Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your (3282 Views)

Faceid Vs Fingerprint / How Long Does It Take Easybuy To Lock A Defaulter's Phone? / Face ID Vs Fingerprint: Which Is More Secure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by yungfeezyy(m): 4:44am On Oct 06, 2019
With the amount of personal data we keep on our phones, security is essential. Android phones are encrypted by default, and provide multiple methods for locking and unlocking them. Some are more secure, while others more convenient to use.

So we are wondering which is the best secure way to unlock your device?

Pin Code: A PIN code is a simple alternative to a password. A strong PIN code can be difficult to remember, but easier to enter than a password. Android allows PINs of up to 16 digits, which equates to 10 quadrillion combinations.

Pincode phone security
Most people are more likely to choose a four digit PIN which may be difficult to guess so long as you don’t use something obvious like 1234 or 5555.

Pattern Lock: The pattern lock requires you to draw a pattern on a grid of nine dots. You need to join between four and all nine horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. It is easy to use, simple and likely predictable.

pattern lock
Pattern lock is only recommended if you don’t have a fingerprint ID scanner and you dislike Pin codes.

Finger Print ID: Fingerprint sensors are now so common you even get them in many entry-level phones. It has become the preferred unlock method for many. It is fast and secure but fingers are not always position in the right spot. Some phones even support fingerprint gestures.

Password: In my opinion, a randomly generated long password is still the most secure way to lock a phone.. A strong password—or better yet, a passphrase—can be difficult if not impossible to crack, and will ensure your phone and everything on it remains safe.

password
lock your phone
Face ID Recognition: Fast and unlocks your phone with just a glance. Not very secure in its current form.

Which unlock technology do you think is more secure to use and which do you currently use?

https://simplynaija.com/face-id-versus-secret-key-versus-pin-versus-fingerprint-best-way-lock-smartphone/

Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by pat077: 6:01am On Oct 06, 2019
Fingerprint
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Tallesty1(m): 6:25am On Oct 06, 2019
Who do phones insist that you set Pin or Pattern before you can use fingerprint and others? That's a pointer y'know

6 Likes

Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Thecodingslayer: 7:41am On Oct 06, 2019
I think the fingerprint lock is the best. A fingerprint is a form of biometric data which is impossible to hack by any hacker, and it's also really fast all you need to do is place your finger on the scanner for a few milliseconds and you're good to go. So for me fingerprint lock is the way to go. I won't advice using a face lock because it can easily be opened by using a picture, and a random password is quite forgettable also the same case with a strong pin. A passphrase is also secure but it is not a fast method. Some phones also use voice unlock but almost any computer can synthesise voices. The OP said that a password is impossible to crack but I'm very sure an advanced hacker will be able to do it and the same hacker won't be able to hack a fingerprint lock

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Thecodingslayer: 7:46am On Oct 06, 2019
Tallesty1:
Who do phones insist that you set Pin or Pattern before you can use fingerprint and others? That's a pointer y'know
The system insists that because that is the easiest for the system to use. Biometric data is very large compared to others like pincodes and passwords so the system can easily use and maintain the pin, and also because it can be used as a redundant means of opening your device, for instance your sensor could stop working for some reason so you can fall back on your pin or password

1 Like

Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by TUANKU(m): 8:04am On Oct 06, 2019
Thecodingslayer:
I think the fingerprint lock is the best. A fingerprint is a form of biometric data which is impossible to hack by any hacker, and it's also really fast all you need to do is place your finger on the scanner for a few milliseconds and you're good to go. So for me fingerprint lock is the way to go. I won't advice using a face lock because it can easily be opened by using a picture, and a random password is quite forgettable also the same case with a strong pin. A passphrase is also secure but it is not a fast method. Some phones also use voice unlock but almost any computer can synthesise voices. The OP said that a password is impossible to crack but I'm very sure an advanced hacker will be able to do it and the same hacker won't be able to hack a fingerprint lock

While it's highly unlikely it is not impossible to hack fingerprint locks, it was demonstrated at DEFCON in 2017. Nothing is impossible in infosec.
Here's also an article from mashable.
https://mashable.com/2016/03/11/phones-fingerprint-hack/

1 Like

Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Zombiekiller010: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2019
[s][/s]
Thecodingslayer:
someone can use your finger to thumb print your phone while you're sleeping, password is the best as pin can be guessed or unlocked with a master pin code

2 Likes

Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Timileyin1234(m): 9:21am On Oct 06, 2019
Face ID is the best less stress
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Oluwasaeon(m): 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2019
Iris scanner is cool

