Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 (51661 Views)

Nigerian Lady Celebrates Bagging A PhD In Mathematics At 27 (Photos) / About Adegoke Olubummo: Nigeria’s First Professor Of Mathematics / Minimum Requirements Of Becoming A Professor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by Angelfrost(m): 5:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
gwarotango:
So when are you planning on becoming a professor yourself? Till you're 68?

My good sir, I have no academic inclinations as of yet... My path in life is different.
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by nerorex01: 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2019
Who be this one sef

hisexcellency34:
But that doesn't change the fact that Chike Obi is Nigeria's number one mathematician

1 Share

Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2019
thorpido:
Professor at 28yrs or PhD at 28yrs?Na which one?

he got his phd at 28 and became professor at 33

2 Likes

Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by STARKACE(m): 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2019
Canberra55:
I'm igbo. Born and raised in Lagos . Having had my post secondary education at UNIBEN and. A. B. U. ,I laugh hard when I hear people trying to downgrade the level of education in the north like it's 1925, when they've never even had a taste of it. If Fulatan take you MATH341 na
e you go nosay ABOKI AMAKA!!! #WhoNoKnowNoKnow
FULATAN and MATH 341 (THE MOST HARDEST MATH I EVER COME ACROSS) this Nigga really when to ABU, RESPECT MAN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by gwarotango: 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2019
Angelfrost:

My good sir, I have no academic inclinations as of yet... My path in life is different.
Ah! Then next time perhaps you would like to show some respect to those who do
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by Angelfrost(m): 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2019
gwarotango:
Ah! Then next time perhaps you would like to show some respect to those who do

Boss... Did you miss the content and import of my first comment??! I always show complete respect and awe for academics, especially remarkable ones like Prof. Iya Abubakar...
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by Smartwave: 6:16pm On Oct 08, 2019
hisexcellency34:
But that doesn't change the fact that Chike Obi is Nigeria's number one mathematician
envy!!!!!! Igbo style and way of life grin grin
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by Arewa1408: 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2019
hisexcellency34:

Who told you that? I am going to sue you for this. You will pay heavily for lying. Send me your full name and address for the lawsuit.

Note: I will forgive you if you retract your statement and apologise and recite Nigerian national anthem 7 times.
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by freemanonaji(m): 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2019
namaste

Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by urahara(m): 7:08pm On Oct 08, 2019
Northerner Amaka
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:11pm On Oct 08, 2019
meccuno:
They had all these people and Buhari ws the best they could offer?
you no well Buhari contested and won...stop ur stupidity beside Buhari is lettered too except you are deluded
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by HAH: 7:13pm On Oct 08, 2019
Iya Abubakar was a director in CBN from 1972-75 then he became vice Chancellor ABU Zaria from 1975-79

Iya Abubakar had no masters degree due to the high score he had at university college Ibadan and was admitted to PhD straight by Cambridge university

1 Like

Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by Bari22: 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2019
Canberra55:
I'm igbo. Born and raised in Lagos . Having had my post secondary education at UNIBEN and. A. B. U. ,I laugh hard when I hear people trying to downgrade the level of education in the north like it's 1925, when they've never even had a taste of it. If Fulatan take you MATH341 na
e you go nosay ABOKI AMAKA!!! #WhoNoKnowNoKnow

Dr Fulatan of ABU Zaria ba?

1 Like

Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by sheubaba2013: 7:48pm On Oct 08, 2019
Igi iwe

Osisi akukwo

The tree of book
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by lokzie: 7:52pm On Oct 08, 2019
Pardon me, I think the point should be that we need visionary and competent leaders now more than ever. Regardless of tribal or political sentiments, Nigeria as it is today, is toying with its future on so many levels. Now more than ever, we need patriotic, competent, selfless and visionary leaders to steer us, as a nation, first out of poverty, secondly towards a deliberate future position. These current crop of leaders don’t cut it, time is not waiting for anyone, young teenagers of today will be competing for relevance in a world that depends less on oil. When people start to love themselves more than politicians from their tribe or political parties, we would begin to see that the love for anyone politician isn’t worth the destruction of your future or those of your young or future children.
If I needed it, I would gladly pay school fees to be tutored under Prof Iya Abubakar because he has proven to be competent in Mathematics, I would not necessarily be acting wise if I chose someone who say, is an accomplished musician for the same thing unless of course he/she is equally competent in Mathematics. My point is when things are free, we can choose to be less rational about our choices, however I think the future of the country is very valuable, certainly not cheap, so please let us set love for the country, love for ourselves and our children above blind love for our politicians whoever it is.
OGHENAOGIE:
you no well Buhari contested and won...stop ur stupidity beside Buhari is lettered too except you are deluded
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by mechanics(m): 7:54pm On Oct 08, 2019
Professor emeritus.
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by meccuno: 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
i wont be surprised cheesy if you are an afonja. thats a good boy defend your masters. fvcking slave grin
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by meccuno: 8:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
lokzie:
Pardon me, I think the point should be that we need visionary and competent leaders now more than ever. Regardless of tribal or political sentiments, Nigeria as it is today, is toying with its future on so many levels. Now more than ever, we need patriotic, competent, selfless and visionary leaders to steer us, as a nation, first out of poverty, secondly towards a deliberate future position. These current crop of leaders don’t cut it, time is not waiting for anyone, young teenagers of today will be competing for relevance in a world that depends less on oil. When people start to love themselves more than politicians from their tribe or political parties, we would begin to see that the love for anyone politician isn’t worth the destruction of your future or those of your young or future children.
If I needed it, I would gladly pay school fees to be tutored under Prof Iya Abubakar because he has proven to be competent in Mathematics, I would not necessarily be acting wise if I chose someone who say, is an accomplished musician for the same thing unless of course he/she is equally competent in Mathematics. My point is when things are free, we can choose to be less rational about our choices, however I think the future of the country is very valuable, certainly not cheap, so please let us set love for the country, love for ourselves and our children above blind love for our politicians whoever it is.
dont mind the insane monkey. i guess all he has to show is his primary school certificate.
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by Canberra55: 8:20pm On Oct 08, 2019
Bari22:

