Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,193 members, 7,957,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:55 PM

Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! (3247 Views)

Nigerian Foreign Coach To Earn $50,000 A Month / Daniel Amaokachi Appointed As New Coach Of FC I'uba / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by wales(m): 6:45am On Nov 04, 2010
Nigeria Football Association (NFA) has pegged monthly takehome pay of the Super Eagles’new coach at N5 million with other allowances.

A member of the Technical Committee, who requested anonymity told Daily Sunsports that the association was not buoyant and did not want to bite more than it could chew.

The source disclosed that after the interview, members would go into negotiation with the coach who emerges as the winner, adding that it is doubtful if the NFA can afford to pay N5million, adding that unless the body has sponsors, it will be difficult for NFA to pay that much.

“We shall sound out the coaches and know what they want as salary, then we tell them what we can afford and if they agree to our offer, fine. If they reject it, we forge ahead' said the source.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2010/nov/04/sportsbreak-04-11-2010-001.htm
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by 10cirenoh: 11:20am On Nov 04, 2010
5million? so how much is sign on fee? undecided
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 04, 2010
wales:

Nigeria Football Association (NFA) has pegged monthly takehome pay of the Super Eagles’new coach at N5 million with other allowances.

A member of the Technical Committee, who requested anonymity told Daily Sunsports that the association was not buoyant and did not want to bite off more than it could chew.

The source disclosed that after the interview, members would go into negotiation with the coach who emerges as the winner, adding that it is doubtful if the NFA can afford to pay N5million, adding that unless the body has sponsors, it will be difficult for NFA to pay that much.

“We shall sound out the coaches and know what they want as salary, then we tell them what we can afford and if they agree to our offer, fine. If they reject it, we forge ahead' said the source.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2010/nov/04/sportsbreak-04-11-2010-001.htm
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by naijaobi(m): 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2010
10cirenoh:

5million? so how much is sign on fee? undecided
exactly, how much is the sign on fee N100,000?
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2010
wales:

But they can afford to pay foreign coaches higher. angry
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by PhilMoane: 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2010
Are these not the Illegal thieves being shielded by Blatter?

Are they not part of the mis-management of WC 800million?

Are they not slaveboys to the Monster called Adamu damu damu?

They can always peg Coach salary and allowances.

But when it is their pockets, No Upper limit. Only lower limit exists.

What a sad story.
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by marcus1234: 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2010
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by Abayomin70(m): 4:06pm On Nov 04, 2010
na small money 5million for a coach he is also doing national job he should somtin lik 15mila
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by harakiri(m): 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2010
Nigerians are very funny people.Some of the posters commenting here are the same people who called Siasia a thief for asking for N15 million monthly. . . lol
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by okosodo: 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2010
12 million naira will be okay
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by Blazing99: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2010
5 million bucks with other allowances, That is cool to me. What we've got to understand is that employing foreign expatriates costs more in every profession in the world including football. The problem is just that my dream coach, Keshi may not be consenting to this offer as he has been a foreign expatiate for the past 6 years or so and has probably being paid better.
Well whoever takes the job should do so for patriotism and career boost not for the money. That's my opinion.
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by Sagamite(m): 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2010
The source paper of the story is retarded!!!

Discard the news until a reliable source states it.

As far as I am concerned, since the source publication is retarded, this is a made-up story.
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by honeric01(m): 7:03pm On Nov 04, 2010
^^^^

I think it's true, heard it on brila fm too.
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by Blazing99: 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2010
Sagamite:

The source paper of the story is retarded!!!

Discard the news until a reliable source states it.

As far as I am concerned, since the source publication is retarded, this is a made-up story.

Sunnews and Brilla's proved it. Maybe you got a man in NFA that you're waiting for to confirm the news
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by Sagamite(m): 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^

I think it's true, heard it on brila fm too.

Blazing99:

Sunnews and Brilla's proved it. Maybe you got a man in NFA that you're waiting for to confirm the news

Ok, I can take it seriously now.

The salary is absolutely APT!
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by honeric01(m): 7:59pm On Nov 04, 2010
^^^^

And your new coach is Siasia! cool
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by Sagamite(m): 8:05pm On Nov 04, 2010
Good stuff!

I am happy with the appointment and I am happy with the pay.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-496295.128.html#msg6573120
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 04, 2010
The news of Siasia's appointment should be moved to the homepage instead of this
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by supereagle(m): 6:07am On Nov 05, 2010
Siasia will not collect that. They must have given the job to him to please Nigerians, they know quite alright they will disagree on negotiation and the Job goes to Keshi, the Big Boss.
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by naso2(m): 10:18am On Nov 05, 2010
supereagle:

Siasia will not collect that. They must have given the job to him to please Nigerians, they know quite alright they will disagree on negotiation and the Job goes to Keshi, the Big Boss.

Aside the 5m for the chief coach, he will be given 3m for his assistants, which he has fully powers to determine. Totally it will be 8m which to me is just fine.
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by honeric01(m): 10:48am On Nov 05, 2010
na_so:

Aside the 5m for the chief coach, he will be given 3m for his assistants, which he has fully powers to determine. Totally it will be 8m which to me is just fine.

Oh so you are looking at him "taking" from his assistant's fixed salary? the #3m is for the assistant and it's not to be determined by Siasia, whoever he picks automatically becomes the #3m owner, if he takes from it, then i see that as bribery (maybe he's going to go with Kalika)
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by namdo(m): 11:46am On Nov 06, 2010
3 assistants= 9milla + 5milla = 14milla, not bad provided we have the results. How much was lagerback or so paid in 6 months?
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by GBT(m): 2:05pm On Nov 06, 2010
Are these not the Illegal thieves being shielded by Blatter?

Are they not part of the mis-management of WC 800million?

Are they not slaveboys to the Monster called Adamu damu damu?

They can always peg Coach salary and allowances.

But when it is their pockets, No Upper limit. Only lower limit exists.

What a sad story.

PHILS LWKMD
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by almoner(m): 6:40am On Nov 07, 2010
No one should complain, it worth it. cool
Re: Eagles’ New Coach To Earn N5m ! by dominique(f): 9:06pm On Nov 07, 2010
Yet they can afford to pay hundreds of millions to goats and lagerbeer.

(1) (Reply)

Advance Bet Is Here!!! / Has Sporty Bet Not Finished You? / If A Fan Can Decorate His House This Way, How Will The Interior Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.