Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Mum Who Had Miscarriages And Ectopic Pregnancy Sells Home To Fund IVF - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mum Who Had Miscarriages And Ectopic Pregnancy Sells Home To Fund IVF (413 Views)

Miscarriages And Pregnancy (TTC) / Woman Narrates Ordeal After Suffering 35 Miscarriages In 7 Years / Lady Celebrates Her Mum Who Has Been Down With Stroke For 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mum Who Had Miscarriages And Ectopic Pregnancy Sells Home To Fund IVF by stellapatu: 7:59pm On Oct 04, 2019
A mother who was desperate to give her son a sibling sold her home and business to pay for £25,000 IVF.

Gemma Chalmers, 36, spent a decade trying for her dream family before she finally got pregnant with her son, Kayle, now four.

She and partner John Jones, 37, had both grown up alongside siblings and were desperate for their son to have the same experience.

Last year, after more difficulties getting pregnant naturally, the couple decided it was time to try IVF.

But the partners, from Aberdeen, had to make sacrifices to pay for the procedure, which normally costs £2,000 to £3,000 per cycle.The couple decided to go through with IVF last year when Ms Chalmers suffered her second ectopic pregnancy – when the embryo attaches outside the uterus and cannot grow.

But the couple had to sell their flat and mobile beauty business to raise the £25,000 needed for the procedure.

It all paid off when they welcomed daughter Lilly into the world earlier this year. Ms Chalmers, now a full-time mother, said: 'We desperately wanted a sibling for Kayle.

'He got on so well with his cousins who were a similar age, so we knew he would be great with a little brother or sister too.

'I have two brothers and my partner has a brother as well so we both know how good it is to have siblings.

'John and I wanted Kayle to have someone to play with and fight with - like kids do - as it's a great part of childhood.

'Kayle loves having a little sister and has been protective of her from day one. He was that excited about her arrival, he used to lift my top up in the street to kiss my belly.

'The moment he came to see her in hospital for the first time, he immediately went over to her and asked to hold her. Seeing that moment made all the injections and heartache worthwhile.

More details; [url] https://www.paxexlive.com/thread/mum-who-had-miscarriages-and-ectopic-pregnancy-sells-home-to-fund-ivf[/url]

(1) (Reply)

How To Regrow Hair In Your Frontal Hairline Naturally? / Tasly Bitter Melon Capsule Price: ₦8,640 / Naked Emaciated Lady Seen In Ajah Is Unrecognizable In New Photos After...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.