Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,620 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Stop Looking Down On The Farmers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Stop Looking Down On The Farmers (856 Views)

Hog Wire Fence: A Simple Approach To Solving The Farmers - Herders Crises. / The Next Generation Of Billionaires Are The Farmers. / How Many Meters Is The Farmers Rope?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Looking Down On The Farmers by vinatals: 12:57am On Oct 13, 2019
farmers are to be respected and not down graded.in this contemporary world a peasant famer ;bears the pain of planting,weeding,and harvesting. with hard labour they get to feed their families and sometimes even the nation at large.yet some still have the guts to laugh at them for no reason.
Re: Stop Looking Down On The Farmers by izibili44: 1:45am On Oct 13, 2019
Farmers are rich people this days.when i am done with business ,Am moving into farming.

1 Like

Re: Stop Looking Down On The Farmers by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 13, 2019
vinatals:
farmers are to be respected and not down graded.in this contemporary world a peasant famer ; bears the pain of planting,weeding,and harvesting. with hard labour they get to feed their families and sometimes even the nation at large.yet some still have the guts to laugh at them for no reason.

The bolder part is funny. And those are the reasons people laugh at you. I have other businesses I do, but whenever I fill any form, my occupation is always "Farming". I guess you are still using cutlasses and hoes, and that's why farming is a burden to you. And it is why people laugh at you. Generally, a poor man is a "thing" people make jokes with. It's not farming, but that poverty in the person is the problem.

Re-strategize, take a break, treat your skin, and look fresh so you will not be looked down. Also, dress very well in public, it is very important. You easily get carried away with dirtiness if you are directly involved with it.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Looking Down On The Farmers by Richfarmer(m): 7:42am On Oct 13, 2019
One thing i have alsways considered been a farmer is neatness,

stop dressing dirty so people cant neccesarily look down on you,

dirtyness is associated with poverty,

even if you are poor and dress neat people will want to come closer to you and do business,

looks are decieving sometimes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Looking Down On The Farmers by excanny: 3:56pm On Oct 13, 2019
Pistotita:

The bolder part is funny. And those are the reasons people laugh at you. I have other businesses I do, but whenever I fill any form, my occupation is always "Farming". I guess you are still using cutlasses and hoes, and that's why farming is a burden to you. And it is why people laugh at you. Generally, a poor man is a "thing" people make jokes with. It's not farming, but that poverty in the person is the problem.

Re-strategize, take a break, treat your skin, and look fresh so you will not be looked down. Also, dress very well in public, it is very important. You easily get carried away with dirtiness if you are directly involved with it.

God bless.

So what do you use in cultivating your fathom half plot garden?

Tractors?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stop Looking Down On The Farmers by vinatals: 8:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
:DHahaha funny you said that .bro thanks alot my farm is more than two hectres smileyHahaha funny you said that .bro thanks alot my farm is more than two hectres
Re: Stop Looking Down On The Farmers by hopevalley: 12:55pm On Oct 18, 2019
vinatals:
farmers are to be respected and not down graded.in this contemporary world a peasant famer ;bears the pain of planting,weeding,and harvesting. with hard labour they get to feed their families and sometimes even the nation at large.yet some still have the guts to laugh at them for no reason.
The bottom-line was farmer are very poor and that's why they are being looked down upon. This is because farmers have not imbibed the culture of learning how to export their products to foreign countries to make millions of naira. Export is the major dividend of agricultural practice. Click on the first link on my signature for detail.
Re: Stop Looking Down On The Farmers by yemmit90: 6:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
@op, are farmers not actually poor?

Except you are into animal husbandry [ Poultry, Pig, Cattle, Turkey, Goat, Fish etc] or exportable cash crops like Cocoa, Rubber or cashew, i dont see why you should be calling yourself rich. The reality is that, an average Nigerian farmer dont have mean or hope of preserving his/her harvests, hence they are always at the mercy of middle men who buy cheaply and make all the profits. The fact is that, middle men and retailers are richer than most farmers.

Finally, no one can look than on you if you are actually rich as people can easily smell how wealthy you are by your lifestyle.
Re: Stop Looking Down On The Farmers by Psalmy2cute(m): 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2019
yemmit90:

Except you are into animal husbandry [ Poultry, Pig, Cattle, Turkey, Goat, Fish etc] or exportable cash crops like Cocoa, Rubber or cashew, i dont see why you should be calling yourself rich. The reality is that, an average Nigerian farmer dont have mean or hope of preserving his/her harvests, hence they are always at the mercy of middle men who buy cheaply and make all the profits. The fact is that, middle men and retailers are richer than most farmers.

Finally, no one can look than on you if you are actually rich as people can easily smell how wealthy you are by your lifestyle.
Everything is just wrong with this comment
Re: Stop Looking Down On The Farmers by yemmit90: 6:45pm On Oct 18, 2019
Psalmy2cute:

Everything is just wrong with this comment

Point it out sir.

