Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,147 members, 7,860,114 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:53 AM

Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija? (1765 Views)

Ben Bruce: I Have 5 Children In BBNaija - Nengi, Trikytee, Erica, Prince, Kidd / KiddWaya & Erica Boobs: Will This Fresh Scandal In BBNaija Be Ignored Again? / Sky News Reports On Khafi Having Sex In BBNaija House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija? by Kapilta(m): 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2019
ChaleeBendel:

Can't remember her state exactly. Ogun or Oyo
ekiti actually. Khafilat Kareem.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija? by Omoboricash(m): 5:04pm On Oct 07, 2019
MelesZenawi:

She is from Ekiti

Diane is Hausa-fulani from kaduna
Sorry no Hausa Fulani in kaduna, the aborigine of kaduna are kaje tribe.
Re: Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 07, 2019
Omoboricash:

Sorry no Hausa Fulani in kaduna, the aborigine of kaduna are kaje tribe.

What do you mean?

Am talking of kaduna, northern state... please.

Not Ekiti or other places.
Re: Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija? by olasaad(f): 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2019
ChaleeBendel:

Check out what culture has cost the north. Incessant fights, bokoharam, Almajiri etc. Would you exchange your tribe for Hausa if you had the chance?

Well so many people are doing so. Go to Abuja and see southerners abandoning their language for Hausa language.
Re: Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija? by MetaPhysical: 5:33pm On Oct 07, 2019
Binikingdowm:
victimized people that we pour all our southern resources to develop? Hausas that have been ruling since and enjoy government monopoly in their business.

They don't value education, they kill using herdsmen,boko haram etc, I don't pity people that don't help themselves

They dont value education, they have bokoharam does not give us in South reason to throw away values and turn show of nu.dity into mainstream enteritainment.

Besides, i dont even know why im speaking for South. Thats where i went wrong....I should be focused on advocating anti-BBN in Yoruba homes.

This is when regional govt will do us good so our govt can filter the show of shame.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija? by Omoboricash(m): 5:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
MelesZenawi:

What do you mean?

Yes the aborigine of kaduna is Kaje not Hausa Fulani.
Re: Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija? by MetaPhysical: 5:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
olasaad:

Well so many people are doing so. Go to Abuja and see southerners abandoning their language for Hausa language.

You are correct!!

I have in my possession a research conducted on the sociology of non-Hausas from South that Hausanized (meaning they Islamized) so they can trade in peace and not be bothered.

Do Hausas coming to South abandon their culture so they can trade in peace? No!

grin.
Western education is nothing but scholarship teaching Western knowledge. My people have turned education itself into a religion and we worship it.

No one cares in North if you have education or not. Some of the people that rule over us were almajiri in their youth. Yes, i mean it! Some of the Presidents or Heads of State from North that have ruled us started as almajiri on streets with bowls in hand and attending madrasahs before fate intervened and they ended up in privilege.

In South if you dont have education you are automatically disqualified from even speaking atvfamily meeting. Not to talk contesting election.

We worship western values, it has become a religion.

How many times you hear of white foreigners maltreating their employees in North? They have factories up there where they hire local Northerners. They might not pay them what they are worth in labor but they will never whip them or slap them or punch them.

In South here...ordinary fwckng Indian will slap us and even threaten to call police to lock us up. ....and they dont pay us well either.

Respect!
Cultural independence and self pride breeds a fear of unknown in your opponents. It restrains them from abusing you...because they dont know what to expect if they do.

But when we act, speak, dress and swag like same buffoon character they see on tv then we are treated as dependents and slapped like dependents. grin

BBN teaches our youths to act and behave with buffoonery and carefree swag. Not good!

grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija? by MetaPhysical: 5:55pm On Oct 07, 2019
Omoboricash:

Yes the aborigine of kaduna is Kaje not Hausa Fulani.

Thanks. Kaje is what I meant for Diane, not Kuje. Sorry. Kuje is Abuja.

Although same Gbagyi people own the ancestral land from Abuja to Kaduna but sub clans exist at different points.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija? by MetaPhysical: 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2019
MelesZenawi:

What do you mean?

Meles,
Are you aware that Lord Lugard is the one that turned Kaduna to Hausa controlled state?

That dude is a basterd!

The first capital of Northern region was Lokoja. They moved it to Kontagora briefly. Finally they moved it to Kaduna.

He robbed the indigenes rights on their land.

