Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root (45606 Views)

Real Madrid Unveils Alaba With his Nigerian Father And The Rest Of His Family / Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians / Fikayo Tomori And Tammy Abraham Celebrate Nigeria's 59th Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by sugarboy212(m): 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2019
Nigerians abroad hardly pronounce their name well,he might be calling himself fikay Tomry.

2 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by cosmos1440: 7:28pm On Oct 04, 2019
oshe11:
Na Japanese

LOL

Fikayo Tomori truely sounds like Japanese names. . . Abe, Iwata, kashima, Toyota, Tomori, etc
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by oshe11: 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2019
cosmos1440:

LOL

Fikayo Tomori truely sounds like Japanese names. . . Abe, Iwata, kashima, Toyota, Tomori, etc
I dey tells You
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
oloriooko:
So FIKAYO TOMORI sounds English to him abi to the extent that the name never rang bell that he's probably from Africa? Or na Canadians dey bear FIKAYO or TOMORI? angry undecided

Is there any single black in UK that can claim 100% British ?_of course he knew who he was just didn't wish to accept it and he can't run away from it .look at him sef looks pure African no dilute

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
DoTheNeedful:
Good for him. But I hope he doesn't come to Nigeria in the future with his British accent to hustle endorsements with the likes of Iwobi, Musa, Chukwueze and co. John Fashanu comes to mind in this regard. If he does, the thunder wey wire am go pass 100000 volts. angry
He will come o
Forget all these dia denge pose
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
Dasuks:
God will bless Fikayo Tomori for taking control of his own future. Regardless of what happens an England career provides better opportunities than a Nigeria one.

Nigeria has no honor. The ppl and fans are great but the football authorities and admin are trash. End of the day it's not about whether ppl like u or not that'll prevent u guys from getting stuck at airports or that will ensure that the best regardless of tribe or class are fielded.

Legends die every now and then and are swept under the carpet. No regard for them. They are turned to terminally ill beggars before our very eyes.

English ppl are of Germanic lineage but it doesn't mean that some third rate Anglo will be picked over Tomori or Abraham or Sterling etc. That is the real integrity and it is very commendable.

Most of us on here making noise will play for England. That's fact.
Zaha that is hot now ran away from england after seeing that third rate players are ahead of him
Is Henderson better than alli?
Agbonlahor,onuoha,fashanu,late ugo ehiogu all regretted snubbing Nigeria
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Omoejigbahe(m): 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2019
oloriooko:
So FIKAYO TOMORI sounds English to him abi to the extent that the name never rang bell that he's probably from Africa? Or na Canadians dey bear FIKAYO or TOMORI? angry undecided

Efe sounds dumb

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by spiceadole: 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2019
nateDZA:
undecided

I am laughing so hard...jeez

Alabi has killed this one
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by optimistfeel(m): 8:40pm On Oct 04, 2019
so he can Cheng our dear country abii He should continue him and Abraham
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 04, 2019
battousai36:

Zaha that is hot now ran away from england after seeing that third rate players are ahead of him
Is Henderson better than alli?
Agbonlahor,onuoha,fashanu,late ugo ehiogu all regretted snubbing Nigeria

They told u that they regret playing for their country of choice? On what platform did u read their final regret epistles?

There are risks involved with everything, but u have to be big on self deceit to tell me that playing for Nigeria removes these risks. And then u have to be a bit more involved in delusional jingoism to tell me or anyobody that Nigeria doesn't add to the risks of a national football career and further complicate basic things that you wouldn't face in Europe or N. America for the case of Fikayo Tomori.
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 04, 2019
Dasuks:

They told u that they regret playing for their country of choice? On what platform did u read their final regret epistles?

There are risks involved with everything, but u have to be big on self deceit to tell me that playing for Nigeria removes these risks. And then u have to be a bit more involved in delusional jingoism to tell me or anyobody that Nigeria doesn't add to the risks of a national football career and further complicate basic things that you wouldn't face in Europe or N. America for the case of Fikayo Tomori.
Oh mate
Fashanu tried to gatecrash into nigeria's 94 WC squad
Agbonlahor ,onuoha publicly regretted their decisions
Ugo ehiogu to his credit embraced his englishness
Nigeria like most third world countries have massive problems with organisation in sports hence the unsavoury reports u see on the news
The english like the germans and Italians recently are trying to copy the French model of picking immigrants for their NT
I don't pity Nigeria though
We caused this by neglecting development
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by vanmusco(m): 8:54pm On Oct 04, 2019
oloriooko:
I second you oo. Cos I also felt aha, shey his name alone no show his roots. Or maybe him need slap to know him roots
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by SmartyPants(m): 9:32pm On Oct 04, 2019
oloriooko:

grin

I don't know how Efe wants us to believe he didn't know Tomori was of Nigerian origin.

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by excel101(m): 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
Efe Ambrose how you take know. But,come o, are you 30yrs?
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Akolawole(m): 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2019
oloriooko:

Efe is saying nonsense!

He wasn't born in England but Canada.