Only trying to be factual.
Re: Stop Looking Down On The Farmers by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
hopevalley:

The bottom-line was farmer are very poor and that's why they are being looked down upon. This is because farmers have not imbibed the culture of learning how to export their products to foreign countries to make millions of naira. Export is the major dividend of agricultural practice. Click on the first link on my signature for detail.

That you are into exportation does not mean, it is the best. Local sales can be better than exportation. If I sit you down and open your eyes, you will downsize your exportation business drastically ( 95% of your output) and focus on production for Nigerian consumers.
Re: Stop Looking Down On The Farmers by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 18, 2019
yemmit90:

Crop farming is more profitable than any animal production. Even eggs production cannot stand any vegetable production. Cross out rubber. And the reward of cashew cannot stand that of most vegetables. Cocoa is not that profitation, except you produce chocolate. Grains are even better than most of the areas you mentioned. Eggs production cannot stand vegetables too.

Before you tell one turkey, pig, or egg, a veggie or grain farmer has completed 2 to 3 rounds. In a year corn cycles are around 4 rounds, while a pig farmer is still struggling to make 1 sale.

That feed you give your animals where does it come from? And feed comprises 70% of the cost of production of many animals.

Guy, you better go make a thorough research again. I will put cocoyam farming above any animal production on my scale of preference.
Re: Stop Looking Down On The Farmers by excanny: 6:52pm On Oct 19, 2019
Pistotita:

Crop farming is more profitable than any animal production. Even eggs production cannot stand any vegetable production. Cross out rubber. And the reward of cashew cannot stand that of most vegetables. Cocoa is not that profitation, except you produce chocolate. Grains are even better than most of the areas you mentioned. Eggs production cannot stand vegetables too.

Before you tell one turkey, pig, or egg, a veggie or grain farmer has completed 2 to 3 rounds. In a year corn cycles are around 4 rounds, while a pig farmer is still struggling to make 1 sale.

That feed you give your animals where does it come from? And feed comprises 70% of the cost of production of many animals.

Guy, you better go make a thorough research again. I will put cocoyam farming above any animal production on my scale of preference.

A detailed analysis based on profit margin would have done this topic justice.

How are you better than the guy above you making an equally blanket statement that an animal farmer is usually rich?
Re: Stop Looking Down On The Farmers by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 19, 2019
excanny:

A detailed analysis based on profit margin would have done this topic justice.

How are you better than the guy above you making an equally blanket statement that an animal farmer is usually rich?

There is something about you. This your desperation to follow me about. It is like I have to give in and pity you ooo. JESUS even said it that when the King is disturbed answers flow.

Guy, your trick no go work. grin hehehhe! You need to humble yourself to get it. And tell your soldiers to back down and surrender. You want to use fast one on me. And you think I can easily fall for it? Guy, enter market and do your research. I still burnt gas yesterday rolling around streets on the Island hustling to expand my market share.

See this one....on top the info you did not pay one kobo on my thread, and you still abused me, you are here to even collect market analysis and comparison of ROI. It will not work. I am sure he was happy with my first paragraph here that chai......this guy don fall. It is not working guy. It is better you laugh at me that I dont know what I am saying than release it to you. You must enter market to get it done yourself. Lol

Let us bet it. You will crawl into my DM and email me, and beg. You will. Mark my words.

Let us continue the game here na. grin But you dey try oooooo. Chai. You aren't following me again officially, but following me bumper to bumper everywhere like a ghost. Excanny let's go there. grin
Re: Stop Looking Down On The Farmers by excanny: 7:56pm On Oct 19, 2019
Pistotita:

There is something about you. This your desperation to follow me about. It is like I have to give in and pity you ooo. JESUS even said it that when the King is disturbed answers flow.

Guy, your trick no go work. grin hehehhe! You need to humble yourself to get it. And tell your soldiers to back down and surrender. You want to use fast one on me. And you think I can easily fall for it? Guy, enter market and do your research. I still burnt gas yesterday rolling around streets on the Island hustling to expand my market share.

See this one....on top the info you did not pay one kobo on my thread, and you still abused me, you are here to even collect market analysis and comparison of ROI. It will not work. I am sure he was happy with my first paragraph here that chai......this guy don fall. It is not working guy. It is better you laugh at me that I dont know what I am saying than release it to you. You must enter market to get it done yourself. Lol

Let us bet it. You will crawl into my DM and email me, and beg. You will. Mark my words.

Let us continue the game here na. grin But you dey try oooooo. Chai. You aren't following me again officially, but following me bumper to bumper everywhere like a ghost. Excanny let's go there. grin

Cut me some info nau. Na only you want to hammer alone abi. grin

Bro. Beg ke. E never reach that side nau. I get all I need whenever, wherever.

Me sef Na street jagaban nau.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Rice For Sell #18,500 / Koudijs Catfish Feed Starter Promo. / Where To Sell Your Maize And Corn Is Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.