Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,989 members, 7,859,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:24 PM

Twitter User Share A Touching Story Of A Man Abandoned To Die In Rivers State - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Twitter User Share A Touching Story Of A Man Abandoned To Die In Rivers State (334 Views)

A Virgin Girl Contracted HIV After Having Her First Sex - Twitter User / Oyinbo Man With HIV Vows To Spread It To Ladies In Lagos - Twitter User / Man Abandoned At Cele Busstop In Egbeda Now Admitted At Alimoso Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twitter User Share A Touching Story Of A Man Abandoned To Die In Rivers State by ipreach: 7:23am On Oct 16, 2019
A social media User have taken to a social platform to share a sad story of a man she encountered by the road side in Rivers State.

In a multiple tweets made by Twitter user with a handle @LordRotim who shared said:

"Yo peeps! This man was dropped behind Degema LGA NYSC Secretariat, getting close to 2 weeks now. I was not expecting to see him there today because some men came to check him out last week and I overheard that they might probably take the man to Port Harcourt for treatment.

"We only come here on Tuesdays for CDS so we didn't know if he was still there or not. Unfortunately, nothing has been done to help the dying man. This man cannot walk on his own, some of the toes on his right foot are already cut off and he's smelling seriously.

"His condition is so disheartening and it seems everybody is just waiting for the man to die there. I'm not sure he has eaten anything for days now. So I bought malt and biscuits so that he can eat something first but as it is, it seems he doesn't even have the strength to sit up.

"This man needs an immediate medical attention lest he dies in no distant time. Kindly retweet and tag the appropriate authorities in charge of taking care of cases like this in Rivers state.

"I just returned from the police station now. The DPO said there's nothing the police can do as of now as it is not a crime related issue but rather welfare and according to him, welfare is not the police job."

ALSO READ: Young man had sex with his girlfriend whom he last saw two years ago. Now this happen

"The DPO said the local government is supposed to be responsible for a situation like this but it's quite unfortunate they are not responding to it as they are well aware of the situation.

"So I went to the zonal hospital beside the Secretariat to ask if anything can be done about him, the man that attended to me said they can't render any treatment to the man unless they see one of his relations or anybody that will be responsible for him in terms of bills, bathing for the man, preparing food for him, taking him to the toilet to defecate, etc.

"I am just furious at 2 categories of people now; 1. The people that came to drop him there and left him for dead. 2. The public office that is responsible for a case like this, be it environmental or health. They are very irresponsible."

READ MORE https://www.believespot.com/2019/10/social-media-user-share-touching-story-of-a-man-abadoned-to-die-Rivers-State.html

Re: Twitter User Share A Touching Story Of A Man Abandoned To Die In Rivers State by Wantedmiller: 7:27am On Oct 16, 2019
Painful world
Re: Twitter User Share A Touching Story Of A Man Abandoned To Die In Rivers State by carzola(m): 7:36am On Oct 16, 2019
This one looks like a wizard that fell
From up...

May God help us...
Re: Twitter User Share A Touching Story Of A Man Abandoned To Die In Rivers State by daddytime(m): 7:57am On Oct 16, 2019
Kai...

A country of over religious bigots...

Inhumane and heartless is an understatement for sure.

On Fridays and Sundays dem no go let us hear word from mosques and churches but when they walk past where this one amongst them is left for dead, they'd turn the other way.

(1) (Reply)

Bladder Drug Can Cause Eye Damage / Check Whether You Have Prostrate Cancer And Take Good Care Of Yourself / For White Shiny Teeth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.