Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. (9582 Views)

Alake Is A Junior King In Yorubaland – Awujale / 10 Cultural Taboos In Yorubaland! (things You Must Never Do) / A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by oludashmi(f): 8:46am On Nov 11, 2010
@Aloy
I am 100000% christian
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 11, 2010
guddsid:

infidelity is prominent in the southwest but its because of the "freewill" like you said . There is no value for marriage in the southwest (judging by what i have seen , other people's view might be different) [/b]and this is because in the southwest there is no culture of paying a certain price for the bride . f[b]or example in hausa land , most of them still practice the marital ritual of being whipped with the cane for some time just to show that the man is ready to take anything for his precious wife to be (sounds barbaric but its a price) , the Igbo's and the ND folks pay a bride price / dowry and they get to buy a couple of valuable thing just to let the family of the girl know that they appreciate them bringing such a beautiful person into this world and that they are ready to do anything to marry her , However in the southwest its a different issue . There is little or no price paid for the bride and we all know humans don't appreciate what you get for "free" despite the silly saying that "the best things in life a free"lol , This makes the husband engage in wife battery and extra marital affairs and this opens the doors fot the husband to consider getting another wife because there is a 99% chance that he would get her for "free" too [/b]and t[b]he wife feeling miserable has to turn into the hands of another "caring" man outside their marriage , while all this is going on the little children (boys or girls) are learning from this and when they find themselves in such a situation they would either do what their mom or dad did . so the cycle goes on and on and that's probably why there's infidelity in the southwest of Nigeria. cry
[b]

1. The crap you wrote shows that you know nothing about Yorubaland. Google is easy and friendly. I'm sure that if you had looked it up, you'd know that Yoruba men pay bride prices [bring those items] to the bride's parent the day of the wedding. After the wedding, the husband cannot ask for his gifts back, so your idea that lack of dowry does not keep the marriage together is bull

2. Are you insinuating that the dowry prices that Igbo men pay [bought their wife] reduces the divorce cases in Igboland? Expatiate more on that.
Because I don't get how men can boast about buying their women and by doing so, it keeps them in the marriage. And the irony of the matter is that he dared to talk about "caring" men when most of them live with the mentality of "I bought you, You're mines".

3. Upon on the bulls you've posted, you still havent shown the data to prove that Igbo women are more promiscuous in marriage. Generalizing is a byatch lol.

4. Talk about ignorance and low self-esteem. This is not about Igbo vs. Yoruba. Do that in politics plz[/b]
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 11, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 11, 2010
guddsid:

you are a very ignorant person because all you seem to know is igbo vs yoruba , igbo this , igbo that . who told you thats how i view the topic on this thread ? i am telling you what i know about yoruba's who i have lived with , i have lots of them as friends also and they always say the same thing about the promiscuous nature of the average yoruba girl , i have friends who have studied and served (NYSC) in the S/W . You would be really dumb to think of my advice to yoruba women as an insult . Anyway it only shows the bible is right when it said "advice a wise man and he becomes your friend , advice a fool and you become his enemy "

Yes, as usual. After attempting on feeding ppl the overall ignorant generalized statement that infidelity is prominent in one are, they come up with these stories about knowing these ppl and talking t these ppl and seeing ish.

Where is the data to show that Igbo women are more promiscuous in marriage as you earlier stated?

Sooo sick of all these tribalistic henchmen. Just look thru your posts and see how sad your hate for Yoruba ppl are cry cry Talk about ignorant.
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 11, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 11, 2010
guddsid:

you made a mistake on your post so i had to correct you . Look do you have a yoruba friend (a guy )over there if yes , has he lived in the south western part of Nigeria ? if yes ask him to be honest with you and tell you what he thinks about yoruba women and if he doesn't have any answer to that then tell him to ask his friends you would see that i know what i am talking about , i wouldn't want to use my own experience because you would jump on my neck and start screaming tribalist and i know very well that i am not a tribalist , if you look at my threads you would notice that i am a 100% Nigerian , i just hate tribalism and things like that . Unlike you , you and a few others love taking jabs at hausa's and igbos . users like namfav and alj harem know you well as well as a few others

Less talking and more Googling for that data that shows that Igbo women are more promiscuous in Nigeria. Your words are not credible, judging from your past NL tribalist post, so we cannot trust you enough. Esp when you're known to generalize.

