Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian (28029 Views)

Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses / Monarch, Emmanuel Onyeike-Efeizomor, Sleeps With Snake For 5 Days / Ijebu Monarch Funso Omo–Ogunkoya Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
Wao! 64yrs. Dats d total life span of some people
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by pekelepekele(m): 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
playmode: [size=15pt]What is the purpose or benefit of all these kings and queens in Nigeria? What purpose do they serve? I also come from a royal family in Ado Ekiti but i have not seen any positive impact my family has made on the community of Ado Ekiti. We Africans need to get our priorities straight and do away with all these monarchs that do not benefit our communities in anyway.We can not afford all these leeches who do not contribute anything to the progress of our country except to make corrupt deals with corrupt politicians.[/size]

Mr man before we had a president their have been different kings in this country and i doubted it that you will be called to become a king in any part of the country and you will say no to that

1 Like

Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by Symphony007: 12:52pm On Jun 17, 2013
I have single handedly pushed the MOD into making this story frontpage. Am i not too much? Who else can do this?
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by Iykeponti(m): 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
Dis one na low key, i neva hear dis name before grin besides, how many jobs did he create in his community 4all dis years?

1 Like

Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by Bashirfuntua(m): 1:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
k=end of conversation. Now k
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by Maxrider17(m): 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]long live the king and may God strengthen you and shower you with more wisdom and gud health to continue your reign!
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by Frostyzone(m): 1:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
Hmmmn....what to write....
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by Frostyzone(m): 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
Symphony007: I have single handedly pushed the MOD into making this story frontpage. Am i not too much? Who else can do this?

And so?
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by Okeikpu(m): 2:52pm On Jun 17, 2013
Story!
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by samseen02(m): 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
Follow this link to learn how to make wealth Doing Snail Business... http://wealthmeans..com/2013/06/wealth-in-snail-farming-business.html
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by waja(m): 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
Caleboha: Do the maths please! He is the longest ruling monarch. 86-22= 64 for our guy. 79-19=60 for the Thai guy! Give naija whatever she deserves, don't steal it!
. You're right dear, unless He's 82yrs.
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by Ikbobby(m): 3:46pm On Jun 17, 2013
MY VILLAGE!!!
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by Jesslord: 4:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
Diz wat nigerian politicians wil see nd opine for 3rd term in office nd when they cld nt,they luk for obedient boi who wil serve their interest.they wil 4get dat diz is tradition nd dat culture supports it. Igwe IYKE enjoy ua throne joor.
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by Jalal(m): 5:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
Symphony007: I have single handedly pushed the MOD into making this story frontpage. Am i not too much? Who else can do this?

Thank the Emir of Kano's 50th year anniversary thread for dat!!
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by Orokita(m): 6:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
:oDude, don't mean to bust ur bubble but the years/ages don't add up! Seriously, I doubt the credibilty of the whole story except u can spin some more gibberish then I might just begin to comprehend how this affects the fact that I don't give a shit!!!! I hereby move a motion that this thread be taken off the front page till the "poster" can constructively waste our time!!!! #smh.
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by iszyboy(m): 6:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
fr3do: My mom was once a principal in his community's secondary school.
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by iszyboy(m): 6:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
fr3do: My mom was once a principal in his community's secondary school.
who ask you....... nwa teacher
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by playmode(m): 8:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
pekelepekele:

Mr man before we had a president their have been different kings in this country and i doubted it that you will be called to become a king in any part of the country and you will say no to that

[size=15pt][b]Why would i want to be a king? Sorry but i am not stuck in 1930.I will rather be an inventor who invents something for the benefit of mankind like the cure of HIV instead of sitting on one silly throne doing absolutely nothing to better my community or my race.I am not one of those primitive Nigerians who enjoy ambiguous titles.I don't want to be called chief ,igwe ,Alhaji ,oba,otunba,Balogun or any other silly title that serves no purpose for the common good of my people.What has these monarchs ever done for Nigerians?

Even before the arrival of the colonial powers what did these monarchs do for Africans? All they did was make us their subjects and sell as slaves to the colonial masters.Most countries in the west outgrew the monarchical systems and moved to the modern age.The western world embraced education,intellectual thought and science and till these day the western world is responsible for 99% of most of the benefit we enjoy in the modern world.Africa on the other is still stuck in the past with silly traditions ,beliefs and mentalities. It is only Nigerians with a low IQ and low self esteem who value titles.I am a very successful man with a lovely family,that is all i ever wanted.I don't need any chieftaincy titles,the term "Mr" will do me just fine.[/b][/size]
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by mbulela: 9:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
playmode: [size=15pt]What is the purpose or benefit of all these kings and queens in Nigeria? What purpose do they serve? I also come from a royal family in Ado Ekiti but i have not seen any positive impact my family has made on the community of Ado Ekiti. We Africans need to get our priorities straight and do away with all these monarchs that do not benefit our communities in anyway.We can not afford all these leeches who do not contribute anything to the progress of our country except to make corrupt deals with corrupt politicians.[/size]
while we are doing away with them,lets also do away with the politicians. One and the same.
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by 99cent: 2:57am On Jun 18, 2013
nobody has heard of him maybe that's why he has managed to stay in "power" for that long.
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by ifysimple(f): 8:45am On Jun 18, 2013
But the man is dead now? He died of recent. I even saw it on the newspaper. When i was serving in Delta state, we(corpers then) paid him a solidarity visit.
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by kolamilan(m): 9:45am On Jun 18, 2013
noted
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by fpeter(f): 1:07pm On May 27, 2015
My Obi....his son is the new king and he is also bornaga...Deeper Life cheesy
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by jbblues24(m): 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2019
Vastly exquisite texture. cry
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 24, 2019
Re: World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 25, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS. / Yusuf Lawal: Katsina Emirate Sacks Kankara District Head For Sponsoring Bandits / Kneel Down And Feed Your Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.