Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Exclusive Interview With Nigerian,new York Based Stylist,kanayo Ebi - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Exclusive Interview With Nigerian,new York Based Stylist,kanayo Ebi (3820 Views)

Man In Ogun Goes With Nigerian Flag / Mysterious Winner Takes Earth Messages In Brazil, London And New York / Wellcome To Our Nigerian New Forum Www.learnandearnclub.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive Interview With Nigerian,new York Based Stylist,kanayo Ebi by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 07, 2010
Kanayo ebi is the stylist to Daddy’s girls, yup u guessed right! Angela and Vanessa Simmons and to a host of other celebrities. In this interview with celebregion, the graduate of psychology shares with us her inspirations, working with Angela and Vanessa, about Nigeria and more…,

-Tell us about yourself?
KANAYO; my full name is Kanayo Ebi, I am a 27 year old stylist based in New York City. I am a Nigerian though I was born in the states (NYC).I graduated from St Johns University with a B.A in Psychology.
-what inspired you to be a stylist?
KANAYO; I have always been into fashion, even growing up, fashion has always been a passion area of mine. I was blessed enough to grow up experiencing different cultures and lifestyles and I saw how fashion played a major part. My parents were also into fashion and are very fashionable. Growing up, I used to help my Dad pick out suits for work, I also used to go shopping with my Mother and helped in picking out outfits for her to try on and I had a say in the final decision making. I always loved shopping in all these different stores.
- how did you start out as a stylist?
KANAYO; When I got to college , I had friends that modelled and I always helped them on their test shoots to build my portfolio and I found different stylists that I could work under assisting so I could learn the ropes and build my skills to grow in this profession so I could turn it into a career.
-ON Working with Vanessa and Angela?

KANAYO; I love working with Vanessa and Angela because they are both very different both in their personalities and styles and it is very interesting to see how their personalities and moods influence their fashion choices sometimes. They both definitely keep me on my toes and are fun to work with. Also, they have amazing spirits. They are truly great people and are like family to me at this point. Love them!.

-Tell us about their Individual Style?
KANAYO; Vanessa’s style is more classic with a bit of an edge, people like Marilyn Monroe and Jackie Onassis help influence her style. She likes the timeless effortless looks of their style and takes from that but adding a little bit of her in it. She still wants to look young and refreshing. While Angela is very into fashion and trends and is very much of a risk taker with her fashion choices. She’s always looking for how she can push the envelope a little and how she can revamp or create her own look. Her style depends on her mood on a certain day or for a certain event.

-Other celebrities you have worked with?
KANAYO; I have been blessed enough to work with other celebrities and publications such as Talent Magazine , Hype Hair , Kate Winslet , Rocsi of 106 & park , J.Cole , Jeanette Jenkins (celeb trainer ) , Dani Evans , Adrienne Bailon, e.t.c

-What do you feel about Nigeria?
KANAYO; I have definitely lived in Nigeria. I was born in the states (NYC) and then moved back shortly after. We (my siblings and I ) make an effort to go back home every year to visit and spend time with the family (my parents still live in Nigeria). So we try and spend Christmas back home in Nigeria and I always look forward to going back. It’s always so much fun hanging out with friends and family and the culture. Love it!.

http://www./2010/11/exclusive-interview-with-nigeriannew.html

Re: Exclusive Interview With Nigerian,new York Based Stylist,kanayo Ebi by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 07, 2010
.Angela Simmons

Re: Exclusive Interview With Nigerian,new York Based Stylist,kanayo Ebi by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 07, 2010
Vanessa Simmons

Re: Exclusive Interview With Nigerian,new York Based Stylist,kanayo Ebi by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 07, 2010
Kanayo and Diggy Simmons

Re: Exclusive Interview With Nigerian,new York Based Stylist,kanayo Ebi by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 07, 2010
Rocsi

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Association (photo) / Help Me! / 18 Best B*m Photos Of 2017 Miss B*mb*m Beauty Pageant Contestants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.