He hates tribalism? Can someone plz go thru his NL posts and see how ironic his statement is? That's why I we cant trust his words and his calculations about Igbo women being the most promiscuous in NIgeria. What a brash generalization
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 11, 2010
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 11, 2010
guddsid:

you said i should do some "googling" i did some look here

[url]http://books.google.com.ng/books?id=fwc5AAAAIAAJ&pg=PA58&lpg=PA58&dq=infidelity+yoruba&source=bl&ots=b9_Dblj1Zm&sig=h8Py2tg9o-MkaWQZtneVlP8SR38&hl=en&ei=qbbbTPv-O4-T4QaK2ajqBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBUQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=infidelity%20yoruba&f=false[/url]

i really didn't know how to get the screen shot so if you can please place pages 57 and 58 [/b]here on NL . According to the book Mr Fadipe (a yoruba i believe ) says on page 58 that [b]divorce in yoruba marriages use to be very rare but now they are among the most unstable marriages in Africa with more than 5% breaking up every year and most of the women are already pregnant when they decide to go out of the relationship . It also says that most of yoruba men who file for divorce do so on the grounds of adultery and infidelity on the part of the yoruba wife .  Also Mr Olusanya (definitely a yoruba man ) who was part of the research stated  that most divorce cases are not related to infertility on the part of the man or woman but that the wife has become pregnant by her lover outside her marital union .  It also says that immediately after  the divorce the yoruba woman goes into her lovers home (meaning she already has a lover while still in her marital union) . Look i am not a tribalist , you advised me to do some googling and i did just that !  now you do as i suggested , ask yoruba men around you what they think about the s3x life of yoruba girls and women at this present time and you would see what they would tell you . i know what i am talking about ok

On the ground that that report was done in 1968? Inst it the samre journalist that assumed that infidelity is rampant in Igboland? Or do you want the men on here to tell their own lil stories like you previously did?

http://books.google.com.ng/books?id=-izvasklcJAC&pg=PA242&dq=infidelity+igbo&hl=en&ei=c7zbTOGfJcL6lwevttGMCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDMQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=infidelity%20igbo&f=false

And you're using it to proof the theory of divorce cases today.

But still, pat yourself on the back for trying and doing a little research.
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 11, 2010
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by quadrant4: 11:19am On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke Idi which part of Ekiti are you from?
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 11, 2010
quadrant4:

Ileke Idi which part of Ekiti are you from?
Who is asking?

guddsid:

your link talks about igbo men infidelity not women . I know why you are very angry @ my post , you think i am coming from a "tribalistic" point and if you take the time out to read my post on this thread you would notice that i am not a tribalist , Have you bothered asking any yoruba man what i told you to ask them ?
Angry how?

You claimed that yorubaland is more promiscuous with a data [first time] while the same source also claimed that it occurs in Igboland. And who were the married men cheating with? No be woman? Are you happy because the 1968 data didnt say married women?
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by quadrant4: 11:25am On Nov 11, 2010
I am the one asking i wanna know because i am from Ekiti state and i appreciate your level of intelligence in all u wrote please keep it up.
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 11, 2010
quadrant4:

I am the one asking i wanna know because i am from Ekiti state and i appreciate your level of intelligence in all u wrote please keep it up.
Thanks wink

Which side of Ekiti are you from?
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by quadrant4: 11:28am On Nov 11, 2010
Ijero Ekiti though i have not been there for past 20 years. What about you?
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 11, 2010
quadrant4:

Ijero Ekiti though i have not been there for past 20 years. What about you?
Lol as expected. Never stay home grin
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by quadrant4: 11:35am On Nov 11, 2010
Wowww many of us have really turned to lagosians. Anyway is my pleasure knowing you. Please what's your real name mine is Bankole.
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by quadrant4: 11:41am On Nov 11, 2010
Whenever you come on line you can mail me on bankedee@yahoo.com and i will appreciate it if you drop your yahoo mail address as well. Thnaks
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by quadrant4: 11:55am On Nov 11, 2010
Ileke Idi are you still with me?
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by GNBohr: 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2010
guddsid and aloy+emeka, your knowledge and understanding of yorubaland, its people, history, culture, traditions and religion practices are totally wrong and biased.

Just like the Europeans and Americans see Nigerians as corrupt, fraudulent, 419ers, tricksters, dupes, unreliable, drug-pushers, dishonest; and we all rise to say that is not true. Our reason - just because a few Nigerians commits these atrocities doesnt make all of us bad.

