Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 - Travel (520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 (1333280 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (747) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by nenelistic: 11:01pm On May 10, 2020
Let me also add that she is a citizen
nenelistic:
Yes. He used his mum’s sister and he got it without stress
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by nenelistic: 11:02pm On May 10, 2020
Try Access bank’s Visa card but the exchange rate is up there though

Elvis390:
Good evening house. I’m a silent reader and I’ve gained a lot. Thanks to the guru’s in the house.

Please I’m post ITA and I’ve completed my documents and ready for submission but I’ve been struggling with paying application fees. It keeps saying decline. I’ve tried using my GTBANK master card. I need answers ASAP as I have few days to go. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Elvis390: 11:14pm On May 10, 2020
nenelistic:
Try Access bank’s Visa card but the exchange rate is up there though

Thank you. I’ld try this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Sobandemojisola: 11:16pm On May 10, 2020
hello
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Maryduke: 11:30pm On May 10, 2020
Elvis390:
Good evening house. I’m a silent reader and I’ve gained a lot. Thanks to the guru’s in the house.

Please I’m post ITA and I’ve completed my documents and ready for submission but I’ve been struggling with paying application fees. It keeps saying decline. I’ve tried using my GTBANK master card. I need answers ASAP as I have few days to go. Thanks
Try using other banks. Gtbank declined my payment countless times and I used stanbic which worked with ease.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 1:07am On May 11, 2020
nenelistic:

PNP route... To claim points using family members.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by alteco007(m): 1:55am On May 11, 2020
I can help you with the payment if you want, probably at a more favourable rate.

Elvis390:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 4:23am On May 11, 2020
MamaHeaven:
Hello All, Happ Sunday. Please can someone share with me a legit Unilag contact for transcript verification. It's been really tough getting them to reply Wes. Thanks
They don’t respond via email; they do so via post. Best to request WES to send to them using DHL (you will have to pay $85 for shipping) and also ask Unilag to return via DHL. It’s the best way to get them to respond quickly if you’ve got the cash.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by lasignor(m): 4:28am On May 11, 2020
Elvis390:

You can’t use GTB because they imposed a $500 spend limit on their MasterCard last month. Your best bet, if you don’t have a dollar card, is AccessBank. Walk into any branch to request for a VISA card. Their limit is $3000 per month so you should be alright. Rate is good as well I think.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 4:49am On May 11, 2020
nenelistic:

thats for pnp either manitoba or Saskatchewan.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by BlestHanneSSG: 5:14am On May 11, 2020
Lol.. Egungun British Columbia.
Expressway dey close by. #JustRandomRants
alteco007:
I can help you with the payment if you want, probably at a more favourable rate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ussyberry(m): 5:54am On May 11, 2020
Ebugatti:
Hello guys

I had received my ITA and submitted my application. After approximately five months, I was asked to bring my passport to VFS shortly before the lockdown because my visa was ready.

I reckon that they sent it to Ghana seeing that there’s a Canadian embassy then however I’ve not heard anything since then and have been unable to reach them.

Is any other person in the same shoe as I am and is there anything we can do for now or only option is to wait

Accra Visa office is supposed to open back on June 1st.

It is also possible that they have started using Lagos as a visa office.

Did the passport package get to a visa office?

It may still be with VFS

When you last tracked the package via VFS what exactly did is give?

The exact words from the tracking.

If possible copy and paste it here
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Elvis390: 7:23am On May 11, 2020
Please can I get an invite link to any PostITA WhatsApp group. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ebugatti: 7:23am On May 11, 2020
Your processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office on 2020/03/16. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

That’s the message I received when I tried to track.

I’ve also tried the helpline but it’s not reachable. Also on VFS’ website, it says their offices are closed till further notice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by iameneekle: 7:39am On May 11, 2020
Someone who paid recently said GTb charged 307 as rate. Confirm if you have enough funds in the account. It could also be because you need to get authorization from the bank for the limit of funds you're paying.
[Qquote author=Elvis390 post=89412010]

Please I’m post ITA and I’ve completed my documents and ready for submission but I’ve been struggling with paying application fees. It keeps saying decline. I’ve tried using my GTBANK master card. I need answers ASAP as I have few days to go. Thanks [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ebugatti: 7:41am On May 11, 2020
Ussyberry:

It is also possible that they have started using Lagos as a visa office.

Did the passport package get to a visa office?

It may still be with VFS

When you last tracked the package via VFS what exactly did is give?

The exact words from the tracking.

If possible copy and paste it here

r processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office on 2020/03/16. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

I’ve also tried the helpline but it’s not reachable. Also on VFS’ website, it says their offices are closed till further notice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Abbyjesus: 9:37am On May 11, 2020
Thanks for this information. I will send them a mail right away because I just checked their site now, the status is still the same thing.
yengi:

Hi, my husband had the same issue. However, when I logged on to the Wes page what I saw was document being reviewed. I sent a mail to them immediately using their contact form explaining the inefficiencies and bad reviews of etx NG and why using them should not be a compulsion. Two days later, precisely yesterday, we got a notification saying they were awaiting verification from his school (which is the norm). When we logged on to the portal we still saw the awaiting verification on the page.
I don't know if the change is because we sent a mail or perhaps they had a glitch. The positive is that there was a +ve change so log on to your wes page and see what awaits you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ussyberry(m): 9:43am On May 11, 2020
Ebugatti:

r processed passport has been forwarded to the Canada Visa Office on 2020/03/16. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

It has left VFS. Hopefully it would have entered the embassy. Was this before March 13th?