Dr Fulatan of ABU Zaria ba?

Yesoo
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by Canberra55: 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2019
STARKACE:
FULATAN and MATH 341 (THE MOST HARDEST MATH I EVER COME ACROSS) this Nigga really when to ABU, RESPECT MAN.
yes boss

1 Like

Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by Canberra55: 8:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
alfarouq:

You sabi fulatan wella. What of backhouse?

Baxkhouse na another badass lecturer . But e blood too dey hot.
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by lokzie: 9:33pm On Oct 08, 2019
@Mecunno, He/she isn’t a monkey. You can disagree respectfully, but there’s no need to call anyone names. Let’s start trying to focus on issues not individuals.
@Oghenaogie, please leave it as it is and do not retaliate with an insult as well.
I want to be an agent for positive change not one that breeds quarrel or insults amongst people.
meccuno:
dont mind the insane monkey. i guess all he has to show is his primary school certificate.
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by tpraiz(m): 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2019
Canberra55:
I'm igbo. Born and raised in Lagos . Having had my post secondary education at UNIBEN and. A. B. U. , I laugh hard when I hear people from other Nigerian regions trying to downgrade the level of education in the north like it's 1925, when they've never even had a taste of it. If FULATAN take you MATH341 , after your brain done scatter into pieces , na that time you go nosay ABOKI AMAKA !!! #WhoNoKnowNoKnow

Baba you confirm abusite!!

I duff cap for you jare!

1 Like

Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by meccuno: 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2019
lokzie:
@Mecunno, He/she isn’t a monkey. You can disagree respectfully, but there’s no need to call anyone names. Let’s start trying to focus on issues not individuals.
@Oghenaogie, please leave it as it is and do not retaliate with an insult as well.
I want to be an agent for positive change not one that breeds quarrel or insults amongst people.
please go through his post and see who started the insults. Whenever I speak that way the same way has been spoken to me. I am not crazy
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by Canberra55: 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2019
tpraiz:

Baba you confirm abusite!!

I duff cap for you jare!

Nagode baba.

1 Like

Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 08, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

Aboki!!! Amaka!!!

i wonder why northerners aint deploying these geniuses to National politics(President or Vice) so that he can be benefitial to the whole country

Yaradua a physics lecturer still remains one of the best Northern President ever

One of the best? How many are good?
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2019
meccuno:
i wont be surprised cheesy if you are an afonja. thats a good boy defend your masters. fvcking slave grin
see how myopic you are everything is tribe to u...thats why u must mentioned Buhari name if u ain't idiotic u would know pmb went to defence academy...studied in UK and US obtaining equivalent of msc degree in strategic and war studies...
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2019
lokzie:
can't they go a day without mentioning Buhari... his thinking shows he is bereft of logic
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by Burgerlomo: 1:26am On Oct 09, 2019
Congratulations cool
Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by juman(m): 2:32am On Oct 09, 2019
The generation that failed nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by meccuno: 8:56am On Oct 09, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
see how myopic you are everything is tribe to u...thats why u must mentioned Buhari name if u ain't idiotic u would know pmb went to defence academy...studied in UK and US obtaining equivalent of msc degree in strategic and war studies...
they started awarding msc in the year 2000. Baba stop lying abeg.moreover you don't run an msc programme in less than 6 months.so now I know you are officially an ignorant brainless zombie. grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Iya Abubakar Who Became A Professor Of Mathematics At 28 by Omoejigbahe(m): 10:27am On Oct 09, 2019
SillyeRabbit:
Hausas no brilliant... Hausas no brilliant. Alright.

Just one out of about 80m of them, i schooled in the north, an average hausa/fulani student is very very dull.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Commences Indefinite Nationwide Strike / Did You Regret Going For Masters Abroad? / 500-Level UNIBEN Student Shot Dead Inside School Premises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.