Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice (13827 Views)

Life Of Diego Maradona: 1960 - 2020, As Fans Mourn Across The World (Pictures) / Romelu Lukaku Scores 50th Goal, Becomes Belgium All-time Goalscorer (photos) / Lukaku Scores On His Inter Milan Serie A Debut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by ogbiwa: 5:59am On Oct 11, 2019
Belgium became the first team to qualify for Euro 2020 as Romelu Lukaku scored twice in a 9-0 thrashing of San Marino.

Roberto Martinez' side have an unassailable 11-point lead over third-place Cyprus in Group I.

Belgium led 6-0 at the break after Lukaku's brace, two own goals and Nacer Chadli and Youri Tielemans' strikes.

Christian Benteke made it 7-0 before Yari Verschaeren scored a penalty and Timothy Castagne wrapped up the win.

Lukaku's double takes his international tally to 51 and makes him the first player to score 50 goals for Belgium.

The Inter Milan striker has six goals in 10 games for club and country this season.

Meanwhile, Russia look set to join Belgium in progressing from Group I as they strengthened their position in second place with a 4-0 win against Scotland.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50003279

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by Nbotee(m): 6:05am On Oct 11, 2019
Waiting for some Man Utd fans to start running their mouth as usual.. D same fans who rightfully bad mouthed him into leaving.. Some players perform beta in other environments becos d environment dey were doesn't favour dem or d team. Depay was bad for United but turned out beta for Lyon, same goes for Di Maria and Daley Blind. Stop blaming d coach for selling him, he was right to let him go. D club was only wrong in not signing anoda striker

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by KingAzubuike(f): 6:13am On Oct 11, 2019
It's their golden generation. Let them enjoy it while it lasts because they'll never have an assembly of talents again. Brazil had theirs, England , Italy, Holland and even our own Ivory coast had theirs too. It happens to every country and you can only enjoy it while it lasts.

42 Likes

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by Sixaxis: 6:13am On Oct 11, 2019
Lukaku ma niggy!!�

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by chinavs9ja(m): 6:13am On Oct 11, 2019
Congrats! Tomorrow make I prepare to trash Brazil...

I will design your professional Website...Check my signature
Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by emeijeh(m): 6:13am On Oct 11, 2019
And my stupid Man united offloaded him, just like that.

Ole gunner ganja must be out of ideas and confused.

11 Likes

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by realestniggah: 6:14am On Oct 11, 2019
Same lukaku that was suppodely finished at Manchester united.

Now we have to depend on trash Ford and lingard.

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by Criticaltemp: 6:14am On Oct 11, 2019
But what really happened when this guy was in man u.. Sha, that club can kill someone's carrier ehh.. C Mata, c matic, c pogba. These guys were best at forms, immediately they went to man u, they became upcoming players... What really happened?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by daddytime(m): 6:15am On Oct 11, 2019
Man. United needs to re-sign him and place him on a £1M a week salary.
Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by sylve11: 6:15am On Oct 11, 2019
Make i hold my temper make i nor go swear for OLE this kinda early day. angry

Bless your soul Lukaku! kiss cool

1 Like

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by XploreLife(m): 6:15am On Oct 11, 2019
G
Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by Madibah(m): 6:15am On Oct 11, 2019
Chaii.that lukaku jersey ehn..
Na 6yards them go take sew am

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by monichannel: 6:16am On Oct 11, 2019
Very wicked game. 9-0 to your fellow men. Belgium gat no joy.

Ball possession 87:13 ;(

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by Tedsart(m): 6:18am On Oct 11, 2019
It is sad, MUFC's management were not thinking right on Lukaku.It is sad, MUFC's management were not thinking right on Lukaku.It is sad, MUFC's management were not thinking right on Lukaku.

5 Likes

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by Babysheart(f): 6:18am On Oct 11, 2019
When a country promotes talent over mediocrity and race. Good one LUKAKU.

