Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,401 members, 7,819,428 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? (1781 Views)

Being An Omnipotent, Can God Change Himself To Become Anything He Likes ? / ❤️❤️God Is EveryWhere God Is Omniscient God Is Omnipotent God Is Omnipresence / Does An Immortal Entity Needs Everlasting Life ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2019
As I understand it an omnipotent being can accomplish any desire that is logically possible. If this is so, conflict arises from unfulfilled desires, these could be fulfilled and all conflicts ended. Why isn't this the case?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by tintingz(m): 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2019
They can't explain this paradox.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by sonmvayina(m): 7:13pm On Oct 16, 2019
It is only the Christian God that has enemies... The creator of the Universe has none.. He created everything for a purpose... And everything accomplishes their purpose.....

The devil does not exist... And Satan simply refers to an adversary.. Which could be anything and anyone.. Which is a tool God created to measure our spiritual growth..
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 16, 2019
Because He chose to!

So Omnipotent, yet so humble.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2019
sonmvayina:
It is only the Christian God that has enemies... The creator of the Universe has none.. He created everything for a purpose... And everything accomplishes their purpose.....

The devil does not exist... And Satan simply refers to an adversary.. Which could be anything and anyone.. Which is a tool God created to measure our spiritual growth..

Why does it need that?
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 8:47pm On Oct 16, 2019
jesusjnr:
Because He chose to!

What is humble about choosing conflict?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 16, 2019
LordReed:

What is humble about choosing conflict?
Well I already answered the question of your Op, so you might have to open another thread to get the answer to this one.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by tintingz(m): 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2019
jesusjnr:
Because He chose to!

It seems God love drama.

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by peggywebbs(f): 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2019
You people have come again. The same God you don't believe in but is in your hearts and mind everyday.

Anyway the omnipotent God has a lot of enemies including you ungrateful elements that do not appreciate the reason for your existence. However , because he is merciful and loving that is why you are still living and witnessing the beauty of his creation.

You people will definitely experience God..those that fought harder than you have much to say. Good night you'all

2 Likes

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 16, 2019
tintingz:
It seems God love drama.
Well I don't know about drama, but I know God loves you. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Vic2Ree(m): 11:18pm On Oct 16, 2019
peggywebbs:
[s]You people have come again. The same God you don't believe in but is in your hearts and mind everyday.

Anyway the omnipotent God has a lot of enemies including you ungrateful elements that do not appreciate the reason for your existence. However , because he is merciful and loving that is why you are still living and witnessing the beauty of his creation.

You people will definitely experience God..those that fought harder than you have much to say. Good night you'all[/s]
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by johnydon22(m): 12:20am On Oct 17, 2019
peggywebbs:
You people have come again. The same God you don't believe in but is in your hearts and mind everyday.
There is nothing wrong in having a discussion about something you don't believe exists

And besides, God, affects everyone in indirect ways: In Government, on the street, buses, constitutional considerations, so yes, God is a matter of public concern since it affects the public.

Anyway the omnipotent God has a lot of enemies including you ungrateful elements that do not appreciate the reason for your existence.
To assert that a being that is omnipotent, omniscient, eternal, literally owns everything that exists can be antagonized or remotely care is mind blowing.

Seems incredible small and vulnerable to me then

However , because he is merciful and loving that is why you are still living and witnessing the beauty of his creation.
God sounds incredibly petty from this.

You people will definitely experience God..those that fought harder than you have much to say. Good night you'all
We live in a world that is saturated by the effects of God. We witnessed in the Crusades of the dark ages, inquisition, murder of millions of Africans in the name of evangelism and colonialism, North Eastern Nigeria is feeling it quite well, speakers hung all over Lagos and Abuja ridding us of sleep, on the streets with mad people screaming under the sun with washed out coats, in the buses.

Yeah, I'm betting we experience a lot of God already.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by johnydon22(m): 12:24am On Oct 17, 2019
The most mind blowing of it all is: God in JudeoChristian theology feels jealous.