He didn't '' internationalise'' FIKAYO into Fikky. He will definitely know his Nigeria roots.
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Kenturkey048(m): 10:34pm On Oct 04, 2019
ebujany:
My son would do same....who Nigeria EPP?
Am sure your dad had same dreams thats why over 50 years we Still dey struggle for steady light because your dad saw no need to fight for your future in his own country rather he planned on taking you out that never happened ,,you too don start to troll seme part.....las las your pikin go attend iworo ajido model college..Nigeria EPP we Nigerians...
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by bigmaloj: 10:44pm On Oct 04, 2019
oloriooko:

grin grin grin
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by hybridblood07(m): 11:30pm On Oct 04, 2019
You're a Nigerian oh lol lol
BiafranBushBoy:
lol... With the way Nigeria is hard now, I don't think I am even Nigerian.

All the same, I don't really have the time to create a thread about this, but I will drop a link for those that want to see the latest ways to make money. I compiled them like a blog post. Read and share with friends.

Click here to see the best ways to make money in Nigeria fast
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Mykaelz001(m): 11:37pm On Oct 04, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:
lol... With the way Nigeria is hard now, I don't think I am even Nigerian.

All the same, I don't really have the time to create a thread about this, but I will drop a link for those that want to see the latest ways to make money. I compiled them like a blog post. Read and share with friends.

Click here to see the best ways to make money in Nigeria fast

My guy you sef dey search for money.. �
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 04, 2019
battousai36:

Oh mate
Fashanu tried to gatecrash into nigeria's 94 WC squad
Agbonlahor ,onuoha publicly regretted their decisions
Ugo ehiogu to his credit embraced his englishness
Nigeria like most third world countries have massive problems with organisation in sports hence the unsavoury reports u see on the news
The english like the germans and Italians recently are trying to copy the French model of picking immigrants for their NT
I don't pity Nigeria though
We caused this by neglecting development

Ok fair enough. Just as long as we dont act like Naija doesnt deserve these snubs. These dides have to think about their own personal prospects. Not fake love from Naija.

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 04, 2019
Dasuks:

Ok fair enough. Just as long as we dont act like Naija doesnt deserve these snubs. These dides have to think about their own personal prospects. Not fake love from Naija.
I agree
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by silverlinen(m): 1:06am On Oct 05, 2019
This is one hell off a lie how come's tomori dose'nt no he has nigerian root or him papa no tell am...Judging from his name alone one will no he is a nigerian.
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by magicfingers009: 3:23am On Oct 05, 2019
I hate when I take out time to read a story and it doesn’t correlate with the headline. I am yet to see the revelation in this whole story. You only told us he didn’t associate with his NIGERIAN root, the WHY is missing. Why?

Useless story and useless OP
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by tiger28: 5:11am On Oct 05, 2019
Efe fall my hand abeg.......This is a guy whose wife's name is ADENIKE? You don't know that Fikayo tomori is Yoruba??
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Dannymajor: 7:08am On Oct 05, 2019
Talking about Nigerian players not proud of their country.... The question should be is Nigeria even proud of the players?
drips8:
A lot of Nigerians currently living here are not proud of Nigeria and we can't blame them.
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Dannymajor: 7:10am On Oct 05, 2019
God bless you for this comment
akereconfi:
Allow him rest jor

What does Nigeria has to offer him?
As Isaac Promise die now, has NFF even released a statement?

NIGERIA had done nothing for him

He stands to lose nothing abandoning Nigeria...

At least wherever he is playing, his allowances and match bonuses will be paid swiftly. He wouldn't get embarrassed at the airport because some circus of clowns called NFF didn't sort their flight.

Thumbs up Tomori, you did the right thing
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by ebujany(m): 8:21am On Oct 05, 2019
Kenturkey048:
Am sure your dad had same dreams thats why over 50 years we Still dey struggle for steady light because your dad saw no need to fight for your future in his own country rather he planned on taking you out that never happened ,,you too don start to troll seme part.....las las your pikin go attend iworo ajido model college..Nigeria EPP we Nigerians...

Sorry for u bro...I won't wish that on ur upspring but if u must know, my son is an American citizen and am building him up to be the best in his choosen field. There's no way I would let him represent Nigeria in the future no freaking way
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Topmaike007(m): 8:28am On Oct 05, 2019
kolafolabi:
I don't think it's by force since he was born in the UK. Besides, if I were in their shoes, I would rather do the same.
and be relegated like Agbolahon or Jordan ibe
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Kenturkey048(m): 8:49am On Oct 05, 2019
ebujany:

Sorry for u bro...I won't wish that on ur upspring but if u must know, my son is an American citizen and am building him up to be the best in his choosen field. There's no way I would let him represent Nigeria in the future no freaking way
AUDIO MONEY EVerybody na millionaire for Instagram.if truly your son is a united state citizen,you wouldn't have bordered replying me..telling me your plans for him.....
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by OMOTOWO(m): 8:51am On Oct 05, 2019
nateDZA:
undecided
this one na lie Abi na true?
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by 9jaRealist: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2019
This Fikayo or another one?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10319560_screenshot20191001091854instagram_jpeg4cc127bf48fccaa9671e233f5b270a68

Perhaps it was just Epe that he didn’t want to “associate” with.
grin
>

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okocha Consoling Kanu At AFCON 2000 Finals (Throwback Photo) / Top 7 Most Beautiful Nigerian Sports Women / Mozambique Vs Nigeria; Int'l Friendly (1 - 3) On 16th October 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.