Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

“I Am Not Your G” - Vector Tells MI As He Tries To Comrade With Him - Celebrities (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “I Am Not Your G” - Vector Tells MI As He Tries To Comrade With Him (57854 Views)

Nkechi Blessing Sunday Flees As Police Tries To Arrest Her For Cyber Bullying / Nigerian Man In Holland Tries To Snatch Sophia Momodu From Davido / Fans Scream As Wizkid Tries To Jump Off From A High Hill Van (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I Am Not Your G” - Vector Tells MI As He Tries To Comrade With Him by Zoroaster: 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2019
Seriously after listening to the viper by m.i..anyone still comparing him to vector should be lynched grin
Re: “I Am Not Your G” - Vector Tells MI As He Tries To Comrade With Him by Sarmiz24(m): 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2019
Tammynator:

Are you sure you know the definition of those things you typed? And the word is euphemism.

Bro look through those lyrics again,u will see they are just plain words...Mi is good at delivery no doubt but VEC remæins the king of lyrics

2 Likes

Re: “I Am Not Your G” - Vector Tells MI As He Tries To Comrade With Him by yongg: 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2019
Sarmiz24:

Bro look through those lyrics again,u will see they are just plain words...Mi is good at delivery no doubt but VEC remæins the king of lyrics

Soul47:

MI was telling Hennessy, pay the rappers who're rapping
But daddy thought it was about him and tried to send him a message
Then MI taught dad a lesson and daddy made full confessions

The above quote is the explanation for the directness of his reply... He had already chosen to approach the response directly from the start of it.

While that may be true for the nature of his reply in this "Viper" track. According to you, there's no Wordplay, no metaphor, no euphemism, no simile. While I understand you have your opinion, I beg to differ on the fact that those things which you said MI lacks are embedded right in plain sight, which makes it even more cooler, more sophisticatedly thought out. Right in the plain words you are hearing, but then sometimes need to look at again before realizing it was deliberate genius level, are misdirection with real intended meanings... I am talking of things like double entendres with combinationary even permutationary meanings. And that's the least sef, I think I have spotted maybe one / two quadruple(at least to be safe "4" ) entendres.

The words may look normal, but don't let that wool them eyes, lol because his lyricism creates circuitry within the words, word groups and phrases, and make them come alive. Like a treasure hunt you will discover new meanings or phrases that may have gone over the listener's head.

In fact, just check out his verse while defining rap in VJ Adam's "Define Rap"(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2fMQb6kc4k ), it is as if he knew that someone would say what you just said. In that define video, I thought Vector was super duper dope too, real badass too, even Sound Sultan surprised me(also looking like Vector in his costume), Ice Prince was so on.

2 Likes

Re: “I Am Not Your G” - Vector Tells MI As He Tries To Comrade With Him by LucemFerre: 9:56am On Oct 07, 2019
Sarmiz24:

The lyrics obviously flew over your coconut head cheesy
Re: “I Am Not Your G” - Vector Tells MI As He Tries To Comrade With Him by karkinase(m): 10:43am On Oct 07, 2019
Jeez ...MI diss was like Nas 'Ether' on Jay-Z

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

AY Reacts To Corpers Mobbing Davido At NYSC Orientation Camp / Tuface 6th Child With Pero Celebrates First Birthday (pictures) / Linda Ikeji Inside Her Bedroom ( Adorable Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.