Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? (1462 Views)

Ashe Incision On Lip Repercussion / Don't Imitate Celebrities When You Want To Do Charitable Deeds / God Reacts Quickly To Prayer Of Bad Deeds Than To Prayer Of Good Tidings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by babyfaceafrica: 12:12pm On Oct 20, 2019
People who perform good deeds are certainly rewarded with the good feelings that come from doing good deeds. They are also likely to be esteemed and supported by the community.

On the other side of the coin is the adage crime doesn't pay . Criminals are often caught and prosecuted. Even those who aren't caught may be forced into hiding or may suffer from a "guilty conscience."
However, those are generalizations. In the political arena, crimes pays big time. Corrupt politicians can exploit and even murder millions of people and never spend a day in jail. They can become millionaires. Just about any U.S. President could be used as an example.
Ditto for CEO's, like Bill Gates. The same applies to the media and contemporary labor unions.

So one can be variously punished or rewarded for bad deeds. In general, I think it's safe to say that those who profit from crime tend to be more powerful and are generally associated with "organized crime," which can include governments.

Good deeds are probably more likely to pay dividends, even if they aren't monetary. However, they can be punished - especially in the political arena.

For example, activists who fight for social justice are typically insulted, harassed and even murdered.

On a bit of a tangent, I find it interesting that evil seems to ordinarily prevail over good, at least at the higher levels of the political system. Think about the Roman Empire, the European colonial empires and the United States. There are amazingly few stories about "good leaders."

One of the political/psychological questions I've long pursued is why it's so hard for good to triumph over evil. Ironically, one of the problems may be the victims, who are often too "good" to fight back.

does karma work?

oam4j,mynd44,seun
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by chiefolododo(m): 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2019
Is that a question?
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by Gggg102(m): 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2019
No
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by BetterChurch: 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
People who perform good deeds are certainly rewarded with the good....

does karma work?

YES

Karma doesn't goes to work alone. Reincarnation and Karma ensure the job is not only done but done well. True wisdom is understanding that these are the very foundation of life itself. No one can escape his good/evil deeds for "God cannot be mocked."
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by poik(m): 11:55pm On Oct 20, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
People who perform good deeds are certainly rewarded with the good feelings that come from doing good deeds. They are also likely to be esteemed and supported by the community.

On the other side of the coin is the adage crime doesn't pay . Criminals are often caught and prosecuted. Even those who aren't caught may be forced into hiding or may suffer from a "guilty conscience."
However, those are generalizations. In the political arena, crimes pays big time. Corrupt politicians can exploit and even murder millions of people and never spend a day in jail. They can become millionaires. Just about any U.S. President could be used as an example.
Ditto for CEO's, like Bill Gates. The same applies to the media and contemporary labor unions.

So one can be variously punished or rewarded for bad deeds. In general, I think it's safe to say that those who profit from crime tend to be more powerful and are generally associated with "organized crime," which can include governments.

Good deeds are probably more likely to pay dividends, even if they aren't monetary. However, they can be punished - especially in the political arena.

For example, activists who fight for social justice are typically insulted, harassed and even murdered.

On a bit of a tangent, I find it interesting that evil seems to ordinarily prevail over good, at least at the higher levels of the political system. Think about the Roman Empire, the European colonial empires and the United States. There are amazingly few stories about "good leaders."

One of the political/psychological questions I've long pursued is why it's so hard for good to triumph over evil. Ironically, one of the problems may be the victims, who are often too "good" to fight back.

does karma work?

My answer is a resounding YES.

Almost every religion of the world believes in a form of retribution or the other. Karma is of Hindu origin, i think, other religions have other names for it.
Bible says God is not mocked, what a man sows, he will reap.
Hand joined in hand, no sinner will go unpunished.
There is absolute repercussion for each and every evil committed. the size and timing may vary. what is more painful is that one may not even be able to connect it to when and where it happened.
David killed Uriah, he lost four sons. He counted Israel, a great famine fell upon Israel. Saul disobeyed God, the kingdom was wrested from him.

Dont be deceived by the sleaze of these politicians that ride on the backs of stolen wealth to get flashy cars and oppress people. How many sons has El-Rufai lost as at the last count?
How many of their children turn out useful, commensurate with the billions spent on them?
How many of them get a good night's bed rest at home,devoid of women and cocaine sedation?
Do you know the health challenges they are servicing secretly?
If you understand what it means to keep looking over your shoulder the rest of your life, startled by every sound because of the people you have offended, you will know that no house or car or luxury life is worth your peace of mind.
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by nlPoster: 12:48am On Oct 21, 2019

No good deed goes unpunished, as they say.

I find it interesting that evil seems to ordinarily prevail over good

So, you answered your own question.
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by nlPoster: 12:51am On Oct 21, 2019

Interesting pov.

Perhaps too naive you mean?

does karma work?

If it does, karma is not "being rewarded for good and punished for bad" because to ensure balance, karma would be good/bad, bad/good.

