Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,094 members, 7,863,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

Going Underwater Without Holding Your Nose. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Going Underwater Without Holding Your Nose. (306 Views)

First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder / Your Next Sale Is Just Under Your Nose - How To Perfect And Increase Your Sales / Order Your Nose/face Mask (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Going Underwater Without Holding Your Nose. by nnamso(m): 11:17am On Oct 13, 2019
�‍♂️�
Question of the day:

My question is about going underwater without holding your nose. My 4-year-old twins took swimming lessons last summer and can jump into the pool without holding their nose. This is something I’ve never been able to do. Water always goes up my nose and into my sinuses. I’ve tried blowing out of my nose when I first go under, slow submersion and no matter what I still wind up with water creeping down the back of my throat. Am I doing something wrong or should I assume there is something wrong with my sinuses and nose connection lol? Your input would be greatly appreciated. I want to swim with my kids without a nose clamp. I feel silly about it. �‍♂️�
Answer:
Swimmers experience water in their nose when they try to perform forward somersaults or flip turns because they are momentarily turned upside down, allowing air to escape and water to get it.

In your case, you could be unconsciously breathing in as your nose gets wet. Yes, your nostrils and just inside your nose will get wet, but not enough to completely flood your sinuses and back of your throat. Sometimes that feeling and sensation of getting water on the face can trigger a breathing response. It is quite common.

I guess the only way to find out is to practice holding your breath. Have contests with your kids to see who can hold their breath the longest – not in the pool, just generally anywhere. Then take your contest to the pool and try it there. Take a deep breath and then submerge just your mouth and nose, nothing else. Keep your eyes out. You remain in an upright position with air an airlock in your nose. If that is fine then move onto blowing little bubbles. ������������ source: Swimpro https://swimpro.com.ng/swimming/going-underwater-without-holding-your-nose/

(1) (Reply)

I will help you buy a domain name and hostimg from Godaddy. / I Want To Buy A Pin Verified Adsense Plus Website / Stock Trading Versus Sports Betting; The Differences And Similarities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.