Patience is all I can recommend
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by mzkomsy(f): 10:16am On May 11, 2020
Has anyone (Nigerian university) used the mail method(sending transcript via mail for evaluation) with wes successfully?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Liispa(f): 10:19am On May 11, 2020
mzkomsy:
Has anyone (Nigerian university) used the mail method with wes successfully?

Like post?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 10:30am On May 11, 2020
Dammyzeal007:
Plz brodally, kindly lemme have your email or contact so I can use your help and guidance cuz I'm also in process of applying for my Canadian traveling... My number is 082 or kindly gimme urs or ur email to contact you
the thread is there for you to read. Also watch YouTube videos

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by aye88: 11:00am On May 11, 2020
Pls does anyone know if iqas is back . I have been to their website but didn't see any specific info that they are back.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ebugatti: 11:29am On May 11, 2020
Ussyberry:

It has left VFS. Hopefully it would have entered the embassy. Was this before March 13th?

Patience is all I can recommend

It was on the 16th of March.

Thank you.

I guess I’ll just have to wait.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by SunshineD1: 11:40am On May 11, 2020
Ussyberry:

You donminit. Source of information please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Prisscindy(f): 11:51am On May 11, 2020
@ednut1 I sent you a dm, kindly reply. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Leapp: 1:38pm On May 11, 2020
Good day everyone,
I have been following the express entry threads and found it very informative.
Pls I need  help with this situation.

I left banking in Jan 2012 after 8 years experience and not gotten another office job. 
So I have been out of any paid  job from 2012 to 2020 ,eight years now till present.
Can I still apply for EE ?

Since EE says 10 years back , so from 2020 can I apply with the 2010 to Jan 2012 experience I have?
How will I explain these 8 long years I have not been in paid employment?

Pls need suggestions .
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 11, 2020
drdams:

NIM is not even recognized in Nigeria.

Thanks. I have seen it myself from WES. Little wonder no news on it here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by amaya21: 2:37pm On May 11, 2020
You can still apply, however you would only be able to claim just over 1.5 years of experience if you were to get ITA this month (May 2010 to Jan 2012). You can only claim work experience in the last ten years.

Remember that you need at least one FULL year of full time work experience in the last ten years to enter the pool. So you need to hustle to get ITA while you still have at least one full year of work experience that meet the conditions. Another option is to have your spouse (if applicable) be the primary applicant. You need to simulate your CRS scores to see who would be better as the PA.

If you have a registered business with documentation you may also use that as well. However you need a good paper trail to make this work.

Leapp:
Good day everyone,
I have been following the express entry threads and found it very informative.
Pls I need  help with this situation.

I left banking in Jan 2012 after 8 years experience and not gotten another office job. 
So I have been out of any paid  job from 2012 to 2020 ,eight years now till present.
Can I still apply for EE ?

Since EE says 10 years back , so from 2020 can I apply with the 2010 to Jan 2012 experience I have?
How will I explain these 8 long years I have not been in paid employment?

Pls need suggestions .
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Solex01: 3:03pm On May 11, 2020
Utoechi:
Oh Kay! I now understand why I was removed from the IELTS group. I was in the group quite alright and I will not say that I learnt a single thing cos I got some reading materials from a member of the group, but I was almost not involved in the group at all because I had a short time to prepare for the test and I was immersed in my private tutorials.

Thank God say man no be God if not nobody will go to Canada without bowing down to some people. Because I didn't acknowledge your group, you deleted me even without giving time for me to correct any errors. As a matter of fact I didn't use the group's method and I can't lie to make you feel good.

I made 9977 without being in your group so don't force me to do your biddings. Keep lording over the ones in your group, you can't do that to me.
pls am interested in the materials u used
fasansolomon@gmail.com.thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by wizzzz: 3:19pm On May 11, 2020
Hello,

Please who has received canada pr email from canada immigration during this pandemic months (april, may). I mean they sent you and email saying you have received the PR. or is everyone waiting for them to reopen in canada. I am in the US and my case is handled in canada but i havent heard anything from them in this pandemic months apart from generic emails from raising webform.

Back to the question, do you know anyone or have you received congratulations email on pr within april, may.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 11, 2020
drdams:

NIM is not even recognized in Nigeria.
I will look at CIIN September 2020 edition then. Guys, how about someone who has almost done with an online program with a school in the US?

Will WES deal with it? I know she have to put by (correspondence) but that is at IRCC stage but at WES...I don't know.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 by Ussyberry(m): 3:37pm On May 11, 2020
SunshineD1:

You donminit. Source of information please?

https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/covid-19-customer-advisories.html

Scroll down down

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (747)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.