I dont know if you (guddsid/aloy+emeka) live in Europe, am sure you must have witnessed directly or indirectly the maltreatment of Nigerians as a result of this general misconceptions. I call it a misconception because am a Nigerian.

Just like you bring some references and data to buttress your argument on the Yoruba polygamous/divorce issue, so also abound research work and references, information and statistical data that establishes these misconceptions against the people of Nigeria. They never make these assertions right or correct.

Just like what the Europeans and Americans know about Nigerians are not totally true, what you people claim to know about Yorubas are very much misplaced. It is a fact that human being are deficient in their assessment and judgement of others because of prejudices, biases, misconceptions and ignorance. These human failings affect our world view, positions, principles, philosophies and hypotheses.

These human failings are so dominant in our psyche that it influences our decisions and policies. Among the igbos for instance, there are issues that separates them, the Osu caste is an example. Ditto in other national ethnicities in Nigeria.

It is convenient to say that the Yorubas are bad in the way they organise and handle their affairs, family, religion, trade, profession, government, intra-tribal and inter-tribal relationships. It is also convenient to say that Igbos, Hausas, Itshekiris, Ijaws, Fulanis, Ibibios, Efiks, Isokos, Idomas, Junkuns, Tivs, Igalas, Tapas, Kanuris, etc are similarly bad in certain areas that they organise and handle their affairs, family, religion, trade, profession, government, intra-tribal and inter-tribal relationships.

There is no culture that is totally bad and there is no culture that is totally good. That is why social scientist proves that culture is dynamic and will keep evolving. I have many aspects of Yoruba, igbo, Hausa, Itshekiri, Ijaw, Fulani, Ibibio, Efik, Isoko, Idoma, Junkun, Tiv, Igala, Tapa, Kanuri, etc cultures as well of cultures of Europeans, Americans, Chinese, Indians, Malaysians, Arabs, Jews, etc.

How yorubas live now is not the same way they lived hundred years ago and will not live the way they are now a century from now. The problem I have with people like you two is that you use a microcosm as a macrocosm but the world and its people really are a spectrum.

In all how you see and understand a people is a function of the kind of interaction you have with some members of that group of people. I remember being told that Akan people eats human flesh and I was given loads of references and witnesses to convince me not to live amongst them or get too close in relationships with them. How indeed wrong that claim came out to be.

You cannot totally agree with some aspects of other people's culture just like others will not totally agree with your own people's culture. So enough of running other cultures down.
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by oludashmi(f): 3:17pm On Nov 11, 2010
GNBohr:

guddsid and aloy+emeka, your knowledge and understanding of yorubaland, its people, history, culture, traditions and religion practices are totally wrong and biased.

Just like the Europeans and Americans see Nigerians as corrupt, fraudulent, 419ers, tricksters, dupes, unreliable, drug-pushers, dishonest; and we all rise to say that is not true. Our reason - just because a few Nigerians commits these atrocities doesnt make all of us bad.

I dont know if you (guddsid/aloy+emeka) live in Europe, am sure you must have witnessed directly or indirectly the maltreatment of Nigerians as a result of this general misconceptions. I call it a misconception because am a Nigerian.

Just like you bring some references and data to buttress your argument on the Yoruba polygamous/divorce issue, so also abound research work and references, information and statistical data that establishes these misconceptions against the people of Nigeria. They never make these assertions right or correct.

Just like what the Europeans and Americans know about Nigerians are not totally true, what you people claim to know about Yorubas are very much misplaced. It is a fact that human being are deficient in their assessment and judgement of others because of prejudices, biases, misconceptions and ignorance. These human failings affect our world view, positions, principles, philosophies and hypotheses.

These human failings are so dominant in our psyche that it influences our decisions and policies. Among the igbos for instance, there are issues that separates them,  the Osu caste is an example. Ditto in other national ethnicities in Nigeria.

It is convenient to say that the Yorubas are bad in the way they organise and handle their affairs, family, religion, trade, profession, government, intra-tribal and inter-tribal relationships. It is also convenient to say that Igbos, Hausas, Itshekiris, Ijaws, Fulanis, Ibibios, Efiks, Isokos, Idomas, Junkuns, Tivs, Igalas, Tapas, Kanuris, etc are similarly bad in certain areas that they organise and handle their affairs, family, religion, trade, profession, government, intra-tribal and inter-tribal relationships.

