Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,593 members, 7,823,580 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? (6445 Views)

Is Xiaomi Redmi Phones Good? / Are Cell Phones Becoming More Popular Than Toilets? The Data Says Yes! / Huawei And Oppo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Contumely: 7:37am On Oct 10, 2019
Ssmsung is 1st in the world Huawei 3rd Xiomi 6th

So why?
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Contumely: 7:40am On Oct 10, 2019
genius43, acekid109, GrandMufti
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Contumely: 7:40am On Oct 10, 2019
misstechy mizik
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Yakade(m): 7:47am On Oct 10, 2019
Contumely:
Ssmsung is 1st in the world Huawei 3rd Xiomi 6th

So why?
xiaomi is the future and the future begins now....

24 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by khallebb(m): 7:53am On Oct 10, 2019
Xiaomi ni, Xiaoyou kor

10 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:12am On Oct 10, 2019
khallebb:
Xiaomi ni, Xiaoyou kor
grin
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Jake420: 8:35am On Oct 10, 2019
Lol it's just because it has cheaper mid-range in Nigeria.
In india the m30s is a killer with it's processor beating every snapdragon 600 series not the 700 sha, it's 48mp is better than redmi's.its cheaper than the note 8 pro.
It's the most reigning phone in mid-range India but will not come to Nigeria 6000mah we will miss.
Anyway more people buy rn7 to rn4 before Samsung brought real good mid-range here which are still more expensive.
The a50 has exynos 9610 better than all the sd600 series in redmi (without 8 pro) but it's 90k which is too expensive

1 Like

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Jake420: 8:39am On Oct 10, 2019
But let's be real in quality xiaomi will never reach Samsung.
None of their phones have water resistance even the 2800$ concept mi mix alpha, but the s11 is coming with a spectrometer, a 5* optical zoom better than any you've seen so far because it might use variable or liquid lens, it's exynos is gonna match snapdragon 865 because of new architecture.
It's gonna be the best all-rounder next year.
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by abumeinben(m): 9:38am On Oct 10, 2019
Xiaomi is the iPhone of China, but with premium features at affordable moni.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by xtervaganza(m): 10:08am On Oct 10, 2019
Too many nonsense on this site.

Don't be fooled by the hordes of xiaomi zombies littering thus site. Nigerians and Nairalanders still use Samsung much more than xiaomi.

Everywhere in Nigeria you will come across 100 Samsung phones before you'll see one xiaomi

14 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by genius43(m): 10:11am On Oct 10, 2019
Jake420:
Lol it's just because it has cheaper mid-range in Nigeria.
In india the m30s is a killer with it's processor beating every snapdragon 600 series not the 700 sha, it's 48mp is better than redmi's.its cheaper than the note 8 pro.
It's the most reigning phone in mid-range India but will not come to Nigeria 6000mah we will miss.
Anyway more people buy rn7 to rn4 before Samsung brought real good mid-range here which are still more expensive.
The a50 has exynos 9610 better than all the sd600 series in redmi (without 8 pro) but it's 90k which is too expensive
I beg to differ on some of your point

The base price of the M30s and RN8 Pro is basically the same at least until it is launched in India then we can compare price. NB The M series are meant for the Indian market...

Samsung A series came to Nigeria before Xiaomi officially entered into the Nigerian market.

Samsung made the sensors for RN7, RN8 and RN8 PRO only the RN7 Pro makes use of the current best 48Mp sensor Sony IMX 586.

The RN7 PRO camera beats the M30s camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bsNGIKrZ74

9 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by genius43(m): 10:16am On Oct 10, 2019
Jake420:
None of their phones have water resistance even the 2800$ concept mi mix alpha, but the s11 is coming with a spectrometer, a 5* optical zoom better than any you've seen so far because it might use variable or liquid lens, it's exynos is gonna match snapdragon 865 because of new architecture.

I laugh, the teardown of the Redmi K20 Pro by Jerryrigeverything showed waterproofing on the phone even if it wasn't stated. They don't pay for certification for IP rating doesn't mean it is not present.

Exynos can't meet up with Snapdragon thanks to the way they arrange their cores and even Samsung confirmed it. If the Huawei Kirin 990 couldn't beat the SD 855+, the next exynos we struggle to meet or pass the 855+ self.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Contumely: 10:28am On Oct 10, 2019
chester48
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by seanwilliam(m): 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2019
i discover 3 or 4 days ago(sunday night) that a guy is here with 12 monikers (i stopped taking them serious since then)just to post on every thread on phone section and win any argument in favor of xiaomi. in short, most xiaomites here are sponsored. xiaomi, in all round, is an insult to samsung but a compliment and complement to huawei.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by foolbuster: 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2019
Contumely:
Ssmsung is 1st in the world
Huawei 3rd
Xiomi 6th

So why?

Leave story, the long and short answer is because thats what most of the peeps here use along with other unknown generic chinese phone brands. Reason being they canot afford the samsung, huawei or ios phones. They blame the economy.

All the noise they make here in favour of their product is to justify their choice and console themselves, only 1% have a solid reason for their choice, the rest 99% is because of finance simple.
If they had the cash to spare they will not hype and buy xiaomi.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by ArticleBeast: 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2019
There are Xiaomi marketers with over 10 monickers each. Most Samsung users are not that jobless to be littering public forums with useless arguments and comparisons

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by nnoli90: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2019
ArticleBeast:
There are Xiaomi marketers with over 10 monickers each. Most Samsung users are not that jobless to be littering public forums with useless arguments and comparisons
Bleep u guy
go tell ur Gramma that
Xiaomi rules

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 10, 2019
Jake420:
You feel xiaomi don't Kno how to waterproof phones then take it to IP rating?
Or that the can't also get the 5x periscope camera?
Or the liquid lense?
865 is it proprietary? Don't you see that mi9 uses 855 just as S11? And mi9 was among the first phones to come with 855?
The liquid lense you are shouting, I bet you Samsung won't use. If liquid lense is to come to smartphone realm then expect it from Huawei first.
The 5x periscope sef Huawei has it. So if I ask? Apart from the display, what the big deal about Samsung?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by 2kurupt(m): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2019
Jake420:

You know this because you've handled and used a Xiaomi device?

