Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. (2199 Views)

Own A Wordpress Web Site At A Cheaper And Affordable Rate One Click Ahead. / Looking For A Script Like Nairaland For My Small Ghanaian Forum / My Small Web Project :: Webmasters See Dis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bd1(m): 3:42am On Nov 09, 2010
I want the site built using open source tools. "No .NET or ASP!" The code must also be human readable! I prefer a CMS back end like
wordpress or drupal. The site also has to provide a way for my technicians to up load pictures from sites and pdf files. I can offer a web server with apache, php, ftp, and mysql to help you complete the project.

I am posting this here because I want to offer contracts to other blacks before anyone else. This is a experment to see if I can do business with Nigeria.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 09, 2010
That kinda site will take me about 1-2 hours to develop using drupal, as per the programming aspect that is. If you have designed the layout already.
And i usually prefer apache web server too.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by georgen2u(m): 7:00am On Nov 09, 2010
Got it check out the site i newly Develop site www.afripals.com i can use Joomla. Drupal, or wordpress or hardcoded script just name it. Iam working on a new contract www.linkmypals.com soon to be online
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by ulotoyebta: 8:35am On Nov 09, 2010
I think i'm up to the task. Check out our website www.newchild-ng.com for our latest jobs and do contact us if you like what you see.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Tolu
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by mcfranc(m): 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2010
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bd1(m): 2:06pm On Nov 09, 2010
I will look closely when i get home. It is now 07:00 my time. I will get home about 18:00 my time.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bd1(m): 2:05am On Nov 10, 2010
I like all of the post. what should a project like this cost? How do I pay you I am in the united states.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bug24(m): 8:54am On Nov 10, 2010
please employe me, i designed these sites, www.yahoo.com and www.facebook.com grin
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bd1(m): 1:06pm On Nov 10, 2010
bug24:

please employe me, i designed these sites, www.yahoo.com and www.facebook.com grin

I need you to long into one of my servers to sign a contract. Only than can we start talking about money.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by Slyr0x: 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2010
bug24:

We designed it together. grin grin
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bug24(m): 1:09pm On Nov 10, 2010
oops!! oga is angry >>> hides under a plantain tree), sir pls am sorry. cool

lol @Slyr0x
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bd1(m): 2:37am On Nov 11, 2010
I did not what to believe what white people say about Nigeria. It is shamfull that I must do this myself or pay whites because are blacks can not be trusted to complete a simple task.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by dhtml3(m): 7:13am On Nov 11, 2010
bug24:

oops!! oga is angry >>> hides under a plantain tree), sir pls am sorry. cool

lol @Slyr0x
<<<chops down the plantashion tree with a matchet<<<
Slyr0x:

We designed it together. grin grin
ya forgot i was part of the develops too? or you want make i sound ya?
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bug24(m): 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2010
b-_-d:

I did not what to believe what white people say about Nigeria. It is shamfull that I must do this myself or pay whites because are blacks can not be trusted to complete a simple task.

Now lemme understand this. Have you engaged anyone already to do this for you and the person fd up? if so, maybe u aint engaging the right person.
yoruba say, Owo ile, no carry am go give ara ita o.

Webmasters in this section has carried out tasks that are farrr farrr farrr more serious and complex than what you need right now. Its just a matter of asking around in here for the right person to contract.

, :

<<<chops down the plantashion tree with a matchet<<<ya forgot i was part of the develops too? or you want make i sound ya?

oya abeg no vex, i been no wan mention ur name cos i want make the bros give me job, No cut me abeg, ok u follow. grin grin
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by Slyr0x: 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2010
b-_-d:

Really, WTF? And y re u generalizing everyone? Who gives a bleeping f.Cuk about what d white think 'bout US? Get a hold on yourself and stop d childish rant. . .Its the 21st century, U know!

+

Pray this doesn't enter the Front page. . . I doubt if its goin2 anyway.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by yawatide(f): 8:15pm On Nov 11, 2010
This is a experment to see if I can do business with Nigeria.

Totally uncalled for. Totally turns me off.

How would you feel if, during an interview in your locale, your prospective employer told you that he will hire you as an experiment to see if he can work with (insert color/nationality here) people?

I smell a major "mea culpa" coming up.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by dinggle: 8:53pm On Nov 11, 2010
A complete developer needs to be well rounded.
He/she needs to be able to plan, script, design, and have marketing & advertising abilities.
It could be a web design companies with above named services, though all of the above mentioned services has to be paid for by the client. It is easier getting a quote from one source than visiting different source for each service.
You need a developer with hands-on-the-job, one who knows what you want and how to incorporated ideas based on past hand-on-the job. For example. Someone that has experience on govt sites cant give you ideas on social networking site rather that designer will stiff necked you website and it will lack the kind of excitement that social net-workers crave.
That is why you need to look at each content of every designer and see which will suit your purpose.

