Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,988 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) (24213 Views)

Road Leading To A General Hospital Flooded In Lagos / Lady Swept Away By Flood After Heavy Downpour In Owerri, Imo State (Video) / Roads Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Light Rainfall (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by cyborg123(m): 11:23am On Oct 05, 2019
peeps4u:

Anyone that lives comfortably in other less stressful states like osun, ondo ekiti etc will not appreciate the peace of mind he HSS until he comes to Lagos. Lagosians have made hard life look like a normal life. If you can't learn to run after korope or keke napep, they will tell you that u can't live in Lagos. Someone saw my carrying my son and how he's fond of me, she said my son doesn't know anything that in Lagos he will be on his own when his dad and mum have left early in the morning until late at night. I just said to myself "is this life Lagosians are proud of?"
Bad roads everywhere, flood and dirty environments. Overpriced house rents.
You are blessed. Lagos is a shithole... but you know we Nigerians tend to take pride in the wrong things.
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 05, 2019
I really don't quite understand why this part of Ogba gets flooded. The drainages are more than sufficient; Metalbox road and Acme road have drainages at least 7 feet deep, and just as wide, yet there are days when it rains and these drainages are filled to the brim.
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Kapilta(m): 11:25am On Oct 05, 2019
Oh faherland. You shall rise again. After we are done pursuing all these intruders and invaders far away and we hoist your right flag.

God bless Oduduwa Republic.
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Kapilta(m): 11:28am On Oct 05, 2019
cyborg123:

You are blessed. Lagos is a shithole... but you know we Nigerians tend to take pride in the wrong things.
it's a shithole because invaders and intruders made it so all in the name of One useless One Nigeria. Theu've ruined all our lands, they did same to Ibadan now they are ruining Lagos. Reason all invaders and intruders must leave our land alone and return to wherever they come from. Our land isn't part of your Nigeria. We'll forcefully reyurn them home soon if they fail to return willingly and peacefully. And all the same, hope where you come from is better than the place you just called a sh*thole?

1 Like

Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Kapilta(m): 11:31am On Oct 05, 2019
Higgies:
Ehya...
[s]When Sowore eventually become the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria[/s], I will advise him on ten sure ways he can decongest Lagos.
plans are alredy on the way on how to chase away intruders and invaders from our land. They've all come to destroy and ruin our lands all in the name of One Nigeria.

The wave is coming, brace yourself.
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 05, 2019
tyxuyish:
Nawa oo, the fuel go full of water

LOL,underground tanks are designed to be water proof.

1 Like

Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Excuzeme: 11:34am On Oct 05, 2019
OnyeFely:
Lagos is collapsing in our very own eyes, its on lockdown. one guy was trying to defend the gov on twitter saying its all "a teething problem". But is far beyond that, Lagos legs, n hands v broken, i hope it doesnt affect d spinal.

Stop exagerating my friend.
Once rain is too heavy, it is normal to feel the effect in low-lying areas.
it happens all over the world and l am sure you have seen so many, in Europe, America, China, India and other advance economies so Lagos is not an exception.
If you say Lagos is collapsing, broken, .....what will you call that your region of Nigeria? Dead and buried, right? undecided undecided
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Royalfurnitures: 11:34am On Oct 05, 2019
From filling stattion to offshore oil rig.... Lolzzz

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by tojahh(m): 11:36am On Oct 05, 2019
peeps4u:

Anyone that lives comfortably in other less stressful states like osun, ondo ekiti etc will not appreciate the peace of mind he has until he comes to Lagos. Lagosians have made hard life look like a normal life. If you can't learn to run after korope or keke napep, they will tell you that u can't live in Lagos. Someone saw me carrying my son and how he's fond of me, she said my son doesn't know anything that in Lagos he will be on his own when his dad and mum have left early in the morning until late at night. I just said to myself "is this life Lagosians are proud of?"

Oga peeps. Your boy hail o
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by peeps4u: 11:37am On Oct 05, 2019
tojahh:

Oga peeps. Your boy hail o

My oga pilot, stay safe sir
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by cyborg123(m): 11:40am On Oct 05, 2019
Kapilta:
it's a shithole because invaders and intruders made it so all in the name of One useless One Nigeria. Theu've ruined all our lands, they did same to Ibadan now they are ruining Lagos. Reason all invaders and intruders must leave our land alone and return to wherever they come from. Our land isn't part of your Nigeria. We'll forcefully reyurn them home soon if they fail to return willingly and peacefully. And all the same, hope where you come from is better than the place you just called a sh*thole?
The quality of life is better, economy is poorer though.

That said, it is common knowledge that people migrate to places with better economy, so your point on invasion or intrusion is not right in my opinion unless you also consider people travelling out for greener pastures invaders/intruders too.
If the government does not ensure equal opportunity in other states, Lagos will continue to grow worse as population density increases.
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Excuzeme: 11:42am On Oct 05, 2019
peeps4u:

Anyone that lives comfortably in other less stressful states like osun, ondo ekiti etc will not appreciate the peace of mind he has until he comes to Lagos. Lagosians have made hard life look like a normal life. If you can't learn to run after korope or keke napep, they will tell you that u can't live in Lagos. Someone saw me carrying my son and how he's fond of me, she said my son doesn't know anything that in Lagos he will be on his own when his dad and mum have left early in the morning until late at night. I just said to myself "is this life Lagosians are proud of?"