1 Like

Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Ola17: 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2019
Thecodingslayer:
I think the fingerprint lock is the best. A fingerprint is a form of biometric data which is impossible to hack by any hacker, and it's also really fast all you need to do is place your finger on the scanner for a few milliseconds and you're good to go. So for me fingerprint lock is the way to go.I won't advice using a face lock because it can easily be opened by using a picture , and a random password is quite forgettable also the same case with a strong pin. A passphrase is also secure but it is not a fast method. Some phones also use voice unlock but almost any computer can synthesise voices. The OP said that a password is impossible to crack but I'm very sure an advanced hacker will be able to do it and the same hacker won't be able to hack a fingerprint lock

As per the quote in bold, have you heard of iOS face/iris unlock? It offers higher security than finger print scanner.
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by kingtinnie(m): 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
[s][/s]
someone can use your finger to thumb print your phone while you're sleeping, password is the best as pin can be guessed or unlocked with a master pin code
. I don’t know about other phones but on iPhones except you’re a really deep sleeper the phone won’t unlock and you can’t be forced to open it too
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by drips8(m): 1:28pm On Oct 06, 2019
I'd say the phone's pin.
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Kaybaba5(m): 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
Iris is waohhhh
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by ayteaz(f): 3:48pm On Oct 06, 2019
Timileyin1234:
Which kin face ID?
My sister was able to unlock my phone with her face I just jejely remove the face ID.
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Ejadike(m): 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2019
Fingerprint is the best for me
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Ejadike(m): 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2019
Oluwasaeon:
Iris scanner is cool
Which phone has this?
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Oluwasaeon(m): 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2019
Ejadike:
Which phone has this?
Samsung S8 and beyond. I don't know about other phones
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Timileyin1234(m): 4:03pm On Oct 06, 2019
ayteaz:

Which kin face ID?
My sister was able to unlock my phone with her face I just jejely remove the face ID.
If it is iPhone Face ID. It’s a lie. Are u using iPhone

2 Likes

Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Captiveportal: 5:38pm On Oct 06, 2019
Thecodingslayer:
hacker's can bypass lockscreen of andriod lol dey there
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Captiveportal: 5:40pm On Oct 06, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
[s][/s]
exactly password is the safest but Don't forget that andriod lockscreen can be bypassed with laptop
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Mario1989(m): 5:56pm On Oct 06, 2019
Butt ID
NoQuestions
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Borussia1: 6:00pm On Oct 06, 2019
��This is a paying app that gives you #260
naira for registration and verification.
�registration is free and verification is free.
��it is acceptable to withdarw the #260 naira to you bank account or use it to load credit to your mobile number.
*each referrals gives you extra #250 naira. And you won't be using any fee to register.
��follow the links below to download the app, register and verify the account for free and get #260 naira cash... And refer people to get more bonus cash.

We both get a referral bonus if you join using my link https:///invite/FU2CS

No dull yourself, heaven helps those who help themselves.

Click the link, register your account and get verified, and Starr earning...

Money money money
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by ayteaz(f): 6:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
Timileyin1234:

No infinix
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Timileyin1234(m): 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
ayteaz:

No infinix
Mitchew. That one no b Face ID na. Apple is the king in the Face ID aspect
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Ejadike(m): 6:46pm On Oct 06, 2019
Oluwasaeon:

Samsung S8 and beyond. I don't know about other phones
cool, some Tecno device has it though. Like the Camon 9, 9 pro, Phantom 6 etc
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by skywalker240(m): 6:58pm On Oct 06, 2019
Secuirity ko secuirity ni. Aba boys go still do work with just 1500 grin
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by Ketamine9000mg(m): 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2019
What about direction lock?
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by agent9(m): 8:39pm On Oct 06, 2019
Pattern
Fingerprint
Pin
Face ID

Most secure In that order
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by fredie107(m): 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2019
Timileyin1234:

Security wise is not safe.... Ur look alike can access ur phone
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by logan2(m): 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2019
yungfeezyy:
Android phones are encrypted by default
Op android phones are not encrypted by default, you only given an option to encryte it through the settings menu... Check your facts well before it makes Frontpage
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by logan2(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2019
ayteaz:

Which kin face ID?
this is very common with entry level phones, however such can't be said about iPhones.... They are known to have the best true face id tech
Re: Face ID Vs. Password Vs. PIN Vs. Fingerprint: Which Is The Best Way To Lock Your by logan2(m): 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
Timileyin1234:

definitely not iPhone, I have experienced this on Tecno camon 11,i can actually unlock my friends phone with my face, when i created a thread about it, people (Tecno marketers didn't believe/attacked me)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Needed For Yahoo Messenger On Nokia 5700 / My Nokia 5130c-2 Wont Browse / Just #26,000-2GB RAM,13MP Camera,great Battery-meet Cubot R9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.