Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

What's The Rationale Behind NEPA Interrupting Power Supply Before It Rains? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What's The Rationale Behind NEPA Interrupting Power Supply Before It Rains? (768 Views)

Ugandan Man Beats Wife To Pulp For Interrupting His Sex With Another Woman (Pix) / Police Injure Female LASTMA Officer For Interrupting Their One-Way Driving / Zimbabwean Wife Stabs Husband For Interrupting Her Sex Session With Her Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Rationale Behind NEPA Interrupting Power Supply Before It Rains? by NotBeenPaid: 5:12pm On Oct 14, 2019

Hello Folks,

Could someone please explain to me the rationale behind NEPA always interrupting power supply when they notice it wants to rain?

Because this has been going on for decades (from my childhood until adulthood) now and it seems this habit of theirs isn't stopping anytime soon.... And the noise from genetors makes my heart beat faster than Usain Bolt cry

1 Like

Re: What's The Rationale Behind NEPA Interrupting Power Supply Before It Rains? by Pauldollars(m): 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2019
They are taking precaution against possible mishaps like fallen electric poles caused by extreme or violent winds etc.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Rationale Behind NEPA Interrupting Power Supply Before It Rains? by Oluwasaeon(m): 5:40pm On Oct 14, 2019
I've noticed if the rain is coming with a storm, they interrupt, if not, they don't.
For most places, storm or not, they'll surely interrupt it

2 Likes

Re: What's The Rationale Behind NEPA Interrupting Power Supply Before It Rains? by okikiosibodu(m): 1:00pm On Apr 26, 2020
Pauldollars:
They are taking precaution against possible mishaps like fallen electric poles caused by extreme or violent winds etc.
They way you write is terrific... Kudos
Re: What's The Rationale Behind NEPA Interrupting Power Supply Before It Rains? by Samfloxin(m): 6:00pm On Apr 26, 2020
Nigerian electricity is allergic to rain... Doesn't it rain in Aso Rock? Do they do the same thing over there?
Re: What's The Rationale Behind NEPA Interrupting Power Supply Before It Rains? by meobizy(f): 9:09pm On Jun 14, 2021
When I lived in Abuja it hardly happened. Most power lines that way are built underground so chances of damage happening to them is very low.

(1) (Reply)

See What Nigerian Girls Are Doing In Europe�� Is It By Force! / Watch How A NSCDC Official Was Caught On Camera Stealing From House Girl Beg / [VIDEO] Cross River Judge Allegedly Sends Her Sons To Assault Her Driver.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.