Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 (38570 Views)

Wesley Sneijder Now Looks Twice His Size In New Photos / Wesley Fofana Takes Final Decision On Joining Chelsea / Wesley Fofana Breaks His Fast During Match, Thanks EPL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by ackim: 3:31pm On Oct 18, 2019
"At 14, I needed to get some money, because it was difficult at that age. With my first kid, I said that I had to do everything to become a footballer."

Wesley's dad passed away when he was just nine years old. "When my father died, it was difficult because my mum was alone with me and my brothers but she worked and now today I do everything for her.

"When I finish training I call my mum because she is everything. My mum did everything to help me play so everyday when I come home I call her." It's not just his mother and brothers who he has supporting Villa from back home in the south-east of Brazil.

"I had my first child when I was 14 years old, it was difficult because it was during this time that I started to try and play football professionally. I had to work in the day and then go to training in the evening."

Playing football and being a father proved a tough balancing act but he began to take the sport more seriously when baby number two came along. "I was 14 when I had my first kid and 16 when I had my second. When I had my children I told myself I had to do everything to be a football player."

It was a lot of pressure for Wesley to deal with, the Premier League must seem like a breeze, "When I play I have to think about my family, my kids, my mum, everybody."

The clock was ticking then. Make it as a professional footballer or get a job in order to support his new family. Wesley made the journey to Spain for six months but despite training and learning from Diego Costa, his trial didn't work out at Atletico Madrid.

Shorter spells in France went the same way and he soon found himself back in Brazil working in a factory, "I had to do something," he says. "I had to get money for my kids. I would go to a team and every team said no. I went to six teams before going to Slovakia.

"When I went to the sixth team I thought I didn't want to play football anymore. I thought it was finished for me. Then I got a chance."

The opportunity came when he was 19 in a small town called Trencin in Slovakia, quite the contrast to what he was used to. "The first few weeks there were difficult. It was very very cold. The first three months I think it was snowing all the time."

He gestures towards his toes. "I came from Brazil and I couldn't feel my feet so it was difficult to play football." Temperatures barely climbed above freezing in Trencin but that was where Wesley's career began to take an upward trajectory.

He converted from a midfielder to a striker. "When you play midfield you have to think fast and then I moved to play as a striker and kept thinking fast." A forward as sizeable as Wesley was a tricky proposition for defenders and a transfer to Club Brugge in Belgium quickly followed.

Nineteen league goals across two seasons saw Villa pay out a club-record fee for Wesley following their promotion to the Premier League, so does the 22-year-old think about what might have been? "I am very happy playing in the Premier League in the biggest competition in the world.

"Every day I think about the past, you know, what I was thinking when teams were saying no to me so I'm very happy now that I have this job."

Wesley's rise from struggling to make ends meet in Brazil to early success in England becomes even more remarkable when you consider that he has a condition he can do nothing about.

His right leg is almost three centimetres shorter than his left. "I don't know what I can say", he chuckles. "I have my legs like this you know and I don't have any pain or anything like that. I hope to continue like this."

Wesley's head coach at Aston Villa Dean Smith does his due diligence before signing any player. He goes to meet them and looks for one particular first impression. "Can they hold a conversation with me?" Smith says.

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/10/aston-villa-striker-wesley-i-had-my.html

3 Likes

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by Abfinest007(m): 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2019
but here in Nigeria that age (14)will still be crying mummy

68 Likes

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by Bewiseedet(m): 3:49pm On Oct 18, 2019
Plenty talents done die off for this our naija.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by presleYzzi(m): 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2019
grin

Spoilt brat

5 Likes

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by oluwasegun007(m): 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
I envy him small...

11 Likes

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by bangbangall: 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
Congrats

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by timibare(m): 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
Sharp shooter....only if e could act fast on the pitch like is sperms
Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by DonX001: 7:44pm On Oct 18, 2019
Omo, this guy na Super striker o! shocked shocked shocked

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by SnitramMedia: 7:44pm On Oct 18, 2019
He said that's why he chose football cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mr. Eazi- Zagadat
Peruzzi- Prebembem
Davido- Shekpe
Timaya- Chulo
Zlatan- Kapaichumaremachupako

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zOvjCh4y-w

2 Likes

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by Bashoruntolu(m): 7:44pm On Oct 18, 2019
Wow

1 Like

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by Lewisalexander(m): 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2019
Noted
Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by solmusdesigns: 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2019
cool

Football Age wahala.. you have to start giving lamba to cover lamba.. even taye taiwo and Uzoho had both explained why thier younger brothers are older looking

Well if Buhari's nephew Mamman Cabal Daura could be older than him, and still stays in his young Uncles house at 70 years plus nothing surprises me anymore

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by PureGoldh(m): 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2019
Issoryt.... Congratulations to him.

He is really a good player who is full of real Natural energy...seems he takes Honey on daily basis.

Well..He should call or whatsapp 0 8 1 0166 67 71 if he needs Pure Natural Original Honey

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2019
So send am make e go f@ck?
Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by Mrnoniz(m): 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2019
Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by Slawormir: 7:46pm On Oct 18, 2019
Okay
Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by udoekere: 7:46pm On Oct 18, 2019
If he was a nigerian he for don go do yahoo yahoo
Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by AroleOduduwa2: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2019
Trying to justify his football age

2 Likes

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2019
Abfinest007:
but here in Nigeria that age will still be crying mummy

Uzoho is 20

Chukwueze is 20

Osimhen 21

wetin you come dey talk na

6 Likes

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by bamidell(m): 7:49pm On Oct 18, 2019
And you believe his age?
Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by Mariangeles(f): 7:49pm On Oct 18, 2019
In Brazil, they live recklessly!
Imagine fathering a child at 14, and the second at 16 undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by cenaman(m): 7:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
The gospel says "go yee into the world and multiply" my guy is keeping to the words of GOD.
Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
Speechless
Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by Kendumazy(m): 7:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
Nice one! His children will just be like his younger brother or younger sister. If i come this world second time, will love to give birth early!

3 Likes

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by WonderManly(m): 7:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
I'm in Nigeria. So...

3 Likes

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by etrange: 7:50pm On Oct 18, 2019
See as peeps are hailing him above. Imagine if it was a female that said this; Olosho! Shameless! Lose! Etc...

#InsideLife

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by damosky12(m): 7:53pm On Oct 18, 2019
Don't be fooled guys. grin. Football age propaganda!
He was just trying to cover up something

3 Likes

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by goddon4me: 7:53pm On Oct 18, 2019
12 yrs? that's a young age

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by sinceraconcept(m): 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2019
Age14? too terrible. And these are the types of people some fools look up to

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wesley Moraes: I Had My First Kid At 14 & Second At 16 by Toks2008(m): 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2019
Seriously!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Of These Football Records Is Unbreakable? / Asisat Oshoala All Swagged Up In New Photo / Kamaru Usman: I Go Soon Beat Person Pikin Again (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.