Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Monte Carlo - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Monte Carlo (822 Views)

help me with this in c++ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monte Carlo by rolikswale: 10:50am On Nov 07, 2010
Hello All,

I need someone you can simulate with Monte Carlo. Am currently writing my project on Monte Carlo simulation of the energy spectrum due to second collimator of a LINAC.
Will be glad to get useful responses.
Re: Monte Carlo by DapoBear(m): 4:13am On Nov 16, 2010
Can you provide more info? What is the setup? Provide a Wikipedia or some other article so we can have a better idea of what problem you are trying to solve. . .
Re: Monte Carlo by careygold: 11:24am On Nov 16, 2010
search on google!!!!
Re: Monte Carlo by naijaswag1: 1:04pm On Nov 16, 2010
it seems to that you are a university student.what language do you intend to represent your simulation.you will have to know a programming language to be successful with this venture.A hit on google just presented me volumes of useful materials on this algorithm.is it the source code that you want or you need a a user interface to visualize the something?
Re: Monte Carlo by rolikswale: 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2010
LINAC actually means linear accelerator. It is used to give radiation doses to patients with cancer for therapeutic and /or palliative management. Monte Carlo is the simulator that allows one to build the accelerator using manufacturer's spec and obtain measurements from the simulated machine.
I need the simulator and info on how to build the accelerator from scratch.
It is actually my MSc project.
Re: Monte Carlo by naijaswag1: 2:09pm On Nov 16, 2010
what language do you want to use.or u want to do in all programming languages if possible.
Re: Monte Carlo by DapoBear(m): 2:29pm On Nov 16, 2010
I googled the term "Monte Carlo simulation of the energy spectrum due to second collimator of a LINAC." Most of the links that come up seem to refer to something called MCNP, which is available here:

https://mcnpx.lanl.gov/

Looks like the source code for it is available on that site (in Fortran.) I suggest you read all the documents on that site. Hope this helps.
Re: Monte Carlo by naijaswag1: 2:30pm On Nov 17, 2010
u don't sound serious.you cannot even answer the simple question of which language do you want to implement your project.the fortran code can be translated into any language.
Re: Monte Carlo by OlawumiX: 1:22pm On Nov 23, 2010
rolikswale:

LINAC actually means linear accelerator. It is used to give radiation doses to patients with cancer for therapeutic and /or palliative management. Monte Carlo is the simulator that allows one to build the accelerator using manufacturer's spec and obtain measurements from the simulated machine.
I need the simulator and info on how to build the accelerator from scratch.
It is actually my MSc project.

You need to get you facts right or straight; either was the Monte Carlo Simulation Method is a mathematical tool widely used in Numerical Analysis and Optimization problems, these themselves are tools used for design/simulation applications like the one you are trying to describe above.

You need to have a proper definition of the problem, the rules and the objective function clearly defined. Rather than programming from scratch you can use MATLAB.
Re: Monte Carlo by rolikswale: 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2010
I do appreciate your contributions. Thanks. I have done it.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Google Technology User Group Holds Open House At The University Of Lagos / What Nigerians Searched For Most On Google 2012 / Text & Video Tutorial On How To Make A Google Clone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.