Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) (24879 Views)

Commuters Stranded As Flood Takes Over Obafemi Awolowo Way In Ikeja, Lagos / Flood Takes Over Okota Area In Lagos (photos) / Flood Takes Over Oshodi-apapa Expressway (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by AhlexOfficial(m): 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2019
Flood which ravaged Igbokoda community, Ilaje local government area of Ondo State has forced many residents to vacate their houses, even as they lost many properties.

Some of the residents are now living with their friends and relatives outside Igbokoda because of the ordeal.

GistaBlog.Com gathered that the flood was as a result of lack of drainages, blocked drainages, and poor or swallow drainages that could not cope with intense rainfall in some areas.

In an interview with one of the major stakeholders of the community, he called on both the federal and state government to come to their aid stressing that the people of Igbokoda had suffered much due to the issue of flood.

Also in an interview with one of the displaced persons, Mr. Olawole Taiwo, he attributed the development to blocked drainages and shallow gutters.

He therefore advised residents to stop dumping refuse into the drainages in order to curb the menace.

He said over 150 tenants have all vacated their buildings, while business operators have escaped due to the activities of the flood. He called on both federal and state government to come to their aid.

One of those affected by the flood also lamented that all his documents and properties were almost destroyed by the flood.

He said the flood swept into his house at about 11.00pm in the night, but he managed to escape to another place. He stressed that the community has never experienced such level flooding before, and there is need for urgent government intervention.

Earlier this week, it was also reported that a heavy rainfall of over 8 hours yesterday claimed the life of a final year student of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba, Akoko Southwest local government.

Sources said the deceased simply called ‘Doyin’, an Indigene of Ekiti state, was swept away to an unknown destination by heavy flood from a canal very close to her residence in the town and till now her body is yet to be recovered.

Source: https://www.gistablog.com/2019/10/flood-takes-over-igbokoda-community-in.html

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by AhlexOfficial(m): 4:53pm On Oct 10, 2019

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by murphyola: 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2019
God have mercy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
Frodd i thought, i be wan say wey esther?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by Onyeedum(m): 7:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
Flood is a terrible thing, very big trial period for farmers in Anambra east and west.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by Peejayx01(m): 7:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
The rate at which rain is falling these days ehn, it shows the unquestionable power of God

14 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by RealLordZeus(m): 7:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
Make we no lie, this year rain is something else, it's just as if the rain is competing for first position today

6 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by Kidlecturer19: 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2019
Almost same thing happening here@ajah
Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by Sabadon(m): 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2019
g
Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by seanswitch(m): 7:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
I think we should all accept that the earth we used to know is Changing. I fear for the earth by 2100

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
The guy on top that wood is he sleeping?

Or is the flood not his business?

That's the predicament of many media warriors on nairaland now..

Sorry....ondo People

Aketi pls do something...I am pained.. seriously

2 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by Onyi90(m): 7:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
What a mess
Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by tuvade: 7:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
Forgiveness is what we ask for ��

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by nicepoker101(m): 7:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
We are the children of nature. We shouldn't fear it's elements grin
Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by obi4eze(m): 7:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
angry
Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by GREATESTPIANIST: 7:59pm On Oct 10, 2019
Ooooooops, I was thinking -- Frodd overtakes ondo.......... grin grin BB Naija, see what you have done to me cool

2 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by EXOUSIAng: 7:59pm On Oct 10, 2019
Dude in the second picture is a genius
Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by StrikeBack(m): 7:59pm On Oct 10, 2019
Who says we can't host an Olympic competition.
Ondo boys high school stadium
Ilaje water ways
St Monica field
Ondo town stadium
Adeyemi stadium
Igbokoda Olympic size swimming pool.

IAAF we are ready ooo

Ondo 2099

8 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by Sicilyjoe: 8:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
OK I think say na frood of bbnaija

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by AgentNairaland(f): 8:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
They Should Appease The Mermaid To Avert Another Disaster I See Coming Again By Next Week
Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by Flexherbal(m): 8:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
These are some of the things government should be doing with tax payers money.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
Why are they complaining, I thought they live on water out there...
Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by Amstupid(m): 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
D flood get them like this >>>>

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by Solomon8144: 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
Flood is taking over all south west for real lol that region sef too dey very backward.

If no be Lagos ehn lol.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by marvin906(m): 8:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
my village na only God know.who those people offend too many problems with that place

Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by ostechno(m): 8:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
Nigeria in 2020, how would it be
Re: Flood Takes Over Igbokoda In Ondo (Photos) by Ameboperoo(m): 8:06pm On Oct 10, 2019
That's my place of primary assignment in those days

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire Guts Petrol Tanker, Stationary Trucks In Mile 2, Lagos / Solving Erosion Problems In Anambra State - Photos / Amnesty International Issues Travel Warning To Travelers & Visitors To The U.S.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.