Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) (96446 Views)

Wizkid Mistakenly Throws £100K Ring And Jacket To Fans During Show / Tiwa Savage's Look To Wizkid's Starboy Fest In London / Wizkid's Outfit To Global Citizen Fest In South Africa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by GistGoViral: 5:14am On Oct 20, 2019
The jacket Wizkid wore to his Starboy Fest at at the 02 Arena in London cost $6,550 = N2,367,000.

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/the-jacket-wizkid-wore-his-starboy-fest-in-london-cost-n2367-000

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by GistGoViral: 5:14am On Oct 20, 2019

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Mrop(m): 5:19am On Oct 20, 2019
This guy sha
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Aidejay(m): 5:49am On Oct 20, 2019
Na wetin im no get Im use im money buy
As u no get land, When dat kind money enta carry am go buy. Nobody dey hold u
The land buyers and vanity crew pple....no be everybody sabi maintain poverty like u so please spare us.

155 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Joshmodest(m): 5:59am On Oct 20, 2019
Babanla ....the legend of our time !
Before the land buyers , save for your kidney , investors and Vanity crew arrive ....
It's his money if he like make he assemble am and light matches put. It's nobady's business !!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by tayebest(m): 6:02am On Oct 20, 2019
Aidejay:
[s]Na wetin im no get Im use im money buy
As u no get land, When dat kind money enta carry am go buy. Nobody dey hold u
The land buyers and vanity crew pple....no be everybody sabi maintain poverty like u so please spare us.[/s]

What's this one saying? undecided undecided

380 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by CANDYDADDY(m): 6:02am On Oct 20, 2019
Chai, blood of buhari!!!

Some one 30 years salary

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by judey1992(m): 6:24am On Oct 20, 2019
As e dey hot, the nnigger is going Places but he ought to learn from Majek Fashek nd Ronaldo

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Holaryhemy(f): 6:38am On Oct 20, 2019
I dnt see how that concerns you o. Were you there when he was buying it? Ppl sha.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Kastrom: 7:25am On Oct 20, 2019
judey1992:
As e dey hot, the nnigger is going Places but he ought to learn from Majek Fashek nd Ronaldo

Learn what abeg?
n how Ronaldo take enter this matter?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by judey1992(m): 7:38am On Oct 20, 2019
Kastrom:

Learn what abeg?
n how Ronaldo take enter this matter?
Baba na investment and lifestyle matter.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Venerable612(m): 7:47am On Oct 20, 2019
How a cloth maker can justify selling a piece of clothing for #2.3m beats me.

The materials plus the knitting probably does not cost more than #300k.

It’s mostly just the name or Brand that these folks pay for.

The irony of it is the notorious economic doctrine of diminishing returns. I hope these guys do sure have a heap of investments for the benefit of their kids and future generations.

Otherwise, they’d be surprised this piece of clothing will sell for less than #1000 in the next two decades - perhaps in the same value their career would inevitably depreciate with time.

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by DRPAIT123(m): 7:52am On Oct 20, 2019
Nothing special

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by DRPAIT123(m): 7:54am On Oct 20, 2019
Venerable612:
its not about the cloth, it's about class, same applies for all ostentatious goods.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 7:57am On Oct 20, 2019
shocked

Pure lies.

Uzuakpuuche the upholsterer at Ogbor Hill will replicate any given specimen with even better leather for less than 4000naira.

That's how ingenious a Nigerian mind is. Why go for an original when a better original can be imitated?

The Nigerian jersey was overhyped but smarter people like Ubi Franklin visited Aba.
No one will ever know unless you tell them amd that's the beauty about packaging.

Wizkid knows this too and that's why he will/can NEVER spend over 200k on any cloth.

I am not saying this may not be an original. I am only saying that even if it is. Wizkid didn't buy it.
He is only modelling it for LV....a very symbiotic business relationship.

He models their very expensive cloth at a sold-out show, he gets the hype of being a heavy spender...at the end of the show, he returns the jacket to LV with not only his body odour, but the publicity it needs to be sold.

And the ignorant ones will believe he actually spent over 2million on a jacket.
You think he has that kind of money to throw away and still has difficulties paying his son's school fees?

Think again.
Showbiz is only a mastery of make-belief.

376 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by GOFRONT(m): 7:59am On Oct 20, 2019
Drop it like it hot
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Patosky4U: 8:00am On Oct 20, 2019
Some vanity crew go soon show for here.... I wonder if they use poverty swear for some people

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by ArticleBeast: 8:02am On Oct 20, 2019
Venerable612:

The irony of it is the notorious economic doctrine of diminishing returns. I hope these guys do sure have a heap of investments for the benefit of their kids and future generations.

Otherwise, they’d be surprised this piece of clothing will sell for less than #1000 in the next two decades - perhaps in the same value their career would inevitably depreciate with time.
It is brand identity. The same with Rolls Royce, Apple and other luxury product.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Venerable612(m): 8:04am On Oct 20, 2019
DRPAIT123:
its not about the cloth, it's about class, same applies for all ostentatious goods.
ArticleBeast:

It is brand identity. The same with Rolls Royce, Apple and other luxury product.