Since when did water resistance become the yardstick to know the quality of a phone? Aside putting seals around openings & an IP rating what more is special about water resistance?

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by 2kurupt(m): 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2019
seanwilliam:
i discover 3 or 4 days ago(sunday night) that a guy is here with 12 monikers (i stopped taking them serious since then)just to post on every thread on phone section and win any argument in favor of xiaomi. in short, most xiaomites here are sponsored. xiaomi, in all round, is an insult to samsung but a compliment and complement to huawei.

12 monikers!? Haba that's one heck of an exaggeration.

FYI the Xiaomi thread has been in existence and booming with support long before Xiaomi dreamt of setting up shop in Nigeria.

It marvels you that people can show love & support for something without financial inducement and that's why you think the thread is being sponsored right? The keyword is "value for money".

We that use Xiaomi refuse to be exploited in the name of big name, when our papa no get shares for those companies.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by 2kurupt(m): 2:25pm On Oct 10, 2019
foolbuster:

L.

So in your little mind the cost of your smartphone is what shows that you've arrived?

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2019
Contumely:
Ssmsung is 1st in the world
Huawei 3rd
Xiomi 6th

So why?
Actually Huawei is 2nd not 3rd

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by foolbuster: 2:46pm On Oct 10, 2019
2kurupt:

So in your little mind the cost of your smartphone is what shows that you've arrived?

Seems like i struck a cord wink, you obviously fall into the category of the 99% i talked about. Its either that or you simply cant read.

There is no other reason you will completely start talking offpoint.
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by 2kurupt(m): 2:53pm On Oct 10, 2019
foolbuster:

Seems like i struck a cord wink, you obviously fall into the category of the 99% i talked about. Its either that or you simply cant read.

You wish you could strike an imaginary cord. Not everybody is superficial in reasoning like you.

Now go play with your London used device

10 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Offpoint: 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
foolbuster:

My name is offpoint sir

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by ArticleBeast: 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2019
nnoli90:

Bleep u guy
go tell ur Gramma that
Xiaomi rules
It is Grandma or Granny or Grandmother. I wish you could say this to my face.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by foolbuster: 3:22pm On Oct 10, 2019
2kurupt:

You wish you could strike an imaginary cord. Not everybody is superficial in reasoning like you.

Now go play with your London used device

Wow !! you have a serious inferiority complex problem dude, seriously. No offence.

Your first reply out of nowhere and completely unrelated to my post. That i think cost of phones show i have arrived. really? Is that how you console yourself?
Now its london used phone. See, You need to upgrade your thinking bro.
There are actually people that buy high end brands without stress. They are better too.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by 2kurupt(m): 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
foolbuster:

Wow !! you have a serious inferiority complex problem dude, seriously. No offence.

Your first reply out of nowhere and completely unrelated to my post. That i think cost of phones show i have arrived. really? Is that how you console yourself?
Now its london used phone. See, You need to upgrade your thinking bro.
There are actually people that buy high end brands without stress. They are better too.

Lol, see who's talking about complex cheesy

I know your type. Empty, depressed souls finding solace in mundane things. It's your type that will use their life savings or school fees to buy a gadget with the hope of peppering others.

Sorry to burst your bubble, NOBODY gives a rat's azz what device you're using or it's cost because everybody is trying to live thier lives.

FYI peeps that shell out their hard-earned money to buy "tear rubber" high-end smartphones have no time to be making noise on online forums, unlike London used device patrons like you.

Better grow up boy

15 Likes

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by foolbuster: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
2kurupt:

Lol, see who's talking about complex cheesy

I know your type. Empty, depressed souls finding solace in mundane things. It's your type that will use their life savings or school fees to buy a gadget with the hope of peppering others.

Sorry to burst your bubble, NOBODY gives a rat's azz what device you're using or it's cost because everybody is trying to live thier lives.

FYI peeps that shell out their hard-earned money to buy "tear rubber" high-end smartphones have no time to be making noise on online forums, unlike London used device patrons like you.

Better grow up boy

Lolz. So much anger. And now its about the cost of what device i am using. Kai ! Poverty is a bastard. Dont worry bro it will be well. Cheers.
Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Bossman(m): 4:01pm On Oct 10, 2019
I have the Xiaomi Mi mix 2 Global and the Galaxy A50, using them on AT&T here int he USA. I swap between both every month or so. One word, I always look forward to it when it's time to switch back to my Mi Mix 2. Of course, it's a more advanced device and a bit more expensive. May be not an equal comparison, because the Xiaomi is just better in so many ways.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by 2kurupt(m): 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
foolbuster:

Lolz. So much anger. And now its about the cost of what device i am using. Kai ! Poverty is a bastard. Dont worry bro it will be well. Cheers.

Funny how anybody can form to be anything on social media, even job seeker can claim billionaire.

Your inclination to look down on users of less expensive phones & be shouting poverty has actually exposed how penury has dealt with you.

Last word: grow up boy

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? by Kaydeexotic(m): 5:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
Offpoint:

My name is offpoint sir

Just as I expected cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nokia E72 Vs E71 Which Is Better / Please Help! My Sim Card Is Virus Infected.(commwarrior) / TECNO To Hold Its Annual Flagship Product Launch Event In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.