Britain took missionaries North but the Fulanis told them they cannot evangelize their faith past the Kataf line. They drew a line for them. So their missionaries succeeded in converting Katafs, Kajes into Christianity but then put the faithfuls of Jesus Christ, who they told are going to heaven by accepting Jesus, under the control of Fulani jihadists.

Not only that...my Yoruba leaders make me very angry sometimes. The symbol of Arewa is Yoruba owned. It is one of the signage of Yoruba dynasty. There are pictures of Yoruba buildings and even of our Obas and Crowns, dating back as far white people began recording film and photograph in Nigeria, on the embroidery you will see the knot....and this is far back into like 1890s Its a knot! You cannot see any picture or film from North or of any Emir with a picture of the knot before 1956.

So how did it become a symbol in North?

West had traditional symbols in different dimensions and artistry.
North had none. According to them Islam forbids symbolization of non-Islamic arts. Bloody Governor McPherson was looking for a symbol, a political totem to give them for representation. He took the Yoruba symbol and gave to them to use. This is how that symbol has stayed with them to date.

I believe Yoruba can reclaim it. But I know my leaders our Omoluabi is fanatical sometimes and they would rather not care.

If i take you to sea and tell in daytime you to point North you should do so correctly. You find where the sun is located at that particular time. Using sun as reference you will find North.

At night time if i ask you to point East, how do you find it? grin

Thats the secret behind that Yoruba knot! grin grin

In Yoruba it is actually called Arewa! Yes, Arewa is in Yoruba language. It denotes the NORTH STAR!
So the knot is one of the articles of covenant from our ancestral history.

At sea, and at night, if you can spot the North Star you can navigate smoothly as if it was daytime...

grin grin
I sit with Elders amd take notes.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija? by Texman21: 6:57pm On Oct 07, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Meles,
Are you aware that Lord Lugard is the one that turned Kaduna to Hausa controlled state?

That dude is a basterd!

The first capital of Northern region was Lokoja. They moved it to Kontagora briefly. Finally they moved it to Kaduna.

Britain took missionaries North but the Fulanis told them they cannot evangelize their faith past the Kataf line. They drew a line for them. So their missionaries succeeded in converting Katafs, Kajes into Christianity but then put the faithfuls of Jesus Christ, who they told are going to heaven by accepting Jesus, under the control of Fulani jihadists.

Not only that...my Yoruba leaders make me very angry sometimes. The symbol of Arewa is Yoruba owned. It is one of the signage of Yoruba dynasty. There are pictures of Yoruba buildings and even of our Obas and Crowns, dating back as far white people began recording film and photograph in Nigeria, on the embroidery you will see the knot....and this is far back into like 1890s Its a knot! You cannot see any picture or film from North or of any Emir with a picture of the knot before 1956.

North had none. According to them Islam forbids symbolization of non-Islamic arts. Bloody Governor McPherson was looking for a symbol, a political totem to give them for representation. He took the Yoruba symbol and gave to them to use. This is how that symbol has stayed with them to date.

I believe Yoruba can reclaim it. But I know my leaders our Omoluabi is fanatical sometimes and they would rather not care.

If i take you to sea and tell in daytime you to point North you should do so correctly. You find where the sun is located at that particular time. Using sun as reference you will find North.

In Yoruba it is actually called Arewa! Yes, Arewa is in Yoruba language. It denotes the NORTH STAR!

At sea, and at night, if you can spot the North Star you can navigate smoothly as if it was daytime...

grin grin
my first time knowing this but i have to ask my elders for our side of the story
Re: Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija? by BroOptimist(m): 7:29pm On Oct 07, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Meles,

That dude is a basterd!

grin grin

The historian of our time �
Re: Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija? by adedayoa2(f): 5:06am On Oct 08, 2019
ChaleeBendel:

Can't remember her state exactly. Ogun or Oyo
ekiti
Re: Why Is There No Hausa/Fulani In BBnaija? by Passionate888: 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
MelesZenawi:

She is from Ekiti

Diane is Hausa-fulani from kaduna
Diane is Hausa-Fulani, I could remember when Fraud called her a 'Malo' and she asked the people of Kaduna to forgive fraud for calling her that..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch And Download Korean Drama "The Atypical Family (2024)" English Subbed / Shame On You Nigeria Look At What Ghollywood Is Doing. . . . / All You Need About New TSTV Decoder That Gives You 20gig Of Data For 3k Monthly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.