Reward for good, punishment for bad would be something else, not karma, I should think.
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by babyfaceafrica: 4:43am On Oct 21, 2019
poik:

Almost every religion of the world believes in a form of retribution or the other. Karma is of Hindu origin, i think, other religions have other names for it.
There is absolute repercussion for each and every evil committed. the size and timing may vary. what is more painful is that one may not even be able to connect it to when and where it happened.
David killed Uriah, he lost four sons. He counted Israel, a great famine fell upon Israel. Saul disobeyed God, the kingdom was wrested from him.

Dont be deceived by the sleaze of these politicians that ride on the backs of stolen wealth to get flashy cars and oppress people. How many sons has El-Rufai lost as at the last count?
How many of their children turn out useful, commensurate with the billions spent on them?
How many of them get a good night's bed rest at home,devoid of women and cocaine sedation?
If you understand what it means to keep looking over your shoulder the rest of your life, startled by every sound because of the people you have offended, you will know that no house or car or luxury life is worth your peace of mind.
even righteous people have bad things happening to them sir,so what differentiate bad things happening to bad people and those happening to good people?..Even job children died ..sometimes i think things will happen,whether we do good or bad

1 Like

Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by orisa37: 4:48am On Oct 21, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

does karma work?

Yes. Like God will burn all Atheists soon.
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by ihedioramma: 5:42am On Oct 21, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
even righteous people have bad things happening to them sir,so what differentiate bad things happening to bad people and those happening to good people?..Even job children died ..sometimes i think things will happen,whether we do good or bad
Always do good . the people you call good people may not be good as you think because you dont no what they do at back . For example i has see one man have sex with another woman that is not his wife, the next day he want to church to teach people bible .
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by Raalsalghul: 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

does karma work?

There's nothing like Karma.

You can get away with bad deeds if you're smart.

Case in point: Nigeria's leaders.

But I prefer doing good cos it makes me feel good.

And I can't remember a time I've been rewarded for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by babyfaceafrica: 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2019
Raalsalghul:

There's nothing like Karma.

You can get away with bad deeds if you're smart.

Case in point: Nigeria's leaders.

But I prefer doing good cos it makes me feel good.

And I can't remember a time I've been rewarded for it.
hmmm are you religious.
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by Raalsalghul: 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
hmmm are you religious.

No, I'm not.

But I'm a praticing christian.

I believe in the existence of God.
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by babyfaceafrica: 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2019
Raalsalghul:

No, I'm not.

But I'm a praticing christian.

I believe in the existence of God.
but Bible said no sinner will go unpunished and he will visit the sins of the father on the children...or am I wrong?
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by Raalsalghul: 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
but Bible said no sinner will go unpunished and he will visit the sins of the father on the children...or am I wrong?

The same bible also mentions forgiveness if there is genuine repentance.

That aside, can you state how this bad people are being punished?

Because me I don't know, maybe you do.

See ehn, in as much as I believe in the existence of God, serve him, and have accepted Jesus christ, I try to keep an open mind mainly by observation.

I've seen people get away with bad deeds so many times: enough not to believe in Karma.

Maybe their punishment is in the afterlife, but like I said before, I don't know.

You tell me.

1 Like

Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by hakeem4(m): 6:51pm On Oct 21, 2019
I presume You’re indirectly talking about karma. The idea that if you do good you’d get good reward and if you do bad you’d get a bad reward is common amongst religious beliefs.

This type of idea is useless. If you think your Business partner who cheated you in the business will in future get cheated on or something evil will happen to him. Then you must be delusional. The truth of the matter there’s no evidence for the theory of karma.

The world isn’t fair. If you do good now, in the future there’s a probability that either good or bad can happen to you.

I hope you understand what I’m trying to say

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by babyfaceafrica: 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2019
Raalsalghul:

The same bible also mentions forgiveness if there is genuine repentance.

That aside, can you state how this bad people are being punished?

Because me I don't know, maybe you do.

See ehn, in as much as I believe in the existence of God, serve him, and have accepted Jesus christ, I try to keep an open mind mainly by observation.

I've seen people get away with bad deeds so many times: enough not to believe in Karma.

Maybe their punishment is in the afterlife, but like I said before, I don't know.

You tell me.
you have a valid point though....i guess doing good makes us feel good and doing bad makes us feel bad!!... when I see people who have cheated and killed enjoying,I just wonder what happens in this world
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by babyfaceafrica: 7:04pm On Oct 21, 2019
hakeem4:
I presume You’re indirectly talking about karma. The idea that if you do good you’d get good reward and if you do bad you’d get a bad reward is common amongst religious beliefs.

This type of idea is useless. If you think your Business partner who cheated you in the business will in future get cheated on or something evil will happen to him. Then you must be delusional. The truth of the matter there’s no evidence for the theory of karma.

The world isn’t fair. If you do good now, in the future there’s a probability that either good or bad can happen to you.

I hope you understand what I’m trying to say
I take it,you are not religious!!
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by Uyi168: 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2019
The poor and the oppressed only wished Karma were real..
Sadly, it's poo...