If you are the omnipotent, omniscient, owner and creator of everything, of whom or what could you possibly be jealous of?

This is what you get when you elevate a tribal deity to the status of the universal creator.

Aken of Egypt tried it, the Israelis seem to be way more successful. They didn't just review their already established texts

6 Likes

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by nlPoster: 3:37am On Oct 17, 2019
LordReed:
As I understand it an omnipotent being can accomplish any desire that is logically possible. If this is so, conflict arises from unfulfilled desires, these could be fulfilled and all conflicts ended. Why isn't this the case?

Once again, your post has nothing to do with your topic, and you also as usual, present as fact unrelated premises.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by peggywebbs(f): 3:53am On Oct 17, 2019
I don't agree with you o. There are many things that don't exist and I don't see anyone talking about it everyday. I don't believe fairies exist and I don't raise topics about it. You athiests constantly raise topics about God everyday.

And please when you talk about the murder of millions in religion you all are still in error. How can you blame God for the murder of millions. You people have failed to seperate the work of a human being from that of a God you don't believe exist.

If a Christian kills it's the same as when a non believer kills. You kill with your hands, God doesn't put the guns in anybody's hands because he wants people to fight his battles. You keep comparing psychopaths that hide under religion. Extremism is not the work of God, it is just a mental patient with a bible.

And again God is omnipotent and yes he has enemies because the last time I checked we all have free will. It's the free will we have that allows you to come on nairaland to oppose the idea of a God. Like I said many times before your problem is not God, it is man. Man to man. Just as you don't believe in God, some other crazy people believe in aliens, some crazy people believe that when they fight for God they get virgins ,some will even think killing enemies of God means they get a share in ruling heaven. These are all mental patients.

johnydon22:
There is nothing wrong in having a discussion about something you don't believe exists

And besides, God, affects everyone in indirect ways: In Government, on the street, buses, constitutional considerations, so yes, God is a matter of public concern since it affects the public.

To assert that a being that is omnipotent, omniscient, eternal, literally owns everything that exists can be antagonized or remotely care is mind blowing.

Seems incredible small and vulnerable to me then

God sounds incredibly petty from this.

We live in a world that is saturated by the effects of God. We witnessed in the Crusades of the dark ages, inquisition, murder of millions of Africans in the name of evangelism and colonialism, North Eastern Nigeria is feeling it quite well, speakers hung all over Lagos and Abuja ridding us of sleep, on the streets with mad people screaming under the sun with washed out coats, in the buses.

Yeah, I'm betting we experience a lot of God already.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by hakeem4(m): 5:20am On Oct 17, 2019
peggywebbs:

I don't agree with you o. There are many things that don't exist and I don't see anyone talking about it everyday. I don't believe fairies exist and I don't raise topics about it. You athiests constantly raise topics about God everyday.
First of all, i feel god is very petty! when an atheist brings up a question about god. There are two major reasons
1) to understand how believers interpret god. (how they understand the concept of god)
2) to mock god

And please when you talk about the murder of millions in religion you all are still in error. How can you blame God for the murder of millions. You people have failed to seperate the work of a human being from that of a God you don't believe exist.
who commanded them to go on a killing spree? grin

If a Christian kills it's the same as when a non believer kills. You kill with your hands, God doesn't put the guns in anybody's hands because he wants people to fight his battles. You keep comparing psychopaths that hide under religion. Extremism is not the work of God, it is just a mental patient with a bible.
well, if i decide i want to go on a killing spree because i read a verse in my bible or my quran which commanded to kill non believers. (don't forget the holy book was supposedly authored by the omniscient and moral standard being). Then this means something is wrong with god and that particular religion

And again God is omnipotent and yes he has enemies because the last time I checked we all have free will. It's the free will we have that allows you to come on nairaland to oppose the idea of a God. Like I said many times before your problem is not God, it is man. Man to man. Just as you don't believe in God, some other crazy people believe in aliens, some crazy people believe that when they fight for God they get virgins ,some will even think killing enemies of God means they get a share in ruling heaven. These are all mental patients.

