Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed (28257 Views)

Many Trapped As 5-Storey Building Collapses In Onitsha, Anambra / Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan / Many Pupils Dead, Over 100 Trapped As School Building Collapses In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by fergie001: 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2019
No fewer than four persons have been confirmed dead after a house built on a hill in the Magodo-Isheri area of Lagos State collapsed on Saturday.

The General Manager, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Dr Femi Oke-Osayintolu, who confirmed the casualty figure to our correspondent, said the tragedy struck around 8:00 a.m.

He said some injured victims trapped in the rubble had been rescued and rushed to a hospital while emergency officials were on the ground to ensure safety at the scene.

It was gathered that a rescue operation is ongoing at Ita-Elewa, Ikorodu where another incident of building collapse occurred.

Oke-Osayintolu promised to get back to our correspondent with details on the Ikorodu incident.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-four-killed-as-building-collapses-in-magodo/amp/

Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by emeijeh(m): 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2019
Oh no!

I hope they are safe, and have oxygen to breathe till rescue team comes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by hisgrace090: 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2019
What do you expect when prices of rod and cement rise daily and many are homeless?

28 Likes

Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by Taiofil(m): 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2019
That looks like a mudslide! if this tru it is not good at all.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by fergie001: 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2019
Taiofil:
Modified...@emeijeh, doesn't look like they made it.
Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by emeijeh(m): 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
fergie001:

Modified...@emeijeh, doesn't look like they made it.
I see the topic has been modified.

Black Saturday

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by sonofanarchy(m): 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2019
Nawa oh Lagos and collapse building self..

4 Likes

Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by 3rdavefarms(m): 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2019
Lord have mercy , Rip to them

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by nauto6: 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2019
Rip
Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by YorubaNinja: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2019
angry
Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by Goldenheart(m): 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2019
Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by ZombieTAMER: 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2019
Buhari effect continues

Death everywhere

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by OGand99others: 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2019
cry
How did we get here
God for the sake of what we are passing through in this Country, I beg you to Divert this kind of Tragedy to Aso Rock and also Spare the Cook, The Cleaners and the Drivers But you see that Daura Guy Abeg help us do the needful cry

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by YorubaNinja: 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2019
Taiofil:

This is not SE, abeg.
Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by Giftexx: 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2019
hisgrace090:
What do you expect when prices of rod and cement rise daily and many are homeless?

It's soil problem
Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by Mpcoll001: 3:23pm On Oct 12, 2019
This is so tragic! Condolence to the bereaved

Please do check my siggy and threads
Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by tillaman(m): 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2019
This is so sad I swear!!
Prayers for the dead and I wish the sick speedy recovery
That looks like a mudslide

1 Like

Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by nurez305(m): 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2019
Is this the magodo people hype so much or the low budget magodo people doesn't know that exist ?

2 Likes

Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by EzekaUdenee: 3:27pm On Oct 12, 2019
[s]
YorubaNinja:

This is not SE, abeg.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by WEIRDFOWL: 3:30pm On Oct 12, 2019
My mom used to say , I’m going home doesn’t allow someone to know who’s going back to the hut grin . I want to drink garri doesn’t allow you fathom who’s drinking with pepper & salt grin

Magodo, I never knew such houses are there .

The buildings are getting deep in from the surface, You would have think they would have jappa when it’s getting worse to this extent angry

The erosion , i’m Still trying to fathom out how they try to stop it or they being nonchalant .

This is so disheartening .
RIP
Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by bengg: 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2019
It happen in my area I wish rest in perfect peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by baby124: 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2019
Magodo has very eroded land in some areas. I guess because it’s hilly somehow.
Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by josephogaga: 3:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
So sad...
Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 12, 2019
... and the victims were like me, probably browsing and commenting and analyzing on happenings around as if an alien. But suddenly, it happened un-announced and like a dream it dawn on him/her whether he/she has been dreaming or the dream just started.

One can never tell when his last moment will be. Therefore, when things happen around you, see it as your happenings; don't blame, don't judge, don't praise, don't condemn. Yeah, it brings some kind of awareness and deep connection when you see yourself in every situation.

RIP to them
RIP to me

6 Likes

Re: Building Collapses In Magodo, 4 Killed by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:57pm On Oct 12, 2019
Curse nation, everything is just upside down

(1) (2) (Reply)

People Run While A Building Collapses (video) / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlord/Lady Has Ever Given You? / 3 Critical Things When Looking For An Apartment In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.