Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,193 members, 7,860,270 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:43 AM

One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly (11109 Views)

One Reason Why People Are Born Gay / Prophet Daniel Abodunrin Got Eaten By A Lion As He Wants To Act Like Daniel / Western Portrayal Of Jesus As White One Reason Muhammad Ali Converted To Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by IHEKE123: 10:29am On Oct 27, 2019
OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME TO LISTEN TO YOU IN JESUS NAME I PRAY AMEN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Advancedman(m): 10:30am On Oct 27, 2019
jesusjnr:
One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly

Genesis 39:7-10 (KJV)

7 And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
8 But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;
9 There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?
10 And it came to pass, as she spake to Joseph day by day, that he hearkened not unto her, to lie by her, or to be with her.

It is easy for a man to blame the woman whenever he falls into temptation and sins against God as man had done in the beginning, but this instance of Joseph proves that the buck stops with man.

Hence why man was punished by God for listening to the woman's voice in the beginning, because God had clearly instructed him not to eat of that tree. So although she had tempted him to do so, if he had not listened to her voice as Joseph had done in the instance of Portiphar's wife, he would have not fallen.

So he didn't fall because she had tempted him to go contrary to God's instructions, but because he listened to her voice.

And from the saying of Joseph in that passage, it could be deduced what distinguished him from man in the beginning, and all those men who have fallen into temptation because they had listened to the woman voice, which is the fear of God.

For that's the reason why Joseph did not listen to the woman's voice as they had done, despite the fact that he was also tempted by woman to commit such a great act of wickedness and sin against God.

Unfortunately that's what many christians and church leaders have lost today, even that fear of God that would make them not act so wickedly, even if they are under immense pressure to do so.

That's how the devil had been able to prevent them from attaining God's purpose for their lives, and the fulfilment of their God-given dreams.

Because had Joseph not had the fear of God in him, and hence refused to commit adultery with his master's wife, he would not have landed in prison.

Had he not landed in prison, he would have not landed on the throne and became all that God intended for him and had shown him via his dreams.

And aside becoming the prime minister of Egypt, he refusal to fall into temptation (commit adultery) because of the fear of God in him, proved live-saving, as it was crucial in the preservation of the lives not just of his own family and brethren, but also the families of all mankind during the seven years of severe famine.

Only God knows how much humanity has lost to the devil, inclusive of men's souls, due to the lack of the fear of God in the church nowadays.

It's my earnest prayer that the fear of God would come back into men's hearts, so that they would have one good reason not act so wickedly.

Amen.

Dear writer Joseph story differs from Adam's because Eve was Adam's wife but this is Joseph Master's wife.
Make diligent study to find the right reference scriptures.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 27, 2019
Advancedman:

Dear writer Joseph story differs from Adam's because Eve was Adam's wife but this is Joseph Master's wife.
What connects both stories is that either of them was tempted by a woman whether wife or not to sin against God.

But while one listened to the woman's voice, the other didn't.

And the one who didn't listen to the woman's voice, did it because of his fear of God.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Timisamd(m): 10:59am On Oct 27, 2019
jesusjnr:
It has to do with pride which usually comes with knowledge, and it can be linked with the reason man disobeyed God in the beginning, and possibly why God had commanded man not to eat of that tree in the first place.

I read this and it takes 5secs to get it.. I had scrolled down and then get the message and came back to hit the like..

Nice one man ...

1 Like

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by LordTosinJ(m): 11:06am On Oct 27, 2019
masterP042:
In the Bible God used jobs life, business and family to play betting with the devil. Men that's wickedness.
All these wickedness men do, they learnt it from God. He wiped the whole world in the days of Noah to wipe sin, las las the sin is even worse today.. Hope he's apologizing to those kids, widows and orphans he drowned then, cos he killed and punished them in vain..
Guys, God created evil Isaiah 45vs7. He's the source of all the pains and terrible things we suffer.
Read this book. I believe you need it

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 27, 2019
morikee:
For your mind these are reasons
The fear of God is one reason not to act so wickedly.

That's what made Joseph not to commit adultery with his master's wife in spite of the her temptations.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Amanda4life: 12:04pm On Oct 27, 2019
In AFRICA. No man can do without adultery

Unless he is very poor
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by tolukem(f): 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
Primesky:
God bless you OP for this write up.

Only when we see these things for what they are can we begin to address them properly, and treat them with caution.

Fornication and adultery have become glamorized in our world today that people now pride themselves in it. Sex before marriage is now a norm, yet we claim we love God, while brazenly disobeying Him. If we don't see it as wickedness against God and man, how can we flee from it?.

And each time we brazenly dishonor God that way, something precious eludes us without some of us knowing it.

May God open our eyes and give us grace to stand for what is good, true and right.

Thank you sir, these are my thoughts exactly.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 27, 2019
IHEKE123:
OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME TO LISTEN TO YOU IN JESUS NAME I PRAY AMEN
AMEN!!!
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Legendguru: 4:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
Oh
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 27, 2019
Timisamd:

I read this and it takes 5secs to get it.. I had scrolled down and then get the message and came back to hit the like..

Nice one man ...
Lol!

Thank God you did eventually get it!

God bless.

1 Like

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by NiCurious: 7:34pm On Oct 27, 2019
"The buck stops with you." It doesn't have to be about not listening to a woman's voice. It is about not listening to any voice that is telling you to do something, that you know better than to do.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by MuttleyLaff: 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
jesusjnr:
The fear of God.