GOD CAN NOT BE OMNISCIENT AND HAVE FREE WILL AT THE SAME TIME!
How on earth is that possible?
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 5:53am On Oct 17, 2019
nairalandposter:

Once again, your post has nothing to do with your topic, and you also as usual, present as fact unrelated premises.

You can for clarification if you don't understand the question because there is no disagreement between the topic and the post.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by peggywebbs(f): 6:01am On Oct 17, 2019
Wow...I see. You lack understanding but anyway like I always say there is freedom of religion. You are free to believe whatever you can.

I believe there is a God and he is omnipotent. I believe he created me and everything in the universe. I do not think God is petty because he is not as foolish as you and I. If what I believe will save my soul. I choose my own path of salvation. I would rather believe in the existence of a God than trust any fellow man full of deceit and wickedness.

I don't know about you but a word is enough for the wise. You can choose to use 365 days mocking God. I will use 365 days to praise my God. I know the good things he has done for me and that is why I will remain firm. It costs me nothing to believe in God, I have nothing to lose either. I don't have any reasons to hate God but since you do no problem because I really don't know what he did to you.

If you are liking God to be behind the terrorists we face today good luck to you. We all have to make our choices and follow our paths in life. Not believing in God is yours while to another person it is first nature to them.

Life is like an exam. Some success, some fail and others fail to even meet up to write it. However, I will pray for you ,that God opens the heart of your understanding to see the truth and that he answers all your questions.

hakeem4:
First of all, i feel god is very petty! when an atheist brings up a question about god. There are two major reasons
1) to understand how believers interpret god. (how they understand the concept of god)
2) to mock god

who commanded them to go on a killing spree? grin

well, if i decide i want to go on a killing spree because i read a verse in my bible or my quran which commanded to kill non believers. (don't forget the holy book was supposedly authored by the omniscient and moral standard being). Then this means something is wrong with god and that particular religion

GOD CAN NOT BE OMNISCIENT AND HAVE FREE WILL AT THE SAME TIME!
How on earth is that possible?

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 6:40am On Oct 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
Well I already answered the question of your Op, so you might have to open another thread to get the answer to this one.

It is well within the ambit of this thread for that question to be answered.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by oaroloye(m): 7:23am On Oct 17, 2019
MISHIGAS!

LordReed:

FOOLS like yourself invent stupid theories about God, and then go insane trying to reconcile those stupid theories with logic, all the while denying that they have suffered a nervous breakdown, and given themselves multiple mental hernias.

In SCIENTOLOGY we are taught: BEGIN AT THE BEGINNING- not at the MIDDLE, not at the END, but at The Beginning.

1. Who was your AUTHORITY for teaching you the Attributes of God?

2. What is the definition of "OMNIPOTENCE," and who taught you that God possessed It?

3. Who is an "Enemy of God?"

4. How do you know that they were Enemies of God?

5. Who is a Friend, or Ally, or Servant of God?

6. How do you know them to be Friends, Allies, or Servants of God?

7. What is God?

8. What is God's Purpose?

9. What does God do to and for His Friends, Allies, Servants, and Enemies?

10. What is God incapable of doing?

INTELLIGENCE IS MEASURED BY THE ABILITY TO ANSWER QUESTIONS- NOT BY THE ABILITY TO ASK THEM!

11. Do you understand that by saying the wrong thing about God, you can destroy your Eternal Destiny?

Actually, I think that you have passed that point a long time ago.

People who serve God are a lot smarter than you appear to be.

