Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,490 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria (6687 Views)

This Ghanian Twin Insist They Are Better Than P- Square (photo). / Who Are The Top Ten Most Beautiful Ghollywood/Ghanian Actresses To You? / Who Is The Most Handsome & Hottest Ghanian Actor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 05, 2010
There are strong indications that Ghanaian film makers have decided to sheathe their swords and embrace peace with their Nigerian counterparts.

Recalled that the face-off between Ghanaian movie practitioners and their Nigerian counterparts started few months ago when the former demanded $1,000 from the latter, compelling the latter to rise to the occasion by paying introducing a higher fee for their Ghanaian counterparts.

Inside sources revealed that after series of consultations with Ghanaian film makers, the two countries have agreed to make amends by signing an MoU. The ceremony is billed to take place in Accra soon.

Confirming the development, Actor Guild of Nigeria president, Mr Segun Arinze was recently quoted as saying that plans are far advanced for both parties to have a final decisive meeting either in Lagos or in Accra.

“We are brothers and we will forever remain brothers. It is a free enterprise; we just need to sort a few things out.”Arinze said.

This peace talk followed after a Ghanaian actor, John Dumelo was allegedly arrested in Nigeria a few days ago for refusing to pay a certain amount foreign actors and producers are supposed to pay before they are permitted to act in Nigeria.

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/9547/7/ghanian-film-makers-surrender.html
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 05, 2010
And "surrender" is the best word for them to use?

So disrespectful.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by tkb417(m): 9:02am On Nov 05, 2010
mumus

they'll 'surrender' and hit when they are BIG and STRONG again

our people shoud squeeze the living daylight outta them

rats
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Coolabbie: 9:54am On Nov 05, 2010
Were dey eva big & strong?
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by tkb417(m): 10:29am On Nov 05, 2010
^^^
they thought they were big and strong and could do without us

but reality dawned on them and now they are retracing their steps

Thats a pointer to what they can do if they ever grow bigger than us

i say sabotage them and dont let them grow tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 05, 2010
Fhopp
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by otumfour(m): 11:32am On Nov 05, 2010
SURRENDER grin grin grin grin grin I saw surrender up there and took a look @ tha link and saw it wuz a Nigerian link, how else wud a Nigerian title this, hahahahahaha surrender my arzze lol, tha signs of fearo's tht title sux lmao grin

anotha Ghana bashing thread, SMH, enjoy
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by MrCork26: 11:44am On Nov 05, 2010
arrrha, I use to remeber those: GHANA must GO bags, back in the day grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2010
Coolabbie:

Were dey eva big & strong?

Good question. Were they ever big and strong? This people lack actresses and actors.

Remove : Jackie, Both yvonne's,nadia, majid, van vicker, dumelo,koji, wetin remain again?
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 05, 2010
So the cat and dog race is over abi tongue
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by obyann(f): 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2010
jennykadry:

Good question. Were they ever big and strong? This people lack actresses and actors.

Remove : Jackie, Both yvonne's,nadia, majid, van vicker, dumelo,koji, wetin remain again?

Nothing grin grin grin
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by honeric01(m): 4:01pm On Nov 05, 2010
Make una leave them oo, what did they do to una? abeg free them!
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by eldee(m): 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2010
tkb417:

^^^

Next step should be to put a N1000 tax on the sale of Gollywood movies in Nigeria.
By the time we do that, we'll see if the industry won't die.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by house45: 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2010
House 45 is finally unveiled to the world. Registration starts from the 15th of November 2010. Please go to www.house45.tv
for updates. Remember, its open to only Nigeria and Ghana. Call family
and friends, follow us on facebook, youtube and twitter. House 45
promise to represent the true African concept, who we are and
the decent dating culture and principles that the entire world will
appreciate. This is truly African and lets get together to celebrate our
own. This is 100% entertainment , fun and educative as well. see u
here.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by juman(m): 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2010
We should work together with the Ghanians actors. They are our brothers. We should help them to make their film industry grow.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Vitality31(m): 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2010
^^^^^
For what? they are big big idiots. they feel they have arrived. Nollywood please frustrate them! frustrate them!! frustrate them!!!
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Ranoscky(m): 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2010
I hate seein anything Nollywood or Ghollywood, it turns me off.

And no doubt, this thread would soon be a bashin thread !!!

1 Like

Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 05, 2010
Oh how I love this thread: Even thou I am not a fan of Nollywood / the wannabe Ghashit, I hate this Ghanian wannabes like shit. That's what you get when you tryna point a finger back @ your maker and boss which sure what Nigeria are to Ghana must go Ghanians. Just like someone here said, please Nollywood don't let em grow up KILL THE INDUSTRY. People like wannabe Van Vicka need to be a okada rider dude got no acting talent. I still kinda prefer Majid, and Jack, The two re close family friend and they are cool and talented.

Oh how I hate Ghanians, they can lick your ass just to get what they want from you and trust me as soon as they have got it, they are like Fucck it. IE those mumu forcing guys in NY/Brooklyn, Boston.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by semid4lyfe(m): 5:52pm On Nov 05, 2010
Small pikin Gollywood wey never sabi crawl, na im wan dey gbemu for us.