I totally agree with you that the brand is being sold. But You can’t compare both classes of goods.

You probably get the best apple product right now for Nigerian #700k.

Thats 3 times less than the piece of clothing identified above.

1. the cost of producing the Apple #700k product and the technology involved should be valued roughtly 350k (if not more than, I am not a technologist.). Same goes with the Rolls-Royce. The raw materials, cost of production and value of the product is still commensurate with the Price. The cost of producing this clothing is in no way commensurate with #2.3m

2. As an entertainer. You probably won’t like to be seen putting on a piece of clothing for more than one or two events - no matter how much you bought it. But your average Rolls-Royce or Apple product is your every day showbiz. In other words, you will probably derive more value from both brands than clothings.

3. Nd lastly, the Rolls-Royce and Apple products are conduits to making more money. E.g. I have made so much money through my iPhone... way way above the value I bought it. So Yh, the investment paid off. Same way loads of rich people take their Rolls-Royce to close multi-million naira deals.

Bottom line is that - a piece of clothing does actually worth less compared its price Nd the other luxurious goods you alluded to.

Again- I understand it’s showbiz.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 20, 2019
Well if u follow wizkidwardrobe on instagram u won't be surprised by this.
Wizkids outfits are usually $2000 & above. His UK stylist also gets stuff straight from the runway sometimes. And they tag the designers and jewellers pages, so no its not fake.

7 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Xclusiveme: 8:11am On Oct 20, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Pure lies.

Uzuakpuuche the upholsterer at Ogbor Hill will replicate any given specimen with even better leather for less than 4000naira.

That's how ingenious a Nigerian mind is. Why go for an original when a better original can be imitated?

The Nigerian jersey was overhyped but smarter people like Ubi Franklin visited Aba.
No one will ever know unless you tell them.
That's the beauty about packaging.

Wizkid knows this too.

Only broke ass niggas do that

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Xclusiveme: 8:13am On Oct 20, 2019
When you earn in dollar you spend in dollar. So stop converting to naira. U making it feel like its so fucking expensive. This is a normal price for a good outfit in the US

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 20, 2019
Xclusiveme:

Only broke ass niggas do that
You dey mind dt one. Poverty don kill am.

The same wizkid dt hangs out with american artistes, dt was once personally styled by Stefano Gabbanna. And NIKE (wey no be anybody mate, as per billion dollar company) made a whole clothing line with his name plastered on it. As in, Nike, sat at a table wt wizkid & gave him a clothing line deal. Na the same wizkid go look for china copy to wear for his o2 arena show. Same show he made crazy money on ticket sales. shocked

Nwaamaikpe go drink garri & sleep. The money wey wizkid make for the canada tours he did in the month of april alone, fit feed ur family for 20 years. grin

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Olibboy: 8:23am On Oct 20, 2019
@Op your figure ain't correct. check the topic
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 20, 2019
Funny thing is he will end up giving out the jacket cos he cant wear it again. cry

He gave a fan the red Givenchy jacket he wore at last night's show in Manchester.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by Evect(m): 9:07am On Oct 20, 2019
Frivolity
Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by SarkinYarki: 9:17am On Oct 20, 2019
Venerable612:

He should have just bought land in Awoyaya ko?

6 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by happybee: 9:28am On Oct 20, 2019
See them arguing upandan on top person clothes..
undecided

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by nwimo22(m): 9:33am On Oct 20, 2019
Stupid lie

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by ArticleBeast: 9:42am On Oct 20, 2019
Venerable612:

I totally agree with you that the brand is being sold. But You can’t compare both classes of goods.

You probably get the best apple product right now for Nigerian #700k.

Thats 3 times less than the piece of clothing identified above.

1. the cost of producing the Apple #700k product and the technology involved should be valued roughtly 350k (if not more than, I am not a technologist.). Same goes with the Rolls-Royce. The raw materials, cost of production and value of the product is still commensurate with the Price. The cost of producing this clothing is in no way commensurate with #2.3m

2. As an entertainer. You probably won’t like to be seen putting on a piece of clothing for more than one or two events - no matter how much you bought it. But your average Rolls-Royce or Apple product is your every day showbiz. In other words, you will probably derive more value from both brands than clothings.

3. Nd lastly, the Rolls-Royce and Apple products are conduits to making more money. E.g. I have made so much money through my iPhone... way way above the value I bought it. So Yh, the investment paid off. Same way loads of rich people take their Rolls-Royce to close multi-million naira deals.

Bottom line is that - a piece of clothing does actually worth less compared its price Nd the other luxurious goods you alluded to.

Again- I understand it’s showbiz.
You got it right. It is showbiz

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wore N2.3M Jacket To His Starboy Fest In London (Photos) by jom28gy(m): 9:44am On Oct 20, 2019
what is actually is given these people money?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wizkid Flaunts His N432 Million Wristwatch On Instagram (Photos) / Bobrisky Undergoes Surgery In Dubai / Kenyan Reporter Shades Nigeria As Zuckerberg Leaves Nigeria For Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.