Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? (1512 Views)

Family Provides POS For Transactions As They Receive Sympathisers During Funeral / Police In London Brought Out Yoruba Police Officer To Warn Yoruba Women. See Why / Are Yoruba Men Like This?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by tpiar: 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2019
Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 03, 2019

6 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by nlPoster: 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2019
Breaststroke:
Tpiar, as far as I know every female on nairaland is at the receiving end of utterly negative stereotypes, not just Yoruba women. I didn't check out the thread, but on nairaland we are all lumped together irrespective of tribe.

It ranges from 30+ females being labelled as evening newspapers, to stvpid feminists for having a contrary view/opinion as a woman, whores (a.k.a farm tools) to gold diggers...........and the list just goes on and on.

That's true, but sometimes there's a concerted effort to project a certain image on segments of the population, in this case, Yoruba women.

Check the thread in question and especially page 8.
Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by Ladylite: 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
tpiar:
Check this thread, especially page 8:

https://www.nairaland.com/5450079/senate-proposes-law-tax-nigerians

I don't let things get to me. So what if we are not OK, we should fight and exchange words abi? Doesn't it show we are as low as they are?
We are better than that, am not responsible for someone's misunderstanding

6 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by nlPoster: 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2019
Ladylite:

I don't let things get to me. So what if we are not OK, we should fight and exchange words abi? Doesn't it show we are as low as they are?
We are better than that, am not responsible for someone's misunderstanding

Are you Yoruba?

Did you check page 8 and what two posters are claiming there?

This is not slander, it's something more serious.

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2019
Every woman gets insulted on NL. The only exception are their mothers.

The one good thing about singling out a particular set of women - by tribe or religion is that it throws confusion into the camp of alfa males.

For example;

There is this moniker always insulting Nigerian women. They are hoes and all. Recently, I saw him defending a set of women, while insulting Igbo women.

So, even as an Igbo woman, I didn't take offence because I know he doesn't care about either women, he only cares about his tribe here. If I were a Yoruba woman, I also won't take it as a compliment.

5 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by OlawaleBammie: 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2019
Breaststroke:
Tpiar, as far as I know every female on nairaland is at the receiving end of utterly negative stereotypes, not just Yoruba women. I didn't check out the thread, but on nairaland we are all lumped together irrespective of tribe.

It ranges from 30+ females being labelled as evening newspapers, to stvpid feminists for having a contrary view/opinion as a woman, whores (a.k.a farm tools) to gold diggers...........and the list just goes on and on.

Aahhhh!! all these names??

but wait, how come u know all dis titles offhand??

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by yeyeosoronga: 8:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
When you know some assertations are coming from a place of ignorance and you know what stuff you're made of, such insults won't bother you.
You wouldn't even bat an eyelid, especially when you can see yourself and the people in the maligned group all moving forward and making a positive mark all around.
Yoruba woman have been pacesetters positively in Nigeria since time immemorial.
What can any low life person coming from a place of wretchedness want to tell you, that will move you? Eni tóó bá j'uni lo, le j'uni nu (meaning person wey high pass you, can throw you away/discard you)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by chii8(f): 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2019
If you're relying on information you see on nairaland to judge people.... Hmmm...OYO,is your case.

2 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 03, 2019

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by OlawaleBammie: 8:52pm On Oct 03, 2019
Breaststroke:

Lol, funny you.

I know these titles offhand because I have been at the receiving end of such insults/abuse as a female on nairaland like every other female here.

There is no thread where you won't find these terms. They are national anthems and broken records now sef.

Hmm, receiving end..... i don't even knw wat to say self cus i dont knw wat brought enmity btw men and women on dis forum, funnily enof some met there partners here .....

ur moniker tho. tongue
Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2019

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by OlawaleBammie: 10:07pm On Oct 03, 2019
Breaststroke:

Lol, get your mind out of the gutter o!

My moniker is a swimming style but now that you mention it, I can see how it may come across to others grin

Can we amend usernames? I would have liked Zero Bubble

Ahh, nt my fault na, am just thinking dat wat could b d inspiration behind this moniker, breaststroke grin

@ d emboldened, Maybe i should suggest one for u if u dont mind tongue
Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by Fountainofyouth(f): 10:51pm On Oct 03, 2019
You just need to have a thick e-skin here, they can insult their life away, who cares, away from here my life is as beautiful as ever.

2 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by Nobody: 5:34am On Oct 04, 2019
Breaststroke:

I wont be bothered by it, I get a feeling majority of the users doing such are jobless people with nothing going on for them, trust me if there was, you wont have people that committed to bashing women 24-7, for you know you could be talking with kids online. As long as the money is entering in and you're doing fine. Let them hate , is their wahala but I do agree this nairaland has now become a toxic platform, not just here it's everywhere. Gender wars

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by MedicH: 5:35am On Oct 04, 2019
Breaststroke:

Lol hehehe wrong time to be a woman. These stereotypes are too demeaning and too negative. According to those guys, female wahala too much, red pill crew, God help them.
Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by 24kmagic: 9:48am On Oct 04, 2019
I personally won't stop with the stereotype until I see a girl that is different from the rest.

I always say this; Any particular set of people known for a particular thing, they are truly that thing.
Except for some very, very few exceptions and like they say, majority carries the vote.

I didn't click that link but you see these talks about Yoruba women being dirty, it's 95% true.
Igbo girls their own is money, they can follow Lucifer to hell if ego is involved.

Last, last, 9ja men are in serious trouble when it comes to women, going by the calibre of women the society breed these days, especially in the south.

Hoes everywhere

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 04, 2019

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by Joystark(f): 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2019
It's a tough world outchea...

But I have learned to bash as I am bashed.
I ignore sometimes too. Depending on my mood at the time.

I'm igbo tho..

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by cococandy(f): 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
Marry your fellow man and leave women alone.
Good for nothing tramp.

24kmagic:
I personally won't stop with the stereotype until I see a girl that is different from the rest.

I always say this; Any particular set of people known for a particular thing, they are truly that thing, except for some very, very few exceptions and like they say, majority carries the vote.

I didn't click that link but you see these talks about Yoruba women being dirty, it's 95% true.
Igbo girls their own is money, they can follow Lucifer to hell if ego is involved.

Last, last, 9ja men are in serious trouble when it comes to women, going by the calibre of women the society breed these days, especially in the south.

Hoes everywhere

11 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by cococandy(f): 3:54pm On Oct 04, 2019
Na me and una for this forum.

Bunch of misogynistic assholess.

12 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 04, 2019
24kmagic:

I always say this; Any particular set of people known for a particular thing, they are truly that thing, except for some very, very few exceptions and like they say, majority carries the vote.

Hoes everywhere
Your stupidity is astonishing.How many dirty Yoruba women or too-desperate-for-money Igbo women have you seen?What research was conducted to have arrived at such conclusion?

Quit generalizing please.

6 Likes

Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:04am On Oct 05, 2019
cococandy:
Na me and una for this forum.

Bunch of misogynistic assholess.

grin You get time.
Re: Are Yoruba Women Ok With The Utterly Negative Stereotypes They Receive On Nl? by hify9935(f): 5:18pm On Oct 05, 2019
24kmagic:

I always say this; Any particular set of people known for a particular thing, they are truly that thing.
Except for some very, very few exceptions and like they say, majority carries the vote.

Hoes everywhere
The calibre of men the society breeds these days is scarier. You men really think you're saints too? I laugh!

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Married Men, Come And See This!! Photo!!! / Parents How Do You Deal With Child Favoritism In The Home / Closed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.