Advancedman:

jesusjnr:
What connects both stories is that either of them was tempted by a woman whether wife or not to sin against God.
But while one listened to the woman's voice, the other didn't.
And the one who didn't listen to the woman's voice, did it because of his fear of God.
God bless.

jesusjnr:
The fear of God is one reason not to act so wickedly.
That's what made Joseph not to commit adultery with his master's wife in spite of the her temptations.
You this fake prophet, self proclaimed prophet, where in the Bible is it written or suggested, it was the fear of God, that was the reason why Joseph refused to straff Potiphar's wife, hmm?

I used to think it was the fear of God, even said it to a brother the other month, while sharing scriptures with each other, but then on that night, I went home to double check what really happened and since then I have corrected myself and how I tell that Joseph and Potiphar's wife narrative. I kind of suspected I wasn't telling the brother the exact facts, that was why when I got back home, I asap quickly went to check up on the verse to find out what transpired and read about what Joseph really said.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by budaatum: 8:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

I used to think it was the fear of God, even said it to a brother the other month, while sharing scriptures with each other, but then on that night, I went home to double check what really happened and since then I have corrected myself
So, you were a fake prophet too until the other month, and now think you've engaged your brain?

Ismh@u!

1 Like

Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by ABOVEDELAW: 3:14am On Oct 28, 2019
HOW MANY SCIENTISTS DO YOU KNOW?
Fadomero:
Nawao I wonder why scientist don't believe God exist despite their inventions I just wonder
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 28, 2019
AlphaStyles:
u sure say Eve breast and Punana no contribute?
It didn't. Nothing like lust then.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 29, 2019
NiCurious:
"The buck stops with you." It doesn't have to be about not listening to a woman's voice. It is about not listening to any voice that is telling you to do something, that you know better than to do.
Yes definitely. You are right about the bolded.

However this is intentionally targeted at all those men who instead of taking responsibility for their actions, would rather blame the women for their failings and downfall as Adam had done in the beginning.

So they'd know that the buck actually stops with them not the woman.

God bless.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 30, 2019
The fear of God works, for even when no man is there with you, if you have the fear of God who is able to see what no man sees, in you, you would not act so wickedly.

And even when you do, you'd not be looking for someone else to blame, but would take full responsibility for your actions because you know that the buck stops with you.

So you'd ask God for forgiveness and also to help you so that you wouldn't act so wickedly next time.

I am not just saying this but also speaking from experience, for the fear of God is something that has helped me everywhere I go, not to act so wickedly, because I know that God is with me everywhere i go and that He would not be happy with me, so I wouldn't want to do something that would offend Him and make Him depart from me.

God bless.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 31, 2019
The church leaders need the fear of God in their hearts for them to stop walking in inquity and misleading the sheep.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 01, 2019
You church leaders misleading people with the wrong doctrines, committing adultery, rape, theft, etc., don't you have the fear of God in you?
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2019
Learn to take responsibility for your actions, it would help you to be more careful of the things you do.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
Before you act so wickedly and go and rape that girl, commit adultery etc., think about God.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 04, 2019
Are you sure you have the fear of God in you?

Your actions not your words would give the correct answer to that question.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 05, 2019
The fear of God is backed by the Scriptures to be a good reason for men not to act so wickedly.

So such Scriptures about the fear of God would be the coming up next and in subsequent posts.

God bless.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 06, 2019
Genesis 20:11 (KJV)

11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife's sake.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 07, 2019
Deuteronomy 25:17-18 (KJV)

17 Remember what Amalek did unto thee by the way, when ye were come forth out of Egypt;
18 How he met thee by the way, and smote the hindmost of thee, even all that were feeble behind thee, when thou wast faint and weary; and he feared not God.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 08, 2019
2 Kings 17:25-28 (KJV)

25 And so it was at the beginning of their dwelling there, that they feared not the LORD: therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which slew some of them.
26 Wherefore they spake to the king of Assyria, saying, The nations which thou hast removed, and placed in the cities of Samaria, know not the manner of the God of the land: therefore he hath sent lions among them, and, behold, they slay them, because they know not the manner of the God of the land.
27 Then the king of Assyria commanded, saying, Carry thither one of the priests whom ye brought from thence; and let them go and dwell there, and let him teach them the manner of the God of the land.
28 Then one of the priests whom they had carried away from Samaria came and dwelt in Beth-el, and taught them how they should fear the LORD.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 09, 2019
Jeremiah 5:23-25 (KJV)

23 But this people hath a revolting and a rebellious heart; they are revolted and gone.
24 Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God, that giveth rain, both the former and the latter, in his season: he reserveth unto us the appointed weeks of the harvest.
25 Your iniquities have turned away these things, and your sins have withholden good things from you.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 10, 2019
Jeremiah 2:19 (KJV)

19 Thine own wickedness shall correct thee, and thy backslidings shall reprove thee: know therefore and see that it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the LORD thy God, and that my fear is not in thee, saith the Lord GOD of hosts.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2019
Psalms 36:1 (KJV)

1 The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2019
Psalms 55:19 (KJV)

19 God shall hear, and afflict them, even he that abideth of old. Selah. Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God.
Re: One Reason Not To Act So Wickedly by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2019
Isaiah 57:11 (KJV)

11 And of whom hast thou been afraid or feared, that thou hast lied, and hast not remembered me, nor laid it to thy heart? have not I held my peace even of old, and thou fearest me not?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Essence Of Marriage?? / The False And Heretic Apocraphal Books Added To The Bible By Catholic Church. / Three Reasons To Get To Church On Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.