I am surprised that everyone is indicating ability but no one has asked you about the purpose of your website and which area e.g social networking, marketing website, NGO, NP(non profit), educational, relationships etc. I know sometimes the situation back home can put people in a hasty mood and make them sound like they don't know what they are saying when infact the do!, but as professionals designers should know it is not an easy job to plan design, script and build a functioning website.

My first questions to you would be:
1. Whats the purpose of your intended website?
2. Will your website receive any form of payment?
3. Will it have membership ability?
4. Do u have a specific audience or target people?
5. Do u have a logo for your website? or will have have to brain storm a logo for you with your input?
6. Have you registered a name for your website?? Name registry is undoubtedly one of the most important part of a website if you are working with a limited advertising budget. A website name should be one that locks into the mind of your clients never to be forgotten. It should be easy to remember. In my previous hand-on-the-job I have had to change the website name for three clients here in America, Though they were reluctant at first but after informing them they jumped on it. Do you know why some investors just buy up names on registry and offer them for resale?? some web names posted for resale sale for as much as $5000 because they are reflective names that locks in the human minds. Now item #6 belongs to marketing and advertising department. But! if a developer doesn't have a marketing capability how will he/she know?

*Adds-on are very important on websites, an average website should have at least 3 adds-on link. Its a form of Marketing and helps you to be easily located either through search engines or on the add-on web portal.Web development is huge and the knowledge is not a stagnant one rather a continual process.

Although most designer here are interesting, some are work in progress which is good, I have seen 1 or 2 with no favicon (favorable icon) A favicon is very important in a website, it gives site credibility and trade mark.

I will advise you to post the purpose of your website if possible the name an ask individual designer to send you a quote, including a work plan. The purpose will help me plan for pricing and give me an idea of how intense the work will be.

While pricing is important you should concentrated more on what you can get from a designer rather than what he/she is charging, that way you can be sure of getting the one of the better head for your web project.

Samples of my work : www.galaxytraining.net
www.naijabuynsell.com

for more samples/info heat me up: info@i-webdesigner.net
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bug24(m): 11:39pm On Nov 11, 2010
Hmmm,  The power of COPY & PASTE. lol I'll mark your comprehension later. cheesy

becareful o before u exhaust all your ctrl C, ctrl V privileges. abi u no no say d thing dey finish?  grin This guy must giv u d work.

@Yawa,  thanks for opening my eyes at the poster's annoyin statement about [size=18pt]experimenting [/size]nigerians. Its realy ANNOYING. i neva realy got the drift. we be hungry people for africa na so we go dey run after people wey dey oyibo land for  2 - 2 dollars. mcheeewwww.

i wonder what the bot is even doing in this case!!!
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by utimatedes(m): 12:37am On Nov 12, 2010
@Dinggle: Thank God for free articles like Ezinearticle, Articlebase etc that we can copy free content paste and claim level.

@poster: As many as cheap and reliable webmasters/programmers in USA, you can't find one to do business with only to come here and insult us.

Are you telling me that with over 150millions Nigerians, they are all corrupt?

If you know that we are that bad, why did you come to look for us?

The so-called Americans, are there not corrupt citizen too?

I doubt your location! You just want to play on our intelligent.

Bleep you!
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by dinggle: 2:01am On Nov 12, 2010
@Ultimatedes
I took your post on positive note.  You used the word "claim level" Nobody claims level for a job not well done!!! AGREED??
Could you pls tell me which particular aspect of the website(s) I posted struck you as copy & paste(pls be particular with page)? Mind you the first one was built with a CMS because the poster request a CMS built website.
Don't let anger consume you its not only bad for your personality, it is for business. If we have something to learn from each other I m willing to learn cos what you don't know you can never know without learning. I did not position myself as the smartest in the industry, because truthfully there is none that can lay claim to that. If my clients are happy with my work plan that's most important to me but doesn't mean I shouldn't strive to improve myself and wow them.
I have not even position myself as wanting the job the poster posted because truthfully I doubt if the poster can satisfy my charges. What I did was let the poster know what to look for when looking for a designer. If that is too much for you or anyone to handle I'm sorry and you can ignore it.

