art thou?

grin grin Bro read and pass, ignore the bragger
Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by LegitBoyy: 5:02pm On Oct 05, 2019
ctleurocollege:

grin grin Bro read and pass, ignore the bragger

Brother, while it is good not to put yourself under pressure, it is also good we strive for the best out there. I used to doubt this stories till I met a senior who has less than 10 years experience and earns #2M per month in this same Lagos. Some people start with as much as #360, 000 too

I agree with you tho on the need to not feel pressured but not everyone are bragging.
Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by Russianspy(m): 5:59pm On Oct 06, 2019
500k as in

Life is not fair truely
Re: Under Negotiated My Salary-help!!! by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 07, 2019
Icequeen94:

cool This one kows what his saying, use it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Certifications / Should I Work For No Salary Because I Need Experience? / The Daiels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.