TF them!
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by DeLaRue: 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2010
eldee:

Next step should be to put a N1000 tax on the sale of Gollywood movies in Nigeria.
By the time we do that, we'll see if the industry won't die.

tkb417:

^^^

with its large population, most reasonable observers would expect Nigeria to have its fair share of idiots, but you two certainly plunge the depth. You exemplify the charater traits most commonly (rightly or wrongly) associated with the average Nigerian - aggressive, uncultured, loud mouth dumbos.

I'm glad the leaders of the Nigerian film industry are sitting down with their Ghanaian counterparts to discuss an amicable grown-up solution, rather than the overly aggressive option that you canvass.

We Nigerians need to realise that we are not as important as we think we are, and using the 'nuclear' option against fellow Africans for the slightest skirmish will only reinforce certain stereotypes.

Yes, we may have gazillion population as some of you often brag, h/ever we should know that Ghana is a country we can & should learn from.

- Its people enjoy a higher standard of living & are on average better educated than we are;
- The country & its democracy is better managed;
- It enjoys widespread respect in international circles - unlike Nigeria; and  
- The people are probably more civilised & cultured than we are.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by fASHCEO(m): 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2010
I hope this is a good move from Nollywood because i don't think Ghanians will accpet such if their movie industry were bigger than ours.

For phones, computers, ipods & other electronics, Check out Sales-Inland with the link below;
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2010
tkb417:

^^^

sun tzu tkb417
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by cold(m): 6:26pm On Nov 05, 2010
DeLaRue:

with its large population, most reasonable observers would expect Nigeria to have its fair share of idiots, but you two certainly plunge the depth. You exemplify the charater traits most commonly (rightly or wrongly) associated with the average Nigerian - aggressive, uncultured, loud mouth dumbos.

I'm glad the leaders of the Nigerian film industry are sitting down with their Ghanaian counterparts to discuss an amicable grown-up solution, rather than the overly aggressive option that you canvass.

We Nigerians need to realise that we are not as important as we think we are, and using the 'nuclear' option against fellow Africans for the slightest skirmish will only reinforce certain stereotypes.

Yes, we may have gazillion population as some of you often brag, h/ever we should know that Ghana is a country we can & should learn from.

- Its people enjoy a higher standard of living & are on average better educated than we are;
- The country & its democracy is better managed;
- It enjoys widespread respect in international circles - unlike Nigeria; and  
- The people are probably more civilised & cultured than we are.

STFU!This impostor trying to come across as a sensible Nigerian.After reading thru this drivel you've just written,i sincerely hope for your sake you're sterile.It wld be disastrous to humanity to have more of your ilk proliferating the earth.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2010
I want to Talk Like Mr CORK

Ugly Ghanaian actresses, Nadia very ugly, I cant even have her for free if u dash me,
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by JUO(m): 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2010
they shoulg charge them pay o
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by EzeUche0(m): 6:58pm On Nov 05, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin

Be easy on Ghanaians, because they know not what they do. lol
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by rasputinn(m): 7:10pm On Nov 05, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

And "surrender" is the best word for them to use?

So disrespectful.

Yes.Surrender is the very apt word to use.Tell me what was the rational behind that stupid brain wave decision they took that elicited the response from nollywood.Do you know any Nigerian that has tried to register a business outfit in Ghana,I'm sure by the time they tell you some anti Nigerian laws and fees newly introduced,which by the way,Nigeria's federal commerce and industries ministry as well as the CAC does not subject their people to such harrowing experiences.Infact Ileke,if you try form pity levels for those ingrates again, I go bulala you
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by johndavid1(m): 8:04pm On Nov 05, 2010
EzeUche0:

grin grin grin grin grin

Be easy on Ghanaians, because they know not what they do. lol
yea  grin grin grin you'r right
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by DeLaRue: 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2010
cold:

STFU!This impostor trying to come across as a sensible Nigerian.After reading thru this drivel you've just written,i sincerely hope for your sake you're sterile.It wld be disastrous to humanity to have more of your ilk proliferating the earth.

Here we go, the empty-headed monosyllabic illiterates are out in force this evening.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^

u are on ur own!!! foolish man!!
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by hackney(m): 8:22pm On Nov 05, 2010
Ghana is about 20 million population and out of that only
about 15,000 can afford to buy any movies.

i wonder how they thought they could flex any muscle with such a
small market.
They just realised their films are not popular in Africa.
Low budget shagfests can only go so far.
Re: Ghanian Film Makers Surrender To Nigeria by Ivynwa(f): 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2010
How did the bible say it again?
"See how good it is for brothers to relate in harmony and unity----"
We should quit hating ourselves in Africa, we are one people. A ghanaian guy once did me one good turn and tried helping me get into a company he worked in, he did not succeed but it was sweet of him. Later on people ganged up on him in that company and he lost the job, went into business and thieves broke into his shop and stole his stuffs.
I recently returned his favour and put in words for him when my manager mentioned needing more hands, the man has been interviewed and by the grace of God will soon start working in the same place as myself. Let love reign! If we were both discriminating and not wanting any good for ourselves because this person is Nigerian and that person is Ghanaian, we will not help ourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latest Ankara Blouse And Wrappers Styles You Can Check Out Now / Slay Queen In Semi Unclad Lingerie, Breastfeeds Her Child On The Street / #BBNaija: Online Voting Polls Massively Favours TBoss; Bassey Evicted!!! (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.