Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Opus Dei. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opus Dei. (4186 Views)

Any Current/former Opus Dei Here? / Looking For Opus Christi Cum Maria Official Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opus Dei. by heyma: 12:41am On May 20, 2007
What do you know about Opus Dei in Nigeria?
Re: Opus Dei. by heyma: 12:58pm On May 20, 2007
Guys, over ten post and no one know/no post.

Have you watched the movie, Da Vinci Code; It's got a book too.

The Opus Dei are supposed to be holders of the "secret of life". I met a couple on Campus back then and gosh their attitude radiates that of someone with the secret of life.

Their locations are "secret"/unassuming and I know they certainly exist in Nigeria.
Re: Opus Dei. by TellyB(m): 2:49pm On May 20, 2007
Yea, but we don't know - especially as their locations are "secret"/unassuming. undecided

I would really be interested in what can be shared, at least you knew that much already! grin
Re: Opus Dei. by heyma: 4:43pm On May 20, 2007
As I earlier mentioned I met a few, also seen the movie the Da Vinci Code and book; and all these sources give only a small insight of the whole deal, therefore I want to know if anyone knows or has experiences in Nigeria.

As to their secrecy, I know generally key activities are on/around campuses world-wide and it's speculated some of the other members are influential people in the society of their respective countries.

No one has any Knowledge about Opus Dei in Nigeria?
Re: Opus Dei. by TellyB(m): 5:31pm On May 20, 2007
@heyma,

heyma:

No one has any Knowledge about Opus Dei in Nigeria?

Well, I really don't know. From the saved links in my fav folder, these are what I could find:

# Opus Dei Social initiatives in Nigeria  http://www.opusdei.us/art.php?p=1700

# Opus dei in Nigeria (including History, Government and Apostolic Initiatives)
          http://www.opusdei.org.ng/sec.php?s=202

# General Highlight of What Opus Dei Stands For:
          (a)  http://www.ideasrapidas.org/opusdeii.htm
          (b)  http://www.escrivaworks.org/book/conversations-chapter-3.htm

# News Items of African Faithfuls of Opus Dei:
          http://en.romana.org/?s=3.7&n=35&ID=1

# Audio Stream on Opus Dei and the Pope (I found it interesting listening):
         http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4576620

I have the hunch that you might already have come across all these links. All these same, I have no firsthand experience about the Opus Dei presence in Nigeria.

Cheers.
Re: Opus Dei. by Pain(m): 5:56pm On May 20, 2007
Theres nothing "Secret" about Opus Dei.

Lets Stop All This Da Vinci Conspiracy Theory Stuff.

Its Fiction. Opus Dei Is Just Another Christian Confraternity. Thats All.

2 Likes

Re: Opus Dei. by heyma: 8:31pm On May 20, 2007
Pain:

Opus Dei Is Just Another Christian Confraternity. Thats All.

Gosh, this sounds sooo like that's not all.There seem to be something added.
Re: Opus Dei. by donjohano(m): 11:01pm On May 20, 2007
Opus Dei is respnsible for establishing Lagos Business School.
Re: Opus Dei. by Iman3(m): 4:57pm On May 22, 2007
Opus Dei,nothing special about it.My brother is in it.When you start taking lessons from a fictional novel,that is what can really worrying

1 Like

Re: Opus Dei. by heyma: 5:10pm On May 22, 2007
I-man:

Opus Dei,nothing special about it.My brother is in it.When you start taking lessons from a fictional novel,that is what can really worrying

Dude, sounds interesting. You know, fiction is more like opposite or reality right. You mean these guys don't have anything they see in this life that we/some/others don't.

So I-man do you know their locations in nigeria? apart form where your brother is. Which location is your brother; Should be on/around a campus right?
Re: Opus Dei. by Iman3(m): 5:19pm On May 22, 2007
heyma:

Dude, sounds interesting. You know, fiction is more like opposite or reality right. You mean these guys don't have anything they see in this life that we/some/others don't.

Sure,they see dead people. Sorry to dissapoint you but there is nothing special about them.

I know there is an Opus Dei centre that was just off my Campus
Re: Opus Dei. by heyma: 6:46pm On May 22, 2007
I-man:

Sure,they see dead people.

right.

which campus was that if I may ask.
Re: Opus Dei. by Iman3(m): 6:48pm On May 22, 2007
heyma:

right.

which campus was that if I may ask.

If you come out of UNEC in Enugu,cross over the road,you will find Opus Dei
Re: Opus Dei. by heyma: 6:58pm On May 22, 2007
Interesting one
Re: Opus Dei. by Moreti(m): 5:31am On May 23, 2007
There is nothing wrong with Opus Dei! Stop all this rumours, try and get facts about stuff before jumping into bad conclusions. Da vinci code is a movie and is acted based on research from which conclusions was made, this guys are out to make money and gain popularity, and we should not encourage religious rumours and lies, opus dei is everywhere and there are not secretive, if they are, the last place they will be will be on campuses, is a church unit, and if you feel they are devils, aproach them and ask them to give thier lives to Christ and you will be doing a lot of good than just speculating and giving yourself headache. undecided

Imagine a christain going to a mosque on friday and saying that all what christains do are all false and that christ did not die, and rise after 3 days and all we do is a waste of time. the muslims will surely embrace him and publish books based on his/her story and make it public and at the same time, he will be rewarded with a free trip to mecca every year and dine and wine with the king of saudi, and much more.

So lets be careful what we say and write because no one was born bad, we are all creatures of God, and God loves us equally, nobody is superior, lets love one another and be understanding, irrespective of religious affiliations.

When we were born we did not know, we were only told how, and up to the age of 4 we are not aware of our ourselves and surroundings, when and how we would die we do not know, but we are always keen to judge and condemn others, forgeting that we are all human beings, capable of making mistakes.

Let us be more understanding, bearing in mind that we are all inmates in this world, were all the inmates are on death row, and everyday we wake up alive, means we are a step closer to our graves. wink

1 Like

Re: Opus Dei. by thesilent1(m): 11:13am On May 23, 2007
were all the inmates are on death row, and everyday we wake up alive, means we are a step closer to our graves.

sorry, but i have to say i do not agree with this.

Peace!
Re: Opus Dei. by TellyB(m): 11:58am On May 23, 2007
Hmmm? Everyone in prison necessarily is on death row??
Re: Opus Dei. by KasaMary: 8:50am On May 04, 2011
There's NOTHING secret about Opus Dei. Information abound on it on the Internet.

You may also wish to visit any of their centers here in Nigeria and see how they can benefit you.

I have personally encountered them and I can tell you from personal expeirience that it is just wonderful being/doing Opus Dei.
You can me on 08039489046 and I can take/direct you to any center close to you.
Re: Opus Dei. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:18pm On May 04, 2011
If you are in LBS lagos, you can ask Prof. Doyin Salami or Pat Utomi dem be members grin
Re: Opus Dei. by scholag(f): 9:26pm On Mar 19, 2017
Experienced their gathering for the first time... Honestly, it's harmless. On the contrary, it forms one to be like Christ in action and thought. Staying holy even at workplaces and wherever. Opus dei is God's work and God's work is love, care, sharing, trusting, etc

(1) (Reply)

Please, We Atheists Need Religious Translations! / What Is Your Own Definition Of God's Goodness? / How Bishop Oyedepo, Winners Chapel Raise The Dead On Easter Sunday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.