Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,162 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

SEO Expert Which Of These Domain Names Would You Go For? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SEO Expert Which Of These Domain Names Would You Go For? (741 Views)

Olumayowa Elegbede Buys Nigeria Air Domain Names, Selling At ₦24 Million Each / I Want To Sell These Domain Names (importation.com.ng) And (programming.com.ng) / 5 Popular Foreign Websites To Buy Cheap Domain Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SEO Expert Which Of These Domain Names Would You Go For? by mike272(m): 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2019
I have a client am working with he has two domain names and he is a bit confused about the one to go with. His major concern is the one that will have good effect in search engine.

Which of these domain name would you recommend if you where in his shoes? Not exactly this but is similar to this:

xyz.com.ng OR NGRxyz.com. Please, which one is better? xyz is the keyword. very similar keyword but not exact though.

A bit confused
Re: SEO Expert Which Of These Domain Names Would You Go For? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 04, 2019
Go for the .com extension.
Re: SEO Expert Which Of These Domain Names Would You Go For? by mike272(m): 8:45pm On Oct 04, 2019
Activist001:
Go for the .com extension.
Thanks. Everyone seams to tell me to stick with .com without a define reason even if it seams .com.ng have a richer key word.
Re: SEO Expert Which Of These Domain Names Would You Go For? by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 05, 2019
The only reason why you are having that .com.ng as an option is because you feel it is cheaper. If you are looking for the difference, google is your friend.
Re: SEO Expert Which Of These Domain Names Would You Go For? by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 05, 2019
mike272:
I have a client am working with he has two domain names and he is a bit confused about the one to go with. His major concern is the one that will have good effect in search engine.

Which of these domain name would you recommend if you where in his shoes? Not exactly this but is similar to this:

xyz.com.ng OR NGRxyz.com. Please, which one is better? xyz is the keyword. very similar keyword but not exact though.

A bit confused

It wholly depends on your client's business, if it is a business that targets only Nigerian customers, then .com.ng is preferable.

But if it targets all countries, registering a .com.ng domain will limit its reach on search engines.

1 Like

Re: SEO Expert Which Of These Domain Names Would You Go For? by hostkobo(m): 8:31pm On Oct 05, 2019
mike272:

A bit confused

If both extension s are available, y not just get the two. I usually advise clients to do so.

Regards
HK
Re: SEO Expert Which Of These Domain Names Would You Go For? by mike272(m): 1:51am On Oct 06, 2019
hostkobo:

If both extension s are available, y not just get the two. I usually advise clients to do so.

Regards
HK
Thanks, but both are gotten. Which one should be hosted?
Re: SEO Expert Which Of These Domain Names Would You Go For? by GrowSeoagency(m): 9:53am On Oct 06, 2019
Depends on the target area, for nigeria the .com.ng, for international .com, why not host them both? And use one as the Authority on the other

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Best Way To Do SEO And Boost Ranking Big Time / Do You Accept Guest Posts On Your Site? I will pay. / Online Banking Html Script Or Template Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.