Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering (17457 Views)

Sex Scandal: UNN Suspends Mfonobong Udoudom Indefinitely, Launches Probe / Degree For Sale: Sting Operation Exposes LASU Certificate Racketeering / UNN Suspends Chigozie Obum For Impregnating Four Students Within 4 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by Parkac(m): 12:48am On Oct 12, 2019
The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Management has suspended no fewer than fifteen (15) members of staff for their alleged involvement in various cases of job, admission racketeering and sexual harassment.

This was disclosed in a statement released by the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the university, Chief (Dr) Okwun Omeaku, on Friday in Nsukka.

According to Omeaku, the suspension is a bold statement of the current university administration’s zero tolerance for corruption, misconduct and amoral behaviours among staff and students.

He said the administration of Prof. Charles Igwe will not fail to take decisive action on any staff or student whose action will drag the hallowed image of the university to the mire.

The PRO also warned that the eagle is still watching and many people are on the radar and more actions will be taken on those found wanting.

Source: https://unn-edu.info/2019/10/unn-suspends-15-staff-for-admission-racketeering-sexual-harassment.html

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by Parkac(m): 12:52am On Oct 12, 2019
This menace needs to be stopped. We need a stricter sanction on those desecrating our academic environment.

Cc: lalasticlala

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:16am On Oct 12, 2019
That's a way to go!!!

Don't mind Kemi and others coming online feigning as if these harassments does not exist undecided

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by Nobody: 1:23am On Oct 12, 2019
Initial gra gra

If they're guilty,with evidence, they should be severely dealt with. Funny thing be say as I'm typing this one student dey give one lecturer yordi for one lorlor. May God save everyone

5 Likes

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by baby124: 2:13am On Oct 12, 2019
Great! I respect UNN for this. They need to investigate that fake pastor promoting the act the other day. He’s also a professor at UNN. I suspect him seriously. This action may be what made him retract his statement.

I hope these lecturers are sacked and their names published for other unis to be wary of them in future. Suspension is not enough.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by internationalman(m): 2:38am On Oct 12, 2019
Some lazy female students are just sitting by the corner feeling sad about all these revelations....

Most of them like the way things were

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by Thegoodone13(m): 9:25am On Oct 12, 2019
Good

2 Likes

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by chibu4u2(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2019
That's a good start

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by ThinkWISELY(m): 9:26am On Oct 12, 2019
Nice one
Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by lovienna: 9:26am On Oct 12, 2019
If even the pastors among Nigerian lecturers are guilty of sexual harassment, then it is safe to say that all of them are guilty.

5 Likes

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by contigiency(m): 9:27am On Oct 12, 2019
That's a good one. UNN a no nonsense school both in character and in learning.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by mastar111: 9:27am On Oct 12, 2019
The movement is on
Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by jericco1(m): 9:27am On Oct 12, 2019
Getting there
Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by atiku4President(m): 9:28am On Oct 12, 2019
baby124:
Great! I respect UNN for this. They need to investigate that fake pastor promoting the act the other day. He’s also a professor at UNN. I suspect him seriously. This action may be what made him retract his statement.

I hope these lecturers are sacked and their names published for other unis to be wary of them in future. Suspension is not enough.
Lies. He is not even a PhD holder. How do you tell lies like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by buharified009(m): 9:28am On Oct 12, 2019
If we really want to fight this monster sexforgrades, then almost 97% of lectureres will be affected, if your father is a lecturerer and you are on this forum, just know there is a n extremely high chance your father is a useless beast and will fucking rot in hell, for all the innocent ladies he has taken advantage of, gone a re the days when teachers were role models, teachers are part of the backbone of anynation, no wonder our generation is filled with perverts, slayqueens, yahoo boys, armed robbers, kidnapppers. No role models and rotten leadership.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 12, 2019
Alfa males won't like this

I have been seeing them going about trying to deflect from the topic.

One even said women are paranoid and vindictive for escalating these issues.

Nawa

2 Likes

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by Sirvolga(m): 9:29am On Oct 12, 2019
UNN the homeland of sexual harassment grin
Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by Sunnycliff(m): 9:30am On Oct 12, 2019
Suspension without mentioning names is a verbosed declaration....holds no water!

5 Likes

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 12, 2019
And the normal gra gra starts..
Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by sylve11: 9:32am On Oct 12, 2019
it all started with the government, a bad government cannot only be called as a ‘bad’ government; the real adjective should be this: Enemy! Yes, bad government is a real enemy for the country it governs, an enemy within. T

This war won't yield any positive result if the government don't change their ways. One step forward, Ninety nine step backward. That's the country we are in............ sad cool

We do not need to get good laws to restrain bad people. We need to get good people to restrain us from bad laws. cool

2 Likes

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by Wickedtruths: 9:32am On Oct 12, 2019
AntiBrutus:
Alfa males won't like this

Only losers, dregs, misfits and ugly smellos who are lecturers victimise girls for sex.

Alpha males don't cos they control themselves and don't allow their erection dictate their direction.
Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by kalvoken(m): 9:33am On Oct 12, 2019
Okay I'm derailing a bit from the topic

After listening to the two diss songs from MI and Vector, I discovered two things;

Rap wise, M.I rolled better in his own song.

but Lyrics wise,

guy let's be honest, Vector finished MI. He was just punching MI with a well known lines, while MI was repeating '' I'm your papa, I will play maturity ".

2 Likes

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by SolarKing1: 9:36am On Oct 12, 2019
Whooping 15... Good that they have the courage to deal with them, those of Unilag would be more. This wickedness is epidemic in Nigeria! We thank that good people have began to have sense at last. If you don't rise up to fight and destroy evil, it would soon grow too big and consume you.

1 Like

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by SolarKing1: 9:36am On Oct 12, 2019
Good News!!! We now do pay on delivery Nationwide!

2 Likes

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 12, 2019
Wickedtruths:

Only losers, dregs, misfits and ugly smellos who are lecturers victimise girls for sex.

Alpha males don't cos they control themselves and don't allow their erection dictate their direction.

The alfa males here are the opposite. angry

3 Likes

Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by mrvitalis(m): 9:37am On Oct 12, 2019
This is crazy
Re: UNN Suspends 15 Staff For Sexual Harassment And Admission Racketeering by mercyviv(f): 9:38am On Oct 12, 2019
Good development. But it shouldn't end with the sack, they should be prosecuted under the law.
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

(1) (2) (Reply)

2014 TOP 10 Universities In Nigeria By NUC / ASUU Rejects FG Negotiation Team, Says Strike Continues / University Of Abuja Ex-Students Protest Over Statement Of Results (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.