Everything has its Pros and Cons.
- The value of that your property in that backyard state, even when you spend the same amount in building it, is not worth 1/50th of smilar property in Lagos
- A boy of the same age as your Son who grew up in lagos, will sell yor son for 10K, if we leave two of them alone for just one hour. grin
- With much stress comes much revenue! How much does your state make in IGR? How much does your state contribute to Federal Revenue? Yoru state is a learner.
- I am sure we all know how "environment" affects us and who we are. Someone like you is a bush man, going from work to farm cassava grin and it has affected your mentallity! When Lagosians are balling, people like you will just open mouth agape and be asking; Kino'nso (wetin dem dey talk grin ).

Eko 4'Show! Eko 4'Gold!! Eko to'baad gan.
Na jealousy wan kill all you people from rural. farm states. Your Governors come to Lagos every weekend, to enjoy life. if you doubt me, go and ask former Governor Fayose why he always come to Lagos every Thursday evening and goes back on Monday morning. grin grin

They said "Ibo person dreams of going to only two places in his life: Either he goes Abroad or he goes to Lagos.

and you know say Ibo sabi sense well well, he can smell money and business, even in his sleep.
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by olowo1995(m): 11:44am On Oct 05, 2019
tyxuyish:
Nawa oo, the fuel go full of water

Am telling you, I pity those vehicle to buy fuel there though they might have separated it before operations begins coz if nt it will tell on them
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Untainted007: 11:46am On Oct 05, 2019
peeps4u:

Until I got transferred from my place of work to Osun befr I got to knw dat Lagos is hell on it own. Although at first when I received the letter I felt like how do I cope. Bt let me be sincere wit u, even coming to Lagos for visitation to my parents has been somtin else. Cos fresh foods directly from the farmers, spacious rooms, fresh breeze, less noise pollution, wit constant electricity, no traffic, less police on the road, no touts to exploits u and good roads better than Lagos, is wot I've been experiencing since I moved here. But it's good to first stay in Lagos cos it helped me to be smarter than people I encountered here. People here worry less honestly, they open their shops around 9 or 10 then close around 6 or 6.30 in d evening and yet they meet ends meet.
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 05, 2019
shocked
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 05, 2019
shocked
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 05, 2019
Kapilta:
Sha don't come here in December and start creating thread on why igbos go home on xmas
Igbos run that place
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by peeps4u: 11:54am On Oct 05, 2019
Untainted007:

Until I got transferred from my place of work to Osun befr I got to knw dat Lagos is hell on it own. Although at first when I received the letter I felt like how do I cope. Bt let me be sincere wit u, even coming to Lagos for visitation to my parents has been somtin else. Cos fresh foods directly from the farmers, spacious rooms, fresh breeze, less noise pollution, wit constant electricity, no traffic, less police on the road, no touts to exploits u and good roads better than Lagos, is wot I've been experiencing since I moved here. But it's good to first stay in Lagos cos it helped me to be smarter than people I encountered here. People here worry less honestly, they open their shops around 9 or 10 then close around 6 or 6.30 in d evening and yet they meet ends meet.

You understand me
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by AuroraB(f): 12:04pm On Oct 05, 2019
rafhell:
until you and me will stop dumping and throwing anything plastic, bottles etc on roads, canals and drainage.
Please lets change our attitude.

If LAWMA do what's expected of them, this will probably be at the barest minimum.
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 05, 2019
AuroraB:
If LAWMA do what's expected of them, this will probably be at the barest minimum.
That is no excuse for littering.
We are all responsible. So let's play our moral responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2019
so bad
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by mechanics(m): 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2019
Nawa o, someone can even get drowned, it's well.
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by AuroraB(f): 1:07pm On Oct 05, 2019
rafhell:

That is no excuse for littering.
We are all responsible. So let's play our moral responsibility.
By doing...?
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by GTFO(f): 1:24pm On Oct 05, 2019
peeps4u:

Lagosians ehn, even amidst all of that you mentioned above, LAGOSIANS EHN, they are so fvckin PROUD.. as in .. tcheew you dont wanna know.
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Azeez532(m): 1:44pm On Oct 05, 2019
Freemanbobble:
Them go dey build structure anyhow for Nigeria
Thinking say them get money

Them nor know say natural disasters especially flood nor know rich and poor
Na so one eediot for Benin city buy and fill one land when get moat with sand then erect filling station on top because say him get money
I just dey wait for oga flood to do something to the guy
Because oga flood nor dey respect anybody

Guy, why are you beefing the rich? Like wetin, abeg, direct your energy into productive ventures o jare
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Tifunloran: 3:35pm On Oct 05, 2019
Plenty Profit 4 dem
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Jimmyson: 5:04pm On Oct 05, 2019
Afonja and APC media thugs will avoid this trend obviously... But the reverse will be the case if this happens in South South or South East.
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by Legendguru: 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2019
Oh
Re: Filling Station Flooded In Ogba, Lagos After Heavy Downpour (Video) by BabbanBura(m): 5:52am On Nov 10, 2019
adarayz:
" click here"

You too dey like clicks - no so badly u like money so! Easy one at that. Better go and work ya lazy ass and earn decent money with ya sweats!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Witnessed A Terrible Accident In Ogun State / Best Place To Stay In UAE As A Nigerian Tourist Or Immigrant / Tanker Falls On Otedola Bridge, Diesel Gushes Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.