. [u]PROVERBS 1:7.[u][b]

7. The Fear of The LORD
is The Beginning of Knowledge,
but Fools despise
Wisdom and Instruction.

[b]12. HOW IS IT THAT YOU WERE NOT AFRAID TO SPEAK BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE CREATOR?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by tintingz(m): 7:38am On Oct 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
Well I don't know about drama, but I know God loves you. smiley

Like allowing evil to exist, yeah he loves me.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 17, 2019
LordReed:

It is well within the ambit of this thread for that question to be answered.
No it's not!

The OP's question is about God's Omnipotence, not humility.

And I have dealt categorically with that.

So do as I've asked if you want an answer to the next question from me.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 17, 2019
tintingz:

Like allowing evil to exist, yeah he loves me.
Yes, by allowing you to exist, He loves you! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 9:02am On Oct 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
No it's not!

The OP's question is about God's Omnipotence, not humility.

And I have dealt categorically with that.

So do as I've asked if you want an answer to the next question from me.

You tied the god's omnipotence to humility not me so the question remains valid. Of course it's your prerogative to answer or not but I will not open another thread for it.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 9:07am On Oct 17, 2019
peggywebbs:

And you have come again not answering the question instead you want to launch into ad hominems. Yes we will talk about gods for as long as the questions from our previous religious training continue to impinge on our minds. Ironically, even if we expressed no desire to talk about your god, you'll believe some devil has stopped us from doing so, therefore we don't care what you think about it.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by tintingz(m): 9:33am On Oct 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
Yes, by allowing you to exist, He loves you! smiley
Did I tell him I want to exist?

You didn't answer the question, so God is love by allowing evil to exist?
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 17, 2019
LordReed:

You tied the god's omnipotence to humility not me so the question remains valid. Of course it's your prerogative to answer or not but I will not open another thread for it.
No I didn't.

What I tied to God Omnipotence as far as the Op was concerned, was His prerogative to chose, not His humility!

That's just a bonus for those who could comprehend it not for those who can't and would be questioning it.

So If you want to ask me questions, ignore the humility aspect and focus on my answer.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 17, 2019
tintingz:

I did, but you missed it.

So you can go back to my response to see where you missed my answer to your question.

Besides, i didn't tell you that God is love, but that God loves you. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 9:50am On Oct 17, 2019
jesusjnr:
No I didn't.

What I tied to God Omnipotence as far as the Op was concerned, was His prerogative to chose, not His humility!

That's just a bonus for those who could comprehend it not for those who can't and would be questioning it.

So If you want to ask me questions, ignore the humility aspect and focus on my answer.

This is your post:

jesusjnr:
Because He chose to!

This is you tying the omnipotence to the humility, there is no ambiguity here. If you didn't want to tie them together then why did you mention it? Besides my question still is focused on the choice. The choice for conflict does not in anyway show humility or omnipotence but I guess you have an innovative way of looking at it hence the question.
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by LordReed(m): 9:53am On Oct 17, 2019
tintingz:

Jehovah loves Satan ie Jehovah loves evil. LMFAO!
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 17, 2019
LordReed:

This is your post:

This is you tying the omnipotence to the humility, there is no ambiguity here. If you didn't want to tie them together then why did you mention it? Besides my question still is focused on the choice. The choice for conflict does not in anyway show humility or omnipotence but I guess you have an innovative way of looking at it hence the question.
I already explained myself bro, that it wasn't meant for you, or maybe I should take it out of the post because it seems to be distracting you from the answer I gave to your Op question.

And moreover It was not in the original post but the modified version.

So should I take it out, Lordreed?
Re: Why Does An Omnipotent Being Have Enemies? by Nobody: 9:56am On Oct 17, 2019
LordReed:

This is your post:

I already explained myself bro, that it wasn't meant for you, or maybe I should take it out of the post because it seems to be distracting you from the answer I gave to your Op question.

And moreover It was not in the original post but the modified version.

So should I take it out, Lordreed?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Step Mother -aasiyah Bello Oyedepo Died As A Muslim. / How My Friend Keep Suffering After Living T.b.joshua / Biblical Meaning Of Seeing Masquerade In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.