**I'll be waiting to know what aspect(s) you or any other poster thinks is copy and paste!!! then I will answer back with an explanation or a defense and we can all learn!!! cos truthfully I dont know where you r coming from.

Honestly speaking the sites you posted Ezinearticle & Articlebase this is my first time of hearing and visiting them and honestly I couldn't navigate them because I hate sites stuffed with crowded information.

Your question about 150 million Nigerians been corrupt? if I could post a question back to you, would u say 1.47billion Muslims living the the world today r terrorist? because I personally get shivers when I board a flights wit a muslim on board. People will catch cold when doing business with Nigerians even tho there are those with impeccable standard living among us, its the bad name a few has given to the rest!!! Accept the era in which we live and hope for something better in the future.
I see you trust yourself which is good, but truthfully is not about trusting yourself it is about proving you can be trusted!!!!
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bug24(m): 2:08am On Nov 12, 2010
Thanks for that point!!! " I DOUBT IF THE POSTER CAN SATISFY MY CHARGES"

I'm only agreeing with you cos am m.a.d at the poster

>>>> 2:03am >>>> YAWNS and goes off to bed >>>>>>
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bd1(m): 12:26am On Nov 15, 2010
Slyr0x:

Really, WTF? And y re u generalizing everyone? Who gives a bleeping f.Cuk about what d white think 'bout US? Get a hold on yourself and stop d childish rant. . .Its the 21st century, U know!

+

Pray this doesn't enter the Front page. . . I doubt if its goin2 anyway.

Slow down fellow UNIX user. Web templates from big name companies are cheap and easy to buy. I only came here in hopes of doing business with you because you look more like myself than the people working for the large development companies. This hitting the front page would in no way effect the stereotypes often applied to groups around the world.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bd1(m): 12:45am On Nov 15, 2010
dinggle:

A complete developer needs to be well rounded.
He/she needs to be able to plan, script, design, and have marketing & advertising abilities.
It could be a web design companies with above named services, though all of the above mentioned services has to be paid for by the client. It is easier getting a quote from one source than visiting different source for each service.
You need a developer with hands-on-the-job, one who knows what you want and how to incorporated ideas based on past hand-on-the job. For example. Someone that has experience on govt sites cant give you ideas on social networking site rather that designer will stiff necked you website and it will lack the kind of excitement that social net-workers crave.
That is why you need to look at each content of every designer and see which will suit your purpose.

I am surprised that everyone is indicating ability but no one has asked you about the purpose of your website and which area e.g social networking, marketing website, NGO, NP(non profit), educational, relationships etc. I know sometimes the situation back home can put people in a hasty mood and make them sound like they don't know what they are saying when infact the do!, but as professionals designers should know it is not an easy job to plan design, script and build a functioning website.

My first questions to you would be:
1. Whats the purpose of your intended website?
2. Will your website receive any form of payment?
3. Will it have membership ability?
4. Do u have a specific audience or target people?
5. Do u have a logo for your website? or will have have to brain storm a logo for you with your input?
6. Have you registered a name for your website?? Name registry is undoubtedly one of the most important part of a website if you are working with a limited advertising budget. A website name should be one that locks into the mind of your clients never to be forgotten. It should be easy to remember. In my previous hand-on-the-job I have had to change the website name for three clients here in America, Though they were reluctant at first but after informing them they jumped on it. Do you know why some investors just buy up names on registry and offer them for resale?? some web names posted for resale sale for as much as $5000 because they are reflective names that locks in the human minds. Now item #6 belongs to marketing and advertising department. But! if a developer doesn't have a marketing capability how will he/she know?

*Adds-on are very important on websites, an average website should have at least 3 adds-on link. Its a form of Marketing and helps you to be easily located either through search engines or on the add-on web portal.Web development is huge and the knowledge is not a stagnant one rather a continual process.

Although most designer here are interesting, some are work in progress which is good, I have seen 1 or 2 with no favicon (favorable icon) A favicon is very important in a website, it gives site credibility and trade mark.

I will advise you to post the purpose of your website if possible the name an ask individual designer to send you a quote, including a work plan. The purpose will help me plan for pricing and give me an idea of how intense the work will be.

While pricing is important you should concentrated more on what you can get from a designer rather than what he/she is charging, that way you can be sure of getting the one of the better head for your web project.

