Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:11 AM

Is This Fair In Our Educational Setting? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is This Fair In Our Educational Setting? (574 Views)

Amosun Sacks Workers For Setting ‘offensive’ Exam Questions - PUNCH / Is This Fair at all? ( Pix) / Dealing With Cultism in our Educational System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Fair In Our Educational Setting? by gbengress1: 11:37am On Nov 08, 2010
I and my two other friends were shortlisted for the MTN aptitude which was held last Saturday(Nov. 6, 2010).Knowing that we wouldn't meet up with the time of the test(7am),we decided to leave for UNILAG on Friday with the hope of sleeping in the school mosque.On getting to the school,we moved straight to the school mosque.At 1:00am when we've started sleeping,some guys(claiming to be muslim brothers) came to meet us asking us if we were muslims or not but only one of us was a muslim,we other two were christians,when we told them our religion,only the muslim guy was allowed to stay and we other two were told to leave the mosque.We begged them but they refused bluntly and never thinking of the implicatiøn of there decision on us.If this had happened in the North,we would say the people are uncivilized,but it happens in the West where there is large scale civilization(what is most disgraceful of it is that it happens in a university setting).How can religion has has overshadow the educational instinct these people and they always claim that they have the responsibility of taking care of their neighbour.When I got home and I told some people the story,they said that is how muslim brothers do narrating öne form of story or the other.This action is disgraceful to our educational system or what do you think about this?Lets know ur views.
Re: Is This Fair In Our Educational Setting? by jumong3: 3:57pm On Nov 08, 2010
That is too bad, it is really a disgrace and also an attitude of uncivilized creature, I do believe that such thing can never happen in the christian environment, They do say we are all serving one God so what is there problem driving away helpless and innocent student, i wonder how may soul that has be humiliated with such attitude. In a christian environment, everybody is welcome no matter your color, race and religion, i wonder where their religion is gonna take them to, @gbengress1 s where did you slept that night Am really sorry that you have to go through such thing, but it is also a lesson and a story for you to tell,

Peace be unto you.
Re: Is This Fair In Our Educational Setting? by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 09, 2010
That is Islam for you!
Re: Is This Fair In Our Educational Setting? by kunlexist(m): 1:34am On Nov 09, 2010
dats wat d christian 'll neva du, shame on den
Re: Is This Fair In Our Educational Setting? by gbengress1: 11:44am On Nov 09, 2010
Two of us knew that d best place4us 2 sleep was d church but it was Friday(there was night vigil im d chapel and we needed to relax our brain4d test)),that was why we opted2go to d mosque.
But after we were driven out of d mosque by 1am,we had no choice than 2go to d chapel and we narrated our tale of d story.We were eventually given a room 2sleep
.We even met some people who claimed to have been chased away by d muslims
Re: Is This Fair In Our Educational Setting? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2010
Imagine!

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Learn French / Application Is On For Universities That Do Not Pay Tuition Fees In Finland / Oouchannel.com/talkzone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.