Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,073 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Oluwo Of Iwo Land Begs Not Be Criticized After Dumping His Traditional Outfit... - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oluwo Of Iwo Land Begs Not Be Criticized After Dumping His Traditional Outfit... (658 Views)

Photos Of Oba Elegushi, Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Land / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title / Photos: Oluwo Of Iwo Land Is All Shades Of Handsome In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluwo Of Iwo Land Begs Not Be Criticized After Dumping His Traditional Outfit... by Ogagist3: 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
Oluwo of Iwo Land, Oba Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi has begged not to be criticized after dumping his traditional outfit for a "swags" outfit because of cold.

The Osun Monarch who is currently in Canada, said in an Instagram post that he is adding swags to royalty with the foreign outfit. He also pointed out that many Kings wear contemporary clothes.

Oba Akanbi wrote;

COMING IN FROM THE COLD !!!
Please dont criticise me for being versatile and adding "SWAGS" to Royalty! Many kings wear contemporary clothes but I think my swags is the real issue here.... let everybody swag down...it's called "confidence" in one self #ouneriewi #ouneriero Alakanbi seun epe kose

More gist here : https://maniagist.com/2019/10/17/oluwo-of-iwo-land-begs-not-be-criticized-after-dumping-his-traditional-outfit-to-add-swags-to-royalty-with-foreign-outfit/

1 Like

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Land Begs Not Be Criticized After Dumping His Traditional Outfit... by Ogagist3: 1:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
cry
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Land Begs Not Be Criticized After Dumping His Traditional Outfit... by Officialgarri: 2:20pm On Oct 17, 2019
I'm sure when this one's father was about to die, he would be so disappointed that this is the son he must hand over to.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Land Begs Not Be Criticized After Dumping His Traditional Outfit... by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2019
grin
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Land Begs Not Be Criticized After Dumping His Traditional Outfit... by Realcash224(m): 2:30pm On Oct 17, 2019
How does it promote the cultural heritage of his people! Afonja in Canada.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Land Begs Not Be Criticized After Dumping His Traditional Outfit... by cenaman(m): 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2019
Swagger king.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Land Begs Not Be Criticized After Dumping His Traditional Outfit... by nlPoster: 3:07pm On Oct 17, 2019
See better furnishings than what is available to most people in Nigeria.

I almost feel bad for disputing on the thread where someone posted pictures of Canada and compared it to Nigeria.
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Land Begs Not Be Criticized After Dumping His Traditional Outfit... by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
Someone should tell this kings to stop medializing his life...he is a custodian of cultural heritage and not a social media advert..haba
Re: Oluwo Of Iwo Land Begs Not Be Criticized After Dumping His Traditional Outfit... by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2019
Those walls and floor finishings! cool

(1) (Reply)

Attah Of Igala: 10 Facts To Know About The Late Paramount Ruler Of Kogi / Late Of Emir Of Biu Buried(photos) / Parents Wear Their Kids Igbo Attire,teach Them Igbo Dance So To Know Their Roots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.