Samples of my work : www.galaxytraining.net
www.naijabuynsell.com

for more samples/info heat me up: info@i-webdesigner.net

The web site is for a small black owned low voltage engineering company. We offer telecom services like 66 block, 110 block, T1, DSL, 3G, cisco router install and or and script design. We are also designing a linux based PBX system. Security alarm, camera, and point of sale were recently added. I wish to highlight the telecom services because they currently make the most money for my company.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by utimatedes(m): 10:40am On Nov 15, 2010
@dinggle: Forget about it. What will I gain from blasting you?
We are here to help.
I was just furious at the poster, If you know we are bad, shouldn't have come here
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bd1(m): 4:42pm On Nov 15, 2010
@dinggle is correct in his assessment it would be pointless to attack him. Attack the people damaging your image.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by utimatedes(m): 1:06am On Nov 16, 2010
@b-_-d: Can you provide me with the name of those who damage our image and I will crucify them?
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by dinggle: 11:28am On Nov 16, 2010
@b- -d
I will respond to your post later in the day.
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by dinggle: 1:13am On Nov 17, 2010
The information you sent though helpful was not enough for me to ride.
From my understanding of building you a functioning website, we are looking at 6-8 pages to include the following:
* Home
* About
* Services
* Design & Manufacture (requires your acceptance)
* Previous Projects (requires your acceptance)
* Future Projects(requires your acceptance)
* Points of Sale
* Contact us

The Service page will highlight services you offer, including, security alarm, camera etc.
* Since telecomm makes the most money for your firm, my plan is create page for your telecomm services readily visible on the top menu. The website will be CMS based as per your request and a simple to understand video link will be made available to your tech to become familiar with pix upload.

As a tax payer and a business owner, my fees are moderately streamlined to reflect cost of living here. I dont accept jobs that reflects my work as incomplete because of client's inability to pay for individual service that makes a design project whole & complete. It is my hope that a client either has the ability to do a service he/she is declining or has the intention of hiring a developer with lesser charge to complete the task. And the simple reason I dont is because I'm sold by my projects!!!

THE COST OF MY SERVICES ARE AS FOLLOWS:

1. Domain registration - $50 if name is available for purchase, cross purchasing could cost more if buying from someone who bought same name with the hope of selling for a profit.(Not applicable if client has a name already registered) However we do advise client on usefulness of a driven name. A driven name coupled with Web Marketing tools gives a website a functioning ability. We are not responsible if because of a dull name the website goes dull!

2. Mysql database configuration - $200 (Not applicable if client has server with Mysql )

3. PHP settings is free if working from my hosting server, if working with client's provided server - $100 to configure it for optimal operation.

4. General Web design and outlining with out scripting - $2000 (This price is based on my evaluation of designing a communication website for a small company)

5. Favicon trademark breeding and insertion - $350

6. Web Marketing (Includes: Google add-on, twitter add-on with a unique twitter design, LinkedIn add-on, Facebook add-on) $600 (Web Marketing firms charge up to $1500 for their services) As It is useless to stock goods with out having buyers so it is to build a website without web marketing for users to find out what it is about.

7. Web Scripting Service - $800 (Not applicable if client has scripted content readily available)

8. Logo design - $300 ( Not applicable if client has logo saved in a file and ready for upload)

9. Graphic Outline of company's name or front name - $200

Choose the service you want and compute it to know what it will cost you and post it for review.

If any area(s) require clarity pls ask me!!!!

Hopefully other in-house developers will also submit their estimate. This does not necessarily mean there is a job, but can be used as a learning process. That is my take, what's yours?
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bug24(m): 4:15pm On Nov 17, 2010
>>>> LANCHES GOOGLE.COM >>>> asks, google, pls who are those spoiling the image of the country? grin grin grin
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by bd1(m): 12:20am On Nov 18, 2010
bug24:

>>>> LANCHES GOOGLE.COM >>>> asks, google, pls who are those spoiling the image of the country? grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-435949.0.html
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by yawatide(f): 11:42am On Nov 18, 2010
And who is damaging the image of the US?

For starters:

1) Single, unwed mothers
2) Single parent homes
3) Rotten inner cities
Re: I Need A Web Site For My Small Company. by SpikesC1: 11:08pm On Nov 19, 2010
see how una dey here dey waste una time, una think say this maga go pay. maga wey dey find maga. go to his profile and see that it doesn't prove shits about him. usa citizens like updating there profiles wella.good luck to you guys sha and to our maga,plsssssssssssss, don't talk ill of us you racist god forsaken ,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Afrisoft Interactive Ltd: API Unlocking Issue / Promo Nigeria Open Publishers Review - Scam, Fraud And Click Bombing / Responsive Web Design(rwd) With Bootstrap Frontend Framework Overview (samples)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.