Meanwhile some countries are still throwing Bananas at players in 2019.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by A305: 6:19am On Oct 11, 2019
Man u will be thinking they made a mistake with him. See that Lexus down my sig

1 Like

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by Thisis2raw(m): 6:27am On Oct 11, 2019
Sometimes you need to move to progress

1 Like

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by ayanbaba2(m): 6:27am On Oct 11, 2019
monichannel:
Very wicked game. 9-0 to your fellow men. Belgium gat no joy.

Ball possession 87:13 ;(

this below is wickedness...cambodia don suffer!

the goals is enough for the first-11 and the 3-substitutes!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by Cousin9999: 6:28am On Oct 11, 2019
Lukakuuuu!
Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by PureGoldh(m): 6:32am On Oct 11, 2019
Lukaku is on his way to the top..... He is so consistent in the game.

Congratulations to him and his country

1 Like

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:34am On Oct 11, 2019
Nigeria will join them soon grin

1 Like

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by OakConsultNG: 6:35am On Oct 11, 2019
Good one for him..

Did you know you can get your own business registered for as little as 23 thousand naira? Well, check our profile for contact details to enjoy this.
Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by Angelfrost(m): 6:37am On Oct 11, 2019
Nbotee:
Waiting for some Man Utd fans to start running their mouth as usual.. D same fans who rightfully bad mouthed him into leaving.. Some players perform beta in other environments becos d environment dey were doesn't favour dem or d team. Depay was bad for United but turned out beta for Lyon, same goes for Di Maria and Daley Blind. Stop blaming d coach for selling him, he was right to let him go. D club was only wrong in not signing anoda striker

What do they know about football... The same fans that kept hailing Olé for benching him.

United erred in failing to properly replace, and strengthen that squad.
Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by Angelfrost(m): 6:38am On Oct 11, 2019
ayanbaba2:

this below is wickedness...cambodia don suffer!

the goals is enough for the first-11 and the 3-substitutes!

Some countries have no business in football... Bunch of cheerful givers.

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 11, 2019
OK, it is the guys from the "Serene Republic of San Marino". No surprises at all.

I think Belgium hit them 5-nil in the first leg or so. That gives an aggregate of 14-nil.

Still better than the Cambodians who got that same 14-nil in just one sitting.

1 Like

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by Xamzy37(m): 6:42am On Oct 11, 2019
o boy na 14:0 be that smileyo boy na 14:0 be that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by Angelfrost(m): 6:43am On Oct 11, 2019
sylve11:
Make i hold my temper make i nor go swear for OLE this kinda early day. angry

Bless your soul Lukaku! kiss cool

Calm down... Lukaku was never gonna improve in United, not with their pattern of play... He is no Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, or Aguero...

He is a great box striker, but highly lacking in creativity... Belgium has one of the best set of playmakers in the world of football, so scoring will always be easier for him... I sense him even struggling in Inter too.
Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by Olamilekxy(m): 6:48am On Oct 11, 2019
Criticaltemp:
But what really happened when this guy was in man u.. Sha, that club can kill someone's carrier ehh.. C Mata, c matic, c pogba. These guys were best at forms, immediately they went to man u, they became upcoming players... What really happened?

upcoming player? ??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by Raphsays: 6:48am On Oct 11, 2019
It doesn't make Lukaku a good fit for Man U.
Congrats Belgium

1 Like

Re: Belgium Becomes First Country To Qualify For Euro 2020 As Lukaku Scores Twice by frankmoney(m): 6:54am On Oct 11, 2019
Nbotee:
lukaku is a great striker , he just didn't fit into man utd team. I wonder why ole sold him honestly

(1) (2) (Reply)

UCL: Which clubs will be the likely winners in the Round of 16? / Onuachu Set To Join Ligue 1 Club Olympic Lyon / Super Eagles Captain Mikel Obi Rules Out Retirement From National Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.