5 Likes

Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by Image123(m): 8:13pm On Oct 21, 2019
Of course. But not necessarily on earth. Judgement day is coming. I wonder how many hindus we have in the house that they are frequently yapping karma karma.
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by babyfaceafrica: 8:16pm On Oct 21, 2019
Image123:
Of course. But not necessarily on earth. Judgement day is coming. I wonder how many hindus we have in the house that they are frequently yapping karma karma.
so karma is not true?
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by Image123(m): 10:55pm On Oct 21, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
so karma is not true?

Judgement is ral and true. i don't know what karma is, i'm not hindu.
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by babyfaceafrica: 10:57pm On Oct 21, 2019
Image123:

Judgement is ral and true. i don't know what karma is, i'm not hindu.
what is ral?
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by Image123(m): 12:03am On Oct 22, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
what is ral?

REAL.
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by hakeem4(m): 6:54am On Oct 22, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
I take it,you are not religious!!
yeah I’m an unbeliever
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by hakeem4(m): 6:55am On Oct 22, 2019
Image123:
do you have any evidence for this your judgement day claim or it’s just something you were told about
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by babyfaceafrica: 7:13am On Oct 22, 2019
hakeem4:
yeah I’m an unbeliever
hmmn
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by hopefulLandlord: 7:55am On Oct 22, 2019
poik:

My guy. you try but your points are totally off target.
There are good people that lose children, there are good people that their children end up being bad. there are good people who can't have a good night's rest because of bills to pay and hunger. there are good people who have secret health challenges. there are good people who have to look over their shoulders due to their being target just because they're good like a good person who reports cultists to the authorities would need to keep his concentration up. There are good people with no peace of mind

Your point is basically confirmation bias. If a good person is facing health challenges you ignore that but if a corrupt one is facing same you chalk it down to their corruption

If a good person has a bad child you ignore it but if a politician were in the same shoes it's because he is corrupt

If a good person's kid dies you pretend it never happened but if it were a corrupt politician's kid you say it's proof corruption doesn't pay

this is the kind of thinking that's holding Nigeria back.

6 Likes

Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by poik(m): 8:06am On Oct 22, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

There are good people that lose children, there are good people that their children end up being bad. there are good people who can't have a good night's rest because of bills to pay and hunger. there are good people who have secret health challenges. there are good people who have to look over their shoulders due to their being target just because they're good like a good person who reports cultists to the authorities would need to keep his concentration up. There are good people with no peace of mind

My guy.

Let us not lose sight of the initial question.
Again, before you say there are good people who suffer, be entirely sure you know the whole story, and not just what you were told. I can also align with you that there are few people who suffer unjustly. A lot of forces are at work in this world. A son can suffer for the evil the father committed. If you read my post I said it is possible for one not to be able to connect consequence with action.

The fact that some good people suffer unjustly does not mean there isn't Karma. Retribution is a natural law.
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by poik(m): 8:23am On Oct 22, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

Your point is basically confirmation bias. If a good person is facing health challenges you ignore that but if a corrupt one is facing same you chalk it down to their corruption

If a good person has a bad child you ignore it but if a politician were in the same shoes it's because he is corrupt

If a good person's kid dies you pretend it never happened but if it were a corrupt politician's kid you say it's proof corruption doesn't pay

this is the kind of thinking that's holding Nigeria back.

A good person has a bad child. Don't conclude that person was good until you go deep enough to find out how GOOD that person was in his childhood and youth. I know of a pastor whose son swindled him that he was in school for years meanwhile he squanderd all the fees on riotous living. The question is what did the guy do to his own parents. These things dont just happen. Because you are born again does not negate consequence. Now if you are close to that very boy in his latter years and his son does the same thing, you will call him good. I am not that shallow in my considerations.

I am not still ruling out the fact that an innocent person can go through hard times. There are cases wherein God just wants to prove a point, like that of Job, and we know how it ended.
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by babyfaceafrica: 8:37am On Oct 22, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

this is the kind of thinking that's holdyouing Nigeria back.
you have a point,I think repercussions are bias somehow, you can do good and b repaid bad, and you can be bad and be done good

a bokoharam terrorist is pardoned(someone who kills people) and he is given a new job by the government

a Niger Delta militant is pardoned(after destroying lives and properties) and given amnesty to cater for.him and Hus family for the rest of his life..where is karma?
Re: Does Bad Deeds Always Have Repercussion? by babyfaceafrica: 8:39am On Oct 22, 2019
poik:

My guy.

Let us not lose sight of the initial question.
Again, before you say there are good people who suffer, be entirely sure you know the whole story, and not just what you were told. I can also align with you that there are few people who suffer unjustly. A lot of forces are at work in this world. A son can suffer for the evil the father committed. If you read my post I said it is possible for one not to be able to connect consequence with action.

The fact that some good people suffer unjustly does not mean there isn't Karma. Retribution is a natural law.
sir,nobody is good ,nobody is bad..everything is relative.. even the bible says not one is blameless!!!....we have all in one way lied,stolen,killed,cheat!!..does tat imply karma will visit us all and our children?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Created Water? Is There Any Proof Of How It Was Created? / Religion ,atheism ,and Men's perspectives Concerning God. / Why Do Modest Ladies Open Their Breasts On Their Wedding Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.