There is no culture that is totally bad and there is no culture that is totally good. That is why social scientist proves that culture is dynamic and will keep evolving. I have many aspects of Yoruba, igbo, Hausa, Itshekiri, Ijaw, Fulani, Ibibio, Efik, Isoko, Idoma, Junkun, Tiv, Igala, Tapa, Kanuri, etc cultures as well of cultures of Europeans, Americans, Chinese, Indians, Malaysians, Arabs, Jews, etc.

How yorubas live now is not the same way they lived hundred years ago and will not live the way they are now a century from now. The problem I have with people like you two is that you use a microcosm as a macrocosm but the world and its people really are a spectrum.

In all how you see and understand a people is a function of the kind of interaction you have with some members of that group of people. I remember being told that Akan people eats human flesh and I was given loads of references and witnesses to convince me not to live amongst them or get too close in relationships with them. How indeed wrong that claim came out to be.

You cannot totally agree with some aspects of other people's culture just like others will not totally agree with your own people's culture. So enough of running other cultures down.

Gbam!
Gbam!
Wow! You are too much. . .well said from start to finish. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by SisiKill1: 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2010
DapoBear:

Dude, you've really to provide references for things you claim. Which study demonstrated this?
The pullingitouttaherass study demonstrated this. . . But sometimes she neednt even go that far in for reference, all she has to do think it. This is fondly known as the "Funmi thinks it, therefore it's true" data.
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by SisiKill1: 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2010
DapoBear:

In other words, you pulled it out of your backside. No offense, but that is not the methodology legitimate social scientists use to make statements like that. If it is pure speculation, then say so. If original research, write it up somewhere so we can see the methodology you use to come to your conclusion. If published research, reference it.
Aaah! Shoulda known you would be very quick on the uptake. Usually people spend more hours than necessary arguing with the Nairaland Amazon known Aloy Emeka before realizing that. . . Well, there's really nothing up there.

So good for you!
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by frgy1: 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2010
@goodsid . How did u com about ur info of men been flogd as a bride price in present day northern nigeria? Una go just open mouth dey yarn dust. You heard stories while growin up, now u pass them on as fact?
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Obiagu1(m): 11:43pm On Nov 11, 2010
Reading all the post on this particular page, I'll say some people have already gone crazy. See wetin NL dey do people. Kai!
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 11, 2010
GNBohr:

These human failings are so dominant in our psyche that it influences our decisions and policies. Among the igbos for instance, there are issues that separates them, the Osu caste is an example. Ditto in other national ethnicities in Nigeria.

I owe you dinner and a cup of tea.
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by dayokanu(m): 12:35am On Nov 12, 2010
^^^How many rounds do you owe me?
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Oxygenmayo(m): 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2010
Never mind the polygamy stuff, Itz all about yoruba culture; education or poverty ain't the major cause. it stem out from the hubbie's blood, Yoruba women need to pswrd their hubbie's "thing", lolz
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by IGBOboyy(m): 6:03pm On Nov 14, 2010
Valuable is only Valuable to he who values it. With that said let me point out 2 things

1, Things that come cheap or free are hardly or never valued

2, Yoruba dowries are one of the cheapest in the world

Both points says it all.
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 14, 2010
IGBOboyy:

Valuable is only Valuable to he who values it. With that said let me point out 2 things

1, Things that come cheap or free are hardly or never valued

2, Yoruba dowries are one of the cheapest in the world

Both points says it all.

So increasing the bride price would safe marriages?
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by IGBOboyy(m): 6:22pm On Nov 14, 2010
So increasing the bride price would safe marriages? Huh

Think about it!
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2010
IGBOboyy:

Think about it!
High bride price is not guaranteed to decrease divorce, nor is it guaranteed to make the man more picky when it comes to marrying a woman.
Re: Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. by IGBOboyy(m): 9:14pm On Nov 14, 2010
High bride prices is not guaranteed to stop divorces, nor is he guaranteed to make the man more picky when it comes to marrying a woman.

Would you throw away your 15k naira a yard lace after using it for a week?

If he wasn't really interested after seeing the huge list from her family he would simply back out.

Get it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yoruba Does Not Have A Word For Tiger, Ekun Can Be Used To Describe Big Cats / What Is 'traditional' To The Igbo? | Gịnị Bụ Omẹnàlà Na Ányá Ńdí Ìgbò? / Whole Ondo State Was Under